Where can I buy new front seat belts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace my brown front seat belts particularly the driver seat. Where can I get new ones?

might help if you provided a year, i can only assume it is for an 80 since you posted in the 80 section.

front right
73210-60270-E1 SABLE, TRIM4* (08/1992 - 07/1993)
3210-60062-E0 SABLE, TRIM4* (08/1993 - 12/1994)
73210-60330-E0 OAK, TRIM4* (01/1995 - 12/1995)
73210-60350-E0 OAK, TRIM4* (01/1996 - 12/1997)

front left
73220-60062-E0 SABLE, TRIM4*
3220-60260-E0 OAK, TRIM4* (01/1995 - 12/1995)
73220-60270-E0 OAK, TRIM4* (01/1996 - 12/1997)

Last edited:
I plan on refitting the belts from the third row seats as they have been removed and the belts were just hanging there doing nothing..

Brown/tan seat belts are discontinued from Toyota.

Blue/gray only.

Part numbers are no use if they do not correspond to reality.

Haha - I was about to say " try @beno - that's right in his wheelhouse " -You beat me to the punch & bested me with the knowledge bomb.

You da man, O! -- You da man.

Sounds like @Cruzilla idea is a option worth the try, just glad I'm still in the 'unpopular' blue/grey option in my 80.

& to OP - your mind is in the right place. I just recently (last ~3 yrs) -replaced my seatbelts with a upgrade Sport Evo package in my 1988 vintage BMW e30m3.

Especially the non-SRS ('94 & earlier) guys, I'd really give this some thought.
Even the '95-'97 is still a skanky old webbing doing 2 decades of work.

I went to the junk yard and pulled the webbing from a Camry wasn't an exact match for my brown but close enough and since I replaced both driver and passenger it matches up front. Cost was $10 for both. Pulled the passenger side off two different cars.

might help if you provided a year, i can only assume it is for an 80 since you posted in the 80 section.

front right
73210-60270-E1 SABLE, TRIM4* (08/1992 - 07/1993)
3210-60062-E0 SABLE, TRIM4* (08/1993 - 12/1994)
73210-60330-E0 OAK, TRIM4* (01/1995 - 12/1995)
73210-60350-E0 OAK, TRIM4* (01/1996 - 12/1997)

front left
73220-60062-E0 SABLE, TRIM4*
3220-60260-E0 OAK, TRIM4* (01/1995 - 12/1995)
73220-60270-E0 OAK, TRIM4* (01/1996 - 12/1997)
thanks. that's helpful. mine is 94.

Brown/tan seat belts are discontinued from Toyota.

Blue/gray only.

Part numbers are no use if they do not correspond to reality.
so if I go with gray can I buy new parts?

so if I go with gray can I buy new parts?

I'd check if 40th AE seatbelts are avail - seems they were the same color brown as the steering wheel & the seat bolster sections. Not a match, but it compliments the oak interior. If you like the 2-tone interior of the 40thAE & Collector Ed models.
There's quite a few NIB steering wheels of those, at least when I checked ~2 yrs ago. So by that reasoning, maybe some belts kicking too. ???

If you can't get those belts, try the LX450 parts bin. Seems the oak belts in a LC are the same as the ones in the tan interior Lexus.

Or, just get yours re-webbed. Some upholstry shops do it, has to be cheaper than buying all new belt/retractor assemblies.

Just some options that all seem to trump grey/blue belts in a oak interior.

Seat Belt Webbing Replacement

I'm giving this a try with a spare set for one of my 92s. Both are pretty rough shape so I figured I would give it a try. I've wasted $150 worse ways...

I'd check if 40th AE seatbelts are avail - seems they were the same color brown as the steering wheel & the seat bolster sections. Not a match, but it compliments the oak interior. If you like the 2-tone interior of the 40thAE & Collector Ed models.
There's quite a few NIB steering wheels of those, at least when I checked ~2 yrs ago. So by that reasoning, maybe some belts kicking too. ???

If you can't get those belts, try the LX450 parts bin. Seems the oak belts in a LC are the same as the ones in the tan interior Lexus.

Or, just get yours re-webbed. Some upholstry shops do it, has to be cheaper than buying all new belt/retractor assemblies.

Just some options that all seem to trump grey/blue belts in a oak interior.
Thanks for the suggestions. If I had the time I would go this route for sure.

Thanks for the suggestions. If I had the time I would go this route for sure.

Call American Toyota - despite no Dan I had a answer in minutes.

Or email @beno - I bet he could give you the lowdown on the darker belts avail.

IDK if the 'sable' is the darker belts of the 40th/CE - but you would at least have better resulting options than the grey belts.

If re-webbing is your final option available, better realize quality upholstry shops have a backlog if you're pressed for a timeline.

Can you share your feedback when you get them back?

Will do. Shipped one out last week. Was going to do both but figured I'd rather only waste $65 if it turns out crappy.

or try Arcteryx=CruiserYard here on MUD for used seat belt assemblies

FYI:
The third row belts are about 6" SHORTER than the DS front belt. (Going from memory in the exact number)

The PS front row belt is about 7" LONGER than the DS front belt. ( Going from memory on the exact number)

I bought a PS belt from a parts truck and swapped the webbing into my DS retractors. Make sure you turn the retractor an extra 4 turns before installing the webbing so it has enough balls to roll it all up. It FILLS the roller so it may not roll up perfectly tight.

Make sure you wash the replacement belt and dry it before installation so it has maximum flexibility.

I'm a fat guy and with the third row belt I couldn't reach the glove box without unbuckling. With the PS belt, I have complete freedom.

Grey looks fine in my oak interior.

Go on a Diet?o_O

I replaced the DS belt because it was shredded by the PO, not because I'm too fat. I'm just fat enough........ I don't need seat belt extenders.

When I used the 3rd row, it was too short. Period. Even my son, who is also 6'-1", couldn't lean over to reach the glovebox because the seatbelt was too short. And he's NOT fat.

If you're a short, skinny little puss that can work with it....great! Go for it! Just letting you know. Bet you didn't know the PS belt was a different length than the DS belt before this thread, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom