What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got the wiring all done for the oe fog lights... thanks to @Coolerman for the wire harness and tips on install!

9EC9D048-A207-4327-8149-BD504D57BE90.jpeg

I recently got an aftermarket scrap yard CD player ($10). It came out of a Ford Ranger, which was about as old CDs themselves. I took a nylock nut and modified it for a missing volume knob. The white font on black buttons goes decent with the original dash knobs and switches. My first 40 had a CD player that was all lit up with modern (20 years-ago) colors and lights, and it looked like a dance club.

Today, I built a couple of enclosures for a pair of 5-1/4" speakers using scrap plywood. Unfortunately, the original 40s passenger lower passenger dash pad won't work with it, however, a PO already cut the stereo hole a bit bigger, so I'll just take advantage of the existing carnage. I'll put the speakers behind the driver and passenger seat. I still have to make brackets, and route the wiring. It is always a good day when you can employ a jig saw and/or C-clamps.

GEDC1895.JPG

In addition to My Tall early Temperature Sender Sensor Union i have recently

Reproduced ,

I have added 2 unique , and Period Correct Cylinder Head Coolant Heater Hose Bib Joints to my already Diverse Line up

i had The 24v and Diesel Folks In Mind as well at the same time on these 2

New ones , they are Heavy duty Zinc Plated Steel , i and Very Corrosion Resistant

View attachment 2239575View attachment 2239576View attachment 2239577

View attachment 2239578

View attachment 2239579

I looked everywhere for this this weekend, I'll be ordering some asap.

I looked everywhere for this this weekend, I'll be ordering some asap.

Matt, looked at your site and didnt see one of the items posted. I need the black set on the right of your photos. Do you have those available
In addition to My Tall early Temperature Sender Sensor Union i have recently

Reproduced ,

I have added 2 unique , and Period Correct Cylinder Head Coolant Heater Hose Bib Joints to my already Diverse Line up

i had The 24v and Diesel Folks In Mind as well at the same time on these 2

New ones , they are Heavy duty Zinc Plated Steel , i and Very Corrosion Resistant

View attachment 2239575View attachment 2239576View attachment 2239577

View attachment 2239578

View attachment 2239579

Matt, looked at your site and didnt see one of the items posted. I need the black set on the right of your photos 4/5. Do you have those available?

Josh

What's your site.
Matt, looked at your site and didnt see one of the items posted. I need the black set on the right of your photos. Do you have those available

Matt, looked at your site and didnt see one of the items posted. I need the black set on the right of your photos 4/5. Do you have those available?

Josh

PM sent

Finally got my winter project finished. Complete rebuild kits in tranny, transfer case, new clutch and rear main seal replaced. New oil pan (rusted through on spot welds where skids attached) and a few other minor fixes. Glad to have it back on the road.

Thanks to @cruiseroutfit for most of the parts!

Finally got my winter project finished. Complete rebuild kits in tranny, transfer case, new clutch and rear main seal replaced. New oil pan (rusted through on spot welds where skids attached) and a few other minor fixes. Glad to have it back on the road.

Thanks to @cruiseroutfit for most of the parts!

Thank you! :cool:

OK...so I didn’t do anything to my Landcruiser but I did build a little workbench for the Iron Yak. I hope this qualifies. Yes it will have mixed uses. There is a gun cleaning kit stored below. And it does a great job of holding my beer. Peg board to follow.

F1E452F4-0A39-49E2-BFBD-D2ECF203ACD2.jpeg

That's a good workspace for that minor distributor modification on your horizon :). You'll need to figure out where to store your new drill bit and tap.

I built it for exactly these types of projects. I am very much looking forward this weekend so I can tackle that minor modification. Both black containers with yellow tops below are for Toyota tools/parts only. In addition to the peg board I will add a small shelf for Toyota publications.

OK...so I didn’t do anything to my Landcruiser but I did build a little workbench for the Iron Yak. I hope this qualifies. Yes it will have mixed uses. There is a gun cleaning kit stored below. And it does a great job of holding my beer. Peg board to follow.

View attachment 2257070
Nice. I've been doing the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom