What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (54 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As part of the front end/back end rebuild the driveshafts are getting the full treatment. Somewhere along the line a grease nipple was removed allowing one of the universals to fully lock up. They are no fun to remove anyway but rusted on and having a yoke burred over from aggressive hammer action is no joke.
I’ve also ground off most of the casting abnormalities so that there are no bits where paint can’t get into.
A75BC3B0-0190-428A-96F9-9E30EB59520E.jpeg

Bent my shifter so its not all into my leg when shifting and put 79fj40 bucketseat in so Im more comfy.Get my lights working and I'll be good to go. I've been in cruiser mode lately and ready to go camping. Maybe next year Ill work on the top and doors.
IMG_4150.JPG

Yuge enhancement this week!!

I don't pay nearly enough attention to my oil pressure gauge and have been jonesing for an oil pressure idiot light.

So, I installed this little red beauty, in an existant hole, using a 5 terminal relay... my fuel tank switch (and associated fuel pumps) is only powered when my oil pressure safety switch finds >2psi oil pressure.

I triggered the relay, using 87a, to recognize when the ignition is on and there is no power to the fuel tank switch and, therefore, no oil pressure.

So, this little darling glows bright red, when the ignition is on and there is no oil pressure

image.jpeg

If you look semi-closely, you can see proof of the dusty conditions Chester and I frequent.

How about an old welder?

Are you volunteering? ;)

In all seriousness I’m helping sell this for my inlaws estate. Have some homework to do. Old Millermatic 35 and 200. My wife’s family did rod iron work and spiral staircases.

Used it to creatively get some old welders out of my truck solo.

Now to find someone who knows something about old welders.
View attachment 1577811

I would be interested in that Miller 200. Great welder!

Also, @fjgoober can you share some details on your 80 series front axle install under your 40?

Traded the sick SBC with a spun rod bearing (and crank that was chewed). For a two stage industrial compressor with a 80 gal tank. I'll need to source a single phase motor... but it'll be much better than the 4 gal babies I've been using.

IMG_6778.JPG
IMG_6780.JPG

Last edited:
For electric motors try Grainger's. My last motor came from them, good quality but a little pricey. Good Luck!

View attachment 1578883

Traded the sick SBC with a spun rod bearing (and crank that was chewed). For a two stage industrial compressor with a 60+ gal tank. I'll need to source a single phase motor... but it'll be much better than the 4 gal babies I've been using.

Hope you gave him a kiss! @bikersmurf

Last edited:
Got a few things done, yea I know the steering wheel.
IMG_20171120_223321909[11588].jpg

That stainless line from the booster to the rear brakes was a PITA.
IMG_20171121_220650748_HDR[11587].jpg
Got a lot to do yet, but its getting there.
IMG_20171121_220704479[11586].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom