What is the largest tire I can fit with no lift? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone ran 295 75 16 on their stock 16 inch wheels?

I had LT KO2 in this size and liked them (but not so much in the snow once they began to wear).

275/70R18 KO2 fits in my spare location nice & snug.
Looking at this size for my ride. Do you have a hitch installed (stock or otherwise)?

Looking at this size for my ride. Do you have a hitch installed (stock or otherwise)?

Yes. I’m not sure, might be a Toyota one? It was on the truck when I bought it. 275/70R18 KO2:

3773E0B1-B1A5-427F-B098-D7A272AD3B29.jpeg

Putting LT 265/75-16 on mine next week. Easy fit and allows room for chains on all four when needed. Tires are good until there not, then it is chains, shovels and winches.

285/75/16

285/65/18
Great info and very helpful for this noob. Quick question:

16" vs 18", I personally like the look of the 16" with big tires better and the tires seem to be more reasonably priced. Any disadvantage, other than it is hard to find 16" Tundra wheels.

Next question:

steel or Alloy? Again I like the rugged look of rustic steel wheels over the Alloy look. Any disadvantage to that?

Lastly, what size wheel is used for the 285s in either size? Is a 8" wheel sufficient?

Great info and very helpful for this noob. Quick question:

16" vs 18", I personally like the look of the 16" with big tires better and the tires seem to be more reasonably priced. Any disadvantage, other than it is hard to find 16" Tundra wheels.

Next question:

steel or Alloy? Again I like the rugged look of rustic steel wheels over the Alloy look. Any disadvantage to that?

Lastly, what size wheel is used for the 285s in either size? Is a 8" wheel sufficient?

You may have had a hard time finding 5x150 Tundra 16" wheels because they don't exist. Most common is 18". They're a great option if you want to stick with the factory Tundra 275/65 (32") tire but beyond that tires for 18's are generally more expensive than tires for 16's. Most Tundra wheels will require you to get creative if you want to fit the center cap on a 100. The bigger the wheel, the heavier the wheel/tire combo will be even if the overall height of the tires are the same.

Steel vs alloy. Alloy is much lighter. The factory 100 wheels are forged and are actually very light for what they are. Steel can be repaired out in the field with a hammer, alloy not so much.

8" wide is totally fine.

I'd be patient and keep your eyes out for a set of 16" 100 series wheels. They are the best overall option. Search the classifieds here and join up on the Land Cruiser/LX470 USA Facebook page. They can be had fairly inexpensively.

You may have had a hard time finding 5x150 Tundra 16" wheels because they don't exist. Most common is 18". They're a great option if you want to stick with the factory Tundra 275/65 (32") tire but beyond that tires for 18's are generally more expensive than tires for 16's. Most Tundra wheels will require you to get creative if you want to fit the center cap on a 100. The bigger the wheel, the heavier the wheel/tire combo will be even if the overall height of the tires are the same.

Steel vs alloy. Alloy is much lighter. The factory 100 wheels are forged and are actually very light for what they are. Steel can be repaired out in the field with a hammer, alloy not so much.

8" wide is totally fine.

I'd be patient and keep your eyes out for a set of 16" 100 series wheels. They are the best overall option. Search the classifieds here and join up on the Land Cruiser/LX470 USA Facebook page. They can be had fairly inexpensively.

Thank you GTV! I prefer to get 16" for the LC. I bought is with some hideous 17" wheels which are embarrassing to look at or be seen with. 18" inchers are available in abundance from Tundras, but tires cost $300 and up a corner.....

I am not too concerned with the center piece, as this is not a show car or boulevard cruiser. Most likely I leave them off anyways as the rims will be sprayed black.

I will keep searching for the elusive 16" wheels.... Thanks for the pointers.

I’m surprised that I don’t see more 295/70/17’s on here, or 17’s, period. I get why 16’s and 18’s are more common on 100’s but to me there seems to be just so many more tire options in 17”. It’s hard to ignore.

IIRC 17s from the factory was very rare on US 100/LX470 vehicles. I know when you search parts catalogs there are 17” wheels that look like the 18” later gen 100 series wheels. I think too dealers usually took every chance to “option out” thier Land Cruisers when they arrived.

Now there is a nice looking factory 17” aluminum wheel but I haven’t dug into a part number as my funds don’t allow that!

Hahaha

46C9C499-E9E3-4BE5-AC5D-271000D7746C.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC 17s from the factory was very rare on US 100/LX470 vehicles. I know when you search parts catalogs there are 17” wheels that look like the 18” later gen 100 series wheels. I think to dealers usually took every chance to “option out” thier Land Cruisers when they arrived.

Now there is a nice looking factory 17” aluminum wheel but I haven’t dug into a part number as my funds don’t allow that!

Hahaha

View attachment 2492158

I ended up going with 17” Tundra Rock Warriors and having the bling rings deleted. 285/70’s suit my needs for now but I may go to 295’s in the future.
171D9E78-C11E-433D-B540-FFEF8F7AA961.jpeg

I ended up going with 17” Tundra Rock Warriors and having the bling rings deleted. 285/70’s suit my needs for now but I may go to 295’s in the future.
View attachment 2492285

Dude those look so freaking good!

Wheel spacers?

I was so dead set on 285s that I even have a 285 spare already under my truck (with the carrier mod) and then the wife and I go to Ocracoke a couple weeks ago and there was a guy with 295s and it just looked so nice, a little bit of a ballooning like a nice fat tire he said that was on the second set. He told me just get 865 OME springs, adjust your TBs and drive it!

Looks great. Any issue fitting a 285/70 spare in the factory location? Which 10 mm spacers did you use?

Spare is very close to the panhard rod but it fits. I have an aftermarket Draw Tite hitch, I’ve got a hunch that a factory hitch offers more clearance. Bora spacers.

I got 285/75/16s, Falken Wildpeak. Just did a 3200 miles road trip and tires were fabulous
Screenshot_20201201-145248_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: CPC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom