Wheels that work, part numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old School Steelies

Toyota Part numbers are for a 1980 FJ40

Wheel-42601-60072
Front hub cap-42621-60010
Rear hub cap-42621-60020
Standard Toyota lug nuts
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 002.jpg

I'm looking for some new wheels since my current steelie wheel weights are rubbing the tie rod ends. What's the consensus on backspacing for 15x8 rims?
*Edit* Looks like I have 4" backspacing and probably need 3.5" since I've got a 1/4" spacer on there now and there rubbing.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the new Toyota rock crawler steel 17x7 6 lug rims that come on the new FJ's will fit on a 85' FJ60? I have found a set of five for 100$ and would like to get them if possible. I plan on painting my stock rims black anyway and I think for 100$ it would be cheaper to just buy these.

Mickey Thompson Sidebiter

Mikey Thompson sidebiter P/N#158411 3-5/16" backspace 15 x 8" With BFG 33 x 10.5 They fit perfect.
100_0543.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the new Toyota rock crawler steel 17x7 6 lug rims that come on the new FJ's will fit on a 85' FJ60? I have found a set of five for 100$ and would like to get them if possible. I plan on painting my stock rims black anyway and I think for 100$ it would be cheaper to just buy these.

need at least 1.25 spacer

its basically the distance of the wheel offset to the back of the rim or the distance from the back of the rim to the mounting pad. (same thing in different terms)

ok, then

smaller than normal is better to provide the clearance to the caliper and TREs. Thanks for the proper context. I first thought it indicated how far away the rim was. Just reversed my mental image.

doug t

Mikey Thompson sidebiter P/N#158411 3-5/16" backspace 15 x 8" With BFG 33 x 10.5 They fit perfect.

nice rims studly... quick question, w/ the 3-5/16" bs all the way around, any spacers in the front or rear?
did you purchase locally or thru one of the vendors?

thx
-jon

Just put American Eagles, Series 100--black. They make them in 15x8s, but I opted for 16x8s with 3.625 backspacing. They work great with 285/75R16s--no rubbing anywhere.

Really like the look of this setup

Just wanted to post these up since I see alot of people with this style steel wheel and wanted to save someone some of the frustration i've been going through trying to find a black steel wheel with the correct BS and no wheel spacers. These are 15x8 Pro Comp 98's in a 3.5 inch BS that I had to wait about 3 months to get. Got em off 4wheelparts at a pretty good price. I shopped alot including summit, and Discounts Cragar/ Unique wheels. BTW which I believe all use the same factory. According to 4wheelparts this is a custom BS wheel but they did not charge me any extra for it just had to wait. This BS BARELY clears the calipers on my rig. No grinding.
100_0395.jpg

Just went through the process of shopping for wheels for a FJ62. Got mine from TireMax after Discount Tire and another place here just finally gave up on finding anything. But here's what you have to have, if you go with a 15 or 16-inch rim. Wheel people don't use the term "back space" anymore. They call it "offset" and you have to have at least -8 or -10 offset if you can find it. You might be able to use 0 offset, depending on the wheel you select, which is about 4 inches of backspace on a 8-inch wheel. The wheels I selected rubbed just slightly but with a little grinding on the tie rod they are fine now. Most of the time the center bore is going to be the problem. You have to have 106.25 on the centerbore.

So the wheel I selected was HELO 842 16x8 0 offset 106.25 center bore

So I'm having a real tough time deciding on new rims. I want to move to 16s, but I don't want the Pro Comp explorer look.

I was really considering the non-USA 16" 70 series (I think) rims that come in a silver color and look just like the stock 60 series rims. Unfortunately, they are pretty narrow. I was going to pair them with Toyo M-55 in 235/85, but for five rims/tires mounted and balanced the price was about $2400.

Anyway, I was considering the ATX Mojave in black teflon, but I was wondering if there is any way to get them with 3.75" backspacing. I do not want to use spacers. Anybody see/hear of such a thing?

I have to take the winter studs off in a few more months and have had no luck deciding on a summer rim/tire combo. At least, not one that costs as much as the damn cruiser did.

nice rims studly... quick question, w/ the 3-5/16" bs all the way around, any spacers in the front or rear?
did you purchase locally or thru one of the vendors?

thx
-jon
Sorry about the extremly delayed response, forgot about this thread. No spacers are needed at all. still running the 33x10.5 hope this helps someone

Wanted to add to the info pool.

I just purchased a set of Pro Comp 52's p# PCW52-5183
in 15x10" 3.75" backspace

side.jpg

wanted to mention what had been echoed in another thread: I'm not sure that backspacing is the issue with some of these wheels rubbing the caliper. what I noticed on my new set was a weld bead where the the mount center contacted the "spokes", that portion was what hit the caliper, had the wheel had a different design it should have cleared just fine. my fix was a 1/4" spacer which gave me plenty of room and left plenty of lug thread.

Okay, Im looking at picking up a set of 16x8 wheels locally. They are the right pattern but the backspacing is 4.75." I have 1 inch spacers and so not want to go any wider. I also have my 60 lift 4" with the shackle reversal SUA lift. Can I run these (looking at running 33x10.50s) or will I run into issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom