What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cost of the tow? Are you kidding? Lucky dog.
This little gem found its way into the house already.....

B6F6453E-53D6-4D9D-A131-533C2165ADD4.jpeg

hOOter

I've been chasing some super annoying thudding and banging on my rig that was driving me insane to try and pinpoint over the past few months. Basically I was about to start dropping and checking engine mounts, etc because it honestly sounded and felt like it was coming from under my rig. Anyway, about couple of weeks ago I came across a thread where a few folks mentioned having similar issues that were remedied by replacing their worn/nonexistent hood hinge bushings. I was skeptical that this was actually the root of the problem, but decided to at least weed it out as the culprit. Got some bushings for the front doors and hood hinges from @SouthBostonFJ40 and went to work. You can see the result in the pics below...Oh and the noise that I was hearing is COMPLETELY gone!!!! Couldn't be happier about this!!!

IMG_9924.jpeg

IMG_9927.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been chasing some super annoying thudding and banging on my rig that was driving me insane to try and pinpoint over the past few months. Basically I was about to start dropping and checking engine mounts, etc because it honestly sounded and felt like it was coming from under my rig. Anyway, about couple of weeks ago I came across a thread where a few folks mentioned having similar issues that were remedied by replacing their worn/nonexistent hood hinge bushings. I was skeptical that this was actually the root of the problem, but decided to at least weed it out as the culprit. Got some bushings for the front doors and hood hinges from @SouthBostonFJ40 and went to work. You can see the result in the pics below...Oh and the noise that I was hearing is COMPLETELY gone!!!! Couldn't be happier about this!!!

View attachment 1835940

View attachment 1835941
Wow thanks for sharing. Crossing fingers this resolves a similar issue for me.

View attachment 1835940

View attachment 1835941

There are bushings ;) who knew :D

The weatherstripping where the hood meets the cowl by the hinges stops rattle on mine... anyone else have this?
IMG_6974.JPG

IMG_6972.JPG

Last edited:
I’ve been busy, both trying to get the 2F to run better at the same time getting the Forty ready for the cold, wet winter that is coming. So, I tackled a couple vacuum leaks at the carburetor and when I got frustrated with the carb I installed the hard top, doors and replaced all the wether stripping. Only weather stripping left is for the rain gutter, but that’s going to wait until I’m ready to break/strip a few bolts. For now, I’m back on the road.

EABD6C78-77D3-4C58-904F-D99A4B596787.jpeg

Restored a Green dash indicator Light , Updated to 20 LUMEN short profile Green LED Bulb

This Bulb is INSANELY bright :idea:

replaced the Bullets w/ New YAZAKI brand solid brass Terminals & OEM-Type aquamarine Green weatherproof sleeves

DSCN8402.JPG
DSCN8410.JPG

DSCN8417.JPG

DSCN8405.JPG

DSCN8411.JPG

Last edited:
Deciding witch Illuminated back lit Knob Headlight Switch to Restore became a Distraction..............:confused:

i opted for a 2nd Generation Hazard Switch instead :)

DSCN8241.JPG
DSCN8258.JPG

DSCN8319.JPG
DSCN8347.JPG

I Media Blasted the Metal case & Silver Zinc Electroplated it

polishing the inside GUTS too

I replaced the old Yellow Connector plug housing w/ New Summinoto OEM

i applied OEM-type Clear switch wrap as a final touch Detail ..........

I installed a New OEM Pin Wrench Bolt tom show care

DSCN8349.JPG
DSCN8351.JPG
DSCN8354.JPG
DSCN8356.JPG

Installed rebuilt calipers with new pads. One more step toward finishing the front end.

IMG_1248.JPG

Snapped the breather on the axle sometime in the past. Pulled what was left and plugged in a replacement from a FJ62.

IMG_1247.JPG
IMG_1251.JPG

Installed rebuilt calipers with new pads. One more step toward finishing the front end.

View attachment 1837928

Snapped the breather on the axle sometime in the past. Pulled what was left and plugged in a replacement from a FJ62.

View attachment 1837929 View attachment 1837930

hey Jim ,

Nice Job on the Front Brakes " TOTAL-JOB " , New dowel pins , Fit Kit retainer clip , Shims kit & u lubed the pin as well for easy pad sliding as wear over time / use :popcorn:

sharp backing plates too .........

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom