Wheels that work, part numbers (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm running Pro Comp Series 52, 15x10 3.75 BS. Tires are 37x12.50r15 TrXus M/T's. Fronts have a 3mm spacer to clear the caliper. I've yet to stuff tire, but if anything rubs it'll be minimal on the rear lower bottom corner of the front fenders.

6456186745_e36b1a6fd6_b.jpg

6456200371_f6b4cbfed3_b.jpg

6456209523_7af33b4d17_b.jpg

Series 98 Rock Crawlers by Pro Comp

got them at 4 wheel parts, 3.5 bs, 15x8, no spacers, running 33x12.50

PCW98-5883S3.5
98 15x8 6x5.5 3.5BS -25mm

I have an 88 FJ62...I have purchased some Ultra Wheels "Type 62" wheels from Tire Rack. The Tire Rack configuration says they will fit. They look a lot like the brushed aluminum wheels that came as an option on some land cruisers new with the small circular cutouts. Has anyone else used these wheels?

Ultra Type 62 Silver Machined w/Clearcoat

I just ordered series 52 rock crawlers from 4wheelparts. 15x8 with 3.5" backspace. Did lots of research before I bought these because I didn't want to run spacers. They took a few weeks (like 4 i think) but They clear perfectly, I think you could slide a piece of paper in there between the wheel and caliper. Im running 33x12.50 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

Know that I have seen a lot of guys that like the FJ Steelies but normally you cant find them for to cheap (usually run around $130ish).
However I just found this while doing some searching (very slow day at work).
TOYOTA OEM RIMS TOYOTA FACTORY WHEELS STOCK RIM CHROME REPLICA WHEEL USED RIMS TOYOTA Wheels TOYOTA OEM RIMS TOYOTA FACTORY WHEELS STOCK RIM CHROME REPLICA WHEEL USED RIMS TOYOTA Rims
FJ Steelies for $92.99 each, dropped 5 in the cart and they charged $90 for shipping.. Have fun boys!

Do 17 inch FJ steelies need spacers to run on a FJ60?

From what I've read, yes.
Same here... believe that size is dependent on tires used but normally either 3/4" or 1" is required. Look back through the thread and there are a couple that state what spacers they used.

I have a set of 4 aluminum wheels 15 x 8.5 that came with an old Toyota pickup that I parted out that fit perfectly on my FJ62 but I have no idea who made them. The only markings are cast into the aluminum on the back side of the wheel, I will post pics, maybe somebody can tell me what the markings mean. They are also marked as having a 1900 LB load rating. Not sure if this is good enough for an FJ62 battle cruiser?

this is what the wheels look like, I can't get the other pics to upload here, but the only bit of info cast into the wheel onthe back side other than size and DOT are M.I.T. M162.
DSC01972.JPG

I just put 15X8 6-5.5in 3.5in Back Space (Part # PCW52-5883S3.5) on my 89 FJ62. The company 4wheelparts.com took about 4 weeks to ship them and swore the rim with was custom made specifically for the truck. Got the wheels, but the spacing didn't work. They fixed the problem by sending me a free set of .25" spacers, but the whole point was that I didn't want spacers. Most rims wont fit and it looked so good I just went with it, but if you're putting aftermarket wheels on these cruisers get ready for a tough time.

Again, I did my research, mostly here on Mud and in this thread. Took numbers and went shopping. Found wheel I really like and bought it.

Not a single problem, fit perfect and looked great.

Cheers

And a year later for anybody reading... several people on this thread mentioned a good fit from the Mickey Thompson Classic II in a 16x8 with 3-5/8" backspace (-22 offset). Apparently the Classic II has been discontinued and replaced by the.. you guess it... the Classic III. They look the same to me.

But, the Classic III isn't available in the 3-5/8" backspace, only a 4" and 4.5" backspace in the 16x8.

I went shopping for the wheels but nobody has them, and nobody can get them. EXCEPT for First Choice Tire and Wheel who had over 100 of them. Black only, polished is sold out.
http://firstchoicewheelsandtires.com/

Just sharing in case anyone else is looking.

Yeah I noticed that.. you could always do a knock-off of the MT Classic and go with the Eagle Alloy 058s but again I think they only come in 4" backspacing.

Great thread. Good info. I'm looking for a set of 17" alloy wheels for my FJ60. I'm upgrading the brakes with the 4Runner calipers so I'm trying to avoid any grinding. I've been searching the internet and found the Pro Comp 7069 but it has a 4.75" back spacing. Aside from the MT II Classics (discontinued), are there any other 17" alloy wheels with back spacing less than 4". I prefer not to run spacers. Thanks.

klinetime574: thanks for the response. Those are really good looking wheels. "Cruiserpilot" put up a really nice pic of those wheels on page 4 of this thread. I'd prefer to save some weight by going with an alloy wheel, but if I decide to go with a steel wheel, I'll probably end up with those Pro Comp 98s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom