When it rains, it pours... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This isn't a "rabbit hole". It's like the title says, when it rains, it pours.
In any case, I'm glad I discovered these things in my driveway rather than somewhere in Kansas on I70.
if you get stuck on I 70, I know a guy that can help you....

Onur got me new plugs for my fuel injectors when i did my head gasket they were a little trick to install but new plugs are so nice. I really should replace a bunch of them suck as the distributer and alt one you just broke.

Is the alt that it is stuck in something that you want or will it be trashed?
Because if you dont care about it once i get the new plug and new alt i would just start cracking apart the plug and removing the wires on at a time. You should be able to do it with out damaging the wires or metal pieces on the end of each wire. You might not damage the alt side of it or it might get damaged. If you care about it then i am sure someone will tell you how to remove it properly. Then just install the new OEM plug and new Alt.
Onur is the man, no doubt.
The current OEM alternator in the truck is of unknown age/mileage, so some months ago I ordered a new one along with a brush kit. My thought was to pull the old one and replace the brushes and do an up close and personal inspection, box it up and leave it on the shelf as a spare.
Once I get the harness repair parts and get the new alternator installed I can play games with the old one at my leisure.

A brief update for those who care.
Over the last 2 weeks I have rebuilt all 4 calipers, new OEM pads, new hand brake shoes, new OEM master cylinder, new OEM water pump (old one was indeed toast), new OEM alternator, all new OEM belts/hoses, replaced distributor o-ring, new plugs/cap/rotor/wires/air filter, PCV valve/grommet, oil change and filter (OEM), transmission fluid drain/refill, lube unis and steering knuckles, new OEM relay rod ends w/Budbuilt relay rod.
Replaced my old Pioneer head unit with an updated on with sat radio, added iPhone charge cable and additional Ram mount for my wife.

I believe she just about ready.

Last edited:

Water pump might be going out

20170325_114801.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom