What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (130 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of the rear lift hatch latches wasn't catching very well and was causing some rattling. Our son 3d printed a small spacer which tightened things up nicely.

05.26.2023.3d printed Latch Spacer.1.jpg

05.26.2023.3d printed Latch Spacer.2.jpg

05.26.2023.3d printed Latch Spacer.4.jpg

You bring up a 49 year old memory… I gotta go with the white …..here’s why
Jackman 8 spoke wheels and Armstrong Tru-Trac Tires
IMG_3967.jpeg

frankly they both look good!!

Last edited:
Finally was able to paint match my new spare wheel to the gray wheels on my truck. I went to one of those auto paint shops and found that Valspar S4736 gray was very close to what was on my other wheels. Had them mix it in a spray can to shoot the spare and it turned out great. Took advantage of the long holiday weekend and went for a cruise afterwards and took a few photos.

555.jpg

444.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

111.jpg

What year is that? I have a '79 that I am trying to determine if the washer goes in the hood that was from a different year, or the top of the windshield frame which I think that frame is from '79 and also has a nozzle hole at the top.
My 5/79 is at the top of the windshield. The one in my hood is a blank “dummy”, original hood. The tubing in the windshield frame has a habit of clogging, I ran a new hose all the way to the nozzle. You have the option of running to the hood if you decide you like that location better.

What year is that? I have a '79 that I am trying to determine if the washer goes in the hood that was from a different year, or the top of the windshield frame which I think that frame is from '79 and also has a nozzle hole at the top.

My old 1/79 had the washer at the top of the windshield. It also had the "dummy" blank in the hood.

If I were ever to choose to comment on another man’s tailpipe…….I would certainly compliment yours. But there is something about doing so that just feels wrong!

If I were ever to choose to comment on another man’s tailpipe…….I would certainly compliment yours. But there is something about doing so that just feels wrong!
Compliments are fine, almost welcomed...touching however would be considered a party foul.

Adjusted valves - they were good.

Started the shakedown drive phase of the project.

Brakes need looking at again (leaky, boiling over, intermittent working)

Sniper throttle gets stuck open randomly (4k rpm sounds good with the big exhaust). Turns out the carb gasket was thick and catching the butterflies. Trimmed that and it seemed fine.

Moved to an electric fan setup (that was a debacle)

Can't figure out a wierd rubbing noise and there's an odd knocking that happens when warm. It sounds like light rod knock (same frequency) but when I ear scoped it it wasn't coming from pan/block/or head. Hmmm.

Still leaks in places. It's loud AF cruising (gotta get smaller pipes or better muffler). It doesn't stop occasionally, but it steers like a tractor, turns like a tractor and cruises alright.

It feels good to be in the shakedown phase after almost a year.

Finally finished my center arm rebuild. I used the rebuild kit from cruiser corps. Not happy with it. I had to file the spline to get it to seat but it only went on ⅓ of the way. Put in the original spline…. Fit like a glove! I used the rest of the new kit though

Adjusted valves - they were good.

Started the shakedown drive phase of the project.

Brakes need looking at again (leaky, boiling over, intermittent working)

Sniper throttle gets stuck open randomly (4k rpm sounds good with the big exhaust). Turns out the carb gasket was thick and catching the butterflies. Trimmed that and it seemed fine.

Moved to an electric fan setup (that was a debacle)

Can't figure out a wierd rubbing noise and there's an odd knocking that happens when warm. It sounds like light rod knock (same frequency) but when I ear scoped it it wasn't coming from pan/block/or head. Hmmm.

Still leaks in places. It's loud AF cruising (gotta get smaller pipes or better muffler). It doesn't stop occasionally, but it steers like a tractor, turns like a tractor and cruises alright.

It feels good to be in the shakedown phase after almost a year.
I had the exact same sticking issue when I installed my sniper…. And solved the same way (just a small sliver of gasket was protruding abut 1/16” into one of the ports)…. Was an easy fix once I figured out the issue, but that diagnosis took awhile…

been working on a little reassembly this week. I've owned this one for 20 years and it's always had a bit of a swiss cheese floor. Looking forward to driving it without water or mud splashing up the back of my seat.

IMG-2677.jpg
IMG-2767 (1).jpg

I'd like to finish installing everything but all the parts look great in my office (painting parts in my office basement).
IMG-2764.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom