What the hell is goin on in Jimmy's Barn (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another fun 5-speed conversion on a friends @LETSROLLEM 60. He’s working on a new water pump/hoses etc. Daniel had a key finding as to why his heat was not working. PO installed the thermostat upside down. I’ve heard of this happening but witnessed it for the first x today. On the conversion, yesterday was demo day, today was cleaning. Tomorrow is assembly/install.

1A625598-87CF-4A4A-B376-82BB88F1896A.jpeg

4A59A69F-D9B2-4E4C-823E-F587FB1FE8ED.jpeg

Got some 4 degree wedges added to Daniel’s OME lift. Waiting on some parts before I can put the T-case back together. Buttoned up the oil pan and RMS. Ran into a problem pulling the bearing from the tip of the output shaft. This puller has worked flawlessly for many cases but this one is proving a bit stubborn. Filled it with Kroil and letting it sit overnight. The cage exploded and all the needle bearings are out. Will see if I have any luck in the AM.

9E50AEC2-ECBB-4EEB-BAE3-636B61ACC13E.jpeg

Got some 4 degree wedges added to Daniel’s OME lift. Waiting on some parts before I can put the T-case back together. Buttoned up the oil pan and RMS. Ran into a problem pulling the bearing from the tip of the output shaft. This puller has worked flawlessly for many cases but this one is proving a bit stubborn. Filled it with Kroil and letting it sit overnight. The cage exploded and all the needle bearings are out. Will see if I have any luck in the AM.

View attachment 3258439
Shoot. Still having issues uploading pics.

982E422B-67BA-49CD-A5C6-88C3784DCCBF.jpeg

Last edited:
KROIL EVERYTHING.

When you know, you know.

35EF8DAD-A43D-44C4-8DFC-F673DA4BAB48.jpeg

KROIL EVERYTHING.

When you know, you know.

View attachment 3258976
It’s pricy for good reason. I like WD40 for a lot of things and it is very versatile, but Kroil does the job of unsticking stuck stuff better than anything I’ve tried. They sell a bunch of different products for different applications too.

So true on the Kroil. It’s pricey. Not everyone has access to it when they enter the shop. And good call @roma042987 on the race. Very similar to what I did on my first t-case prior to getting that puller. Was able to thin the wall with a Dremel and now the new bearing is in. Clutch/starter etc all done. Hope to have a few parts for the t-case rebuild Tuesday or Wednesday. Daniel’s truck needs the front wheel bearings tightened. May tackle that manana. Then back to tree/yard cleanup (from the ice storm) until I get the case parts.

7457721E-65E7-4C48-8A7C-5FA6764E7643.jpeg

68D72BB2-208F-4A59-A798-E9FB5D968629.jpeg

D6AF670D-6D13-4540-9BF1-E7F2717D8055.jpeg

C781C1DE-4160-4647-8FB4-4C0FE244DBDB.jpeg

One of these days I’m gonna order some of that damn coffee… maybe tonight. I’m gonna run out of Turkish coffee this week.

Kroil is magic, but a good substitute is a 50/50 mix of kero and atf. Damn near as good, and cheap.

Pair that mixture with a sure shot bottle and you're in business. No propellants either, better for the environment :p

One of these days I’m gonna order some of that damn coffee… maybe tonight. I’m gonna run out of Turkish coffee this week.
It hits the spot ma man. May have mentioned it earlier but my local store ran out in Nov/dec so I ordered a 6-pack off the internet. I believe it was around $6-7 per can

Kroil is magic, but a good substitute is a 50/50 mix of kero and atf. Damn near as good, and cheap.

Pair that mixture with a sure shot bottle and you're in business.
I like Cheap Johnny. Thanks for the tip.

I like Cheap Johnny. Thanks for the tip.

If you haven't picked up on sure shot bottles yet, you need to do it. I get them from McMaster. I use one with acetone as a substitute for brake cleaner in almost every situation. Way, way cheaper than buying brake cleaner.

For penetrants like kero/atf, you can just use a reg spray bottle, but a sure shot is pimp. Same thing, buy chem resistant regular spray bottles from McMaster.

Pair that mixture with a sure shot bottle and you're in business. No propellants either, better for the environment :p
I tried acetone and atf on advice a while back but couldn’t get it to mix. Kerosene would probably be a better solvent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom