What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It does have the 40 series top. I purchased the H55F a couple years ago. I can't remember the gentleman's name. Somewhere out west...Oklahoma maybe. The assembly came out of a BJ40 from Norway or Denmark I don't remember exactly. I purchase the correct input shaft and bearings for a 2F. OTRAMM was recommended as the shop that could handle the rebuild.

Good choice. Ryan has a really good rep.

Took one of my daughters fly fishing in the Short Bus. It was her first time. If you’ll indulge me a few extra words, there are some significance to the second pic.

The rod she is using was hand made by my grandfather. It was a gift to my dad in 1980. My dad had a flood in his basement a year back and I found it in his basement. The hand tied tapered tippet still had knots that they tied. I had taken it out a few times, but never landed a fish. So what you see there is the first fish that rod has landed in decades and it was done in the hands of the great grand daughter of its maker on her first day fly fishing. All in all, a pretty cool day!

View attachment 2250037

View attachment 2250038

This is one of the warmest, happiest, meaningful things I've read on the internet lately. Good stuff.

Headlight upgrade! Thanks @cruiserjunktion
FC52FACE-1C5D-45FA-8454-D81B114A2C64.jpeg

Took the 40 to the hardware store for some nuts and bolts to reinstall the secondary fuel tank I refurbished (wire wheeled the rust, painted with rust preventer) and smelt a bit more coolant at 55mph then normal. Came home to coolant everywhere 🤦🏻‍♂️😢

370E569B-B1CD-485D-B1A1-A0EF50004EAF.jpeg

As at some places it has to be cut I layed the old floor mat next to new floor mat, because im going to put in the new one tomorrow morning

Floor mats old and new.jpg

Thanks again @Racer65 for developing this beautiful product !

Last edited:
5118A822-C3BB-4B61-A7AB-C535D66D6F0A.jpeg

Almost done with my OME lift. Medium springs in the rear and BEEF in the front to accommodate my M8274 winch. Thanks again Georg @orangefj45 for all the pointers!

Aaaannnddd I just realized the front springs are backwards. 🤬

Last edited:
Got the ole 40 out to help me take down this tree. It was growing opposite direction I wanted it to fall and I wasn't sure I could keep it off the block wall. Pictures kind of show the lean and video shows the rest. I did a notch cut, a bit of tension and back cut the hinge then let the 8274 do the work.

20200328_110802.jpg
20200328_110816.jpg

As at some places it has to be cut I layed the old floor mat next to new floor mat, because im going to put in the new one tomorrow morning

View attachment 2252233

Thanks again @Racer65 for developing this beautiful product !
Thanks. Please refer to the installation guide on my site.

Took the 40 to the hardware store for some nuts and bolts to reinstall the secondary fuel tank I refurbished (wire wheeled the rust, painted with rust preventer) and smelt a bit more coolant at 55mph then normal. Came home to coolant everywhere 🤦🏻‍♂️😢

View attachment 2252105
Had the rad in the 45 go in pretty much the same areas. Had it out 4 times and 2 different shops before it was finally fixed at the cost of a new OEM rad!:bang:. It was recored the first time but the first shop didn't tin the inside of the tanks when they had it apart so then the upper tank cracked and they had to patch it in the outside at the second shop so it looks like hell but at least it's finally sealed. If I was in your shoes I would just buy a new rad!

Gassed it up.

IMG_4219.JPG

Since it lacks good lights, registration, insurance, and is driven only on the farm I added a reflective triangle. It's now an ag vehicle :lol:

IMG_4218.JPG

Filling up right along with another tractor.

IMG_4220.JPG

Had the rad in the 45 go in pretty much the same areas. Had it out 4 times and 2 different shops before it was finally fixed at the cost of a new OEM rad!:bang:. It was recored the first time but the first shop didn't tin the inside of the tanks when they had it apart so then the upper tank cracked and they had to patch it in the outside at the second shop so it looks like hell but at least it's finally sealed. If I was in your shoes I would just buy a new rad!

oh geeze! Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom