What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (135 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my Maggiolina tent mounted to the roof rack. As much as I tried to avoid it, this is a much better solution than the Thule bars.

712405B9-2612-4E4D-9501-D50D61C1496E.jpeg
2C145F6C-AF06-4794-B78B-D9EC716FD62D.jpeg
83EF42AF-9AE0-437F-9A74-B44E2F0B7FC8.jpeg

In between fishing spots, I saw the rest of the river was pretty chocolate milky after a good rain in the mountains above the day before, so I drove up a new little trail I've been meaning to scope out for a while. Probably a light class 3 in parts. The rest of it pretty tame. I put it in 4lo anyway to get it some exercise. No scrapes, scuffs or slips. Pics are from about 4 miles in on the tamest portion I could get out on.
IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1241.JPG

In between fishing spots, I saw the rest of the river was pretty chocolate milky after a good rain in the mountains above the day before, so I drove up a new little trail I've been meaning to scope out for a while. Probably a light class 3 in parts. The rest of it pretty tame. I put it in 4lo anyway to get it some exercise. No scrapes, scuffs or slips. Pics are from about 4 miles in on the tamest portion I could get out on.
View attachment 1959121View attachment 1959122View attachment 1959123
Tight Lines!

Installed new OEM Headlamp assemblies with smoke film; new black hex grill with retro badge; and had hood wrapped in 3M Black Satin with Land Cruiser logo

View attachment 1959735

View attachment 1959736

If you could post one more pic from a little further away showing how the hood looks on the vehicle as a whole I'd greatly appreciate it!... Looks badass

Thanks man!
SEM brand bumper paint. All the little chrome pieces pop out or come unscrewed and I just sanded, cleaned and put about 4 coats of paint then reassembled it. The emblems on the back ate plasti-dip, which I'd never used before but was impressed with. If it doesn't last long I'll remove them and use the same SEM paint and will probably do the chrome side moldings eventually as well.
Looks really good, and thanks for the tip that the chrome bits come apart. I like how the grill isn't *all* black. I've been thinking about using (IIRC) Duplicolor Smoke Chrome to tone it down for my silver LC. I'm not sure I want it to be black-black (too much contrast vs. the silver?) but the black chrome could look pretty sweet. Dunno.

Looks really good, and thanks for the tip that the chrome bits come apart. I like how the grill isn't *all* black. I've been thinking about using (IIRC) Duplicolor Smoke Chrome to tone it down for my silver LC. I'm not sure I want it to be black-black (too much contrast vs. the silver?) but the black chrome could look pretty sweet. Dunno.

Yeah you could always do a dark/med gray in place of black so the contrast isn't quite so bold. Either way I think cutting the chrome down with a darker color makes these grilles look so much better. Thinking about doing the chrome body molding next.

Major work on the 200 this week; major. Installed the new WeatherTech floor liners and installed new cup holders from @bhicks !! Major performance improvement. Pretty sure I have more ground clearance and HP now !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom