Where can I get an electrical pin removal tool? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MDarius

I break stuff.
SILVER Star
Threads
That's it. I called the dealer and they don't sell them. Where can I get a tool to remove the pins from the Toyota connectors without damaging the connectors?

Amazon

From the bottom of your tool box, where you ground down that small broken screw driver to the perfect shape..

thats what i use anyway, and ive dismantled and made up loads of 80s connectors.

Yeah, I just found the description of the tool on PG 12 of the EWD. Off to the workshop...

They sell a tool at Fry's electronics made to remove the pins from Molex connectors.
High Density D-Sub Pin Insertion/Extraction Tool

space.gif

space.gif

ECONOMY EXTRACTION TOOL FOR .062" DIAMETER PINS
space.gif
ECONOMY EXTRACTION TOOL FOR .093" DIAMETER PINS

I use these from HF... They also can work for all sorts of random jobs in the garage... Well worth $2...

Mini Pick and Hook Set 4 Pc

Edit: But I will be using my new Wits' End tool once production is complete! It sounds like @NLXTACY is going to have a new product offering!

Last edited:
1mm jeweler's screwdriver. You probably already have one.

P1170166.JPG

My favorite stuff to make them out of is the strips that hold windshield wiper refills in they are perfect, just the right size, amount of spring, a couple of minutes on the sander, done.
2fe_project_154a-jpg.663913

1mm jeweler's screwdriver. You probably already have one.

View attachment 1411546

I finally broke my first one in 10 years of messing with wiring harnesses last week.

I've also found a set of 4 o-ring picks being very good for prying up the white plastic internal retainers in the waterproof plugs under the hood, then regular needlenose pliers good for removing the retainer if a pick won't get it the last bit out.

The mini screw driver on my Leatherman worked great. Thanks!

Cut a section from a brass pen refill. Works just fine on the molex retaining pins.

My favorite stuff to make them out of is the strips that hold windshield wiper refills in they are perfect, just the right size, amount of spring, a couple of minutes on the sander, done.
2fe_project_154a-jpg.663913

This is exactly what I use! I have a stack of these stainless steel wiper stiffeners removed from old wipers. They can be made into many useful tools.

Here are just a few of the things I have made with these things:

The longer ones make great sink drain un-cloggers
Cut into smaller lengths, they make great terminal removal/insertion tools. I have a couple I inserted into wooden handles (dowl rods)
Heat and bend a sharp hook into them for "harness picks" ie digging one wire out of a larger wire bundle
Bend them into S hook shapes for hanging parts on to powder coat or paint. or hanging a harness to soda blast it
Bend them into whatever shape needed to support the brake caliper when doing brake jobs

This is exactly what I use! I have a stack of these stainless steel wiper stiffeners removed from old wipers. They can be made into many useful tools.

Here are just a few of the things I have made with these things:

The longer ones make great sink drain un-cloggers
Cut into smaller lengths, they make great terminal removal/insertion tools. I have a couple I inserted into wooden handles (dowl rods)
Heat and bend a sharp hook into them for "harness picks" ie digging one wire out of a larger wire bundle
Bend them into S hook shapes for hanging parts on to powder coat or paint. or hanging a harness to soda blast it
Bend them into whatever shape needed to support the brake caliper when doing brake jobs

Here's one more use to add to your list, these work great for cleaning the bugs, and other crap out of the fins on your AC condenser, and radiator core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom