What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey, what head rests are those ? I have been looking all over . . . :bounce:

hey, what head rests are those ? I have been looking all over . . . :bounce:
They are original to the cruiser as far as I know.

charged the battery, new pos battery cable, cleaned the fuse block, a little sandpaper on the fuse block contacts and ground~~~ all lights and gauges working~~~back on the road after sitting in garage for the winter...

I would bet that those Heep grills are trophies.

Like marking your aircraft for victory in combat. Little Jeep grill stickers on the B pillar.

we dropped the windshield and joined in the denver st patty's day parade.

Lovely day out! But I must correct you on the "patty's day" remark.
I presume you know it's correctly called St. Patrick's Day?

The day celebrates the patron saint of Ireland, St Patrick. If you don't want to call it Paddy's day in case it causes offence (i know some folks in the US think this) then just call it St. Patricks day, but not Pattys day. Please. Ever.

(p.s. I'm Irish and just wanted to spread the word, no offence intended.)

http://paddynotpatty.com/

Spent the week returning the bumper to its original pewter color.
DSC07778s.jpg
Bumper Restore.jpg
DSC05767s.jpg

Spent the week returning the bumper to its original pewter color.

Looks good. :) Are you going to do the same to the push bar as well? I think it would look better all being the same color IMHO.

-Daniel Kent

Looks good. :) Are you going to do the same to the push bar as well? I think it would look better all being the same color IMHO.

-Daniel Kent

I considered it (I even went into Paintshop with the above photo and changed the color to see how it would look) but my goal was to return the Cruiser to the original color scheme and since the bar is an add on, and matches the roof rack I figured I leave them black for now. Maybe I should run a poll.....

I sourced the paint from CCOT, their 3 part, half gallon pewter paint kit, so I've got more than enough to do the bar should I decide to go that route. I'm really pleased with the paint (application and finish) and am curious to see how durable it is. I tried the spray can (JTO) and thought it was ok, but have not been impressed with the durability; it's prone to scratching pretty easily. I expect this hardened paint will be much better. It definitely gives a much deeper shine and it has more of the bronze tone of the original color than the spray cans I used on the bumperettes and interior.

I considered it (I even went into Paintshop with the above photo and changed the color to see how it would look) but my goal was to return the Cruiser to the original color scheme and since the bar is an add on, and matches the roof rack I figured I leave them black for now.

When you put it like that, your way makes a lot sense. It looks good regardless! :D

-Daniel Kent

Let me first start by saying its been a very busy week
1st fixed axle
New axle shaft
Bearing
Seal
New gear oil.

2nd painted bumper
Sanded primed
Painted

3rd painted roll bar
Sanded primed
Painted.

Used a black sand able primer and black bed liner spray.

As to durability not sure yet ill keep u posted.
image-1483026299.jpg
image-4027021164.jpg
image-374862628.jpg
image-3118074924.jpg
image-1915297764.jpg

I had some old doors in rough shape kicking around so I made some quick n' dirty half doors. I prefer the slanted profile over the flat with a steep slope up to the hinge. Still need to cap the tops. I just stuffed pipe insulation in the top so we could take a family ride today. As a side note, I have the upper pieces and windows availible if anyone is inteested, send me a PM.
IMG_5548.jpg
IMG_5551.jpg

This has been over the last month since I got back from Afghanistan:

1) bought and rebuilt a '94 GM NV4500 tranny
1a) got AA GM NV4500 bellhousing, clutch slave bracket, etc
2) new shifter stub, collar, and handle
3) bought a MB OM 617 with 174k on the clock for a swap
4) new HFS 4" lift springs
5) Man-A-Fre U-bolt flip kit

Waiting to instal the HFS kit to measure for Bilsteins. Need to pull the tranny off the OM617, clean it up, and run it on a test stand.

Whew that money just flies right out of your hands...you only live once.

I put together my new HF blasting cabinet and got to work cleaning motor mounts and a 4 spd bell housing. Finally...some progress.
image-965070480.jpg
image-3514332960.jpg

bought a winch and a new bumper for it

I put together my new HF blasting cabinet and got to work cleaning motor mounts and a 4 spd bell housing. Finally...some progress.

Hey Hog
if I may make some suggestions..I bought the same cabinet and found some adjustments made it work a lot better, lose the filter and buy a 10 gal shop vac,clamp the intake hose to the saide of cabinet,dont cover the filter hole,but put enough hose over the hole to get suction into the cabinet. The filter clogs fast,then media starts coming out around the lid seams and it gets so bad you cant see into cabinet.Also I found that glass bead 20/40 works best.turn on shop vac before shooting,you will go thru media faster but be able to see what your doing..other than that they cut down my cleaning big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom