Where did you go with your Mini Truck or 4Runner this week? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my local alternator shop sold me a brush holder set for 5$
ymmv
Yep, I have a small starter/alternator shop where I live. I walked in with my worn brushes (just the brushes, no holder) and asked for another pair. Fella didn't even look at them and asked what they were for. A few moments later he walked out with a new pair. I asked "how much." He said "get lost."

IMG_6805.jpeg

I had a block heater fail on me at highway speeds last spring, by the time I was able to safely slow down / turn off the motor....a large amount of coolant was lost in my 22R. Tore the motor apart and this block / head is too far gone. Thankfully I had a spare 22R sitting from a 83 2WD truck, so I stripped it and got it sent out to get inspected. Here's the "cooked" 22R getting removed. It's a shame since I rebuilt it only 25K km ago when I hydro-locked it in 2020. Going to re-use a lot of bits from it for the replacement motor.

FC48E160-7D79-4013-A000-F73C9F8BA7E9_1_105_c.jpeg

DF8FAA99-7452-4A88-BD5D-933504B83030_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Fine cool day on the rocks Gordy’s Hill, Socorro County, NM
IMG_7224.jpeg

IMG_3680.jpeg

I finally checked out road to the sea, island of Hawaii. 45 minutes from the highway to the beach. It would be an OK place to camp on an unusual day when not windy. The route is rougher than it appears in my photo. Only 6 miles, slow going. Nice cinder cones near the beach. 4WD not really needed except uphill in one spot was helpful.

IMG_0403.jpeg

IMG_0401.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom