What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wasn't .. just new

Last edited:
Just a couple small things... Blacked the front bumper chrome as well as the rear chrome plate, V8 badge and Toyota emblem... And gave her a bath.

@Markuson so there by your right knee on the side of the center console is what you are suggesting?
I thought about initially doing it by the passenger left knee but that didn't seem like it'd be an easy grab in case of emergency. I tested as if I needed it from the rear of center console and didn't seem too bad
Didn't think about gear and other aspects that you mentioned..

Very similar to what Bryson posted (photo shown with seat pushed all the way back...)

It's a large-fish unit, but in real use as a driver, it's never in my way.
Particularly like the hose, because if a nasty accident happens and my arms are broken or scewed up...I might buy a few precious moments in a nasty cabin fire situation...using the hose to while it's still secured. As I said before--not gonna save your vehicle that way, but might buy those few seconds needed to unlatch your own seatbelt in flames or a passenger. Likely? Nope. But none of the cabin-fire deaths that happen every year are likely either. :meh:

Beyond that...the more realistic acvantage is that it is instantly available to me for any fire...immediately after exit, with zero digging, reaching or un-burying. Very effective...and I'm used it twice from this position.

Pull the red pin handle and boom.

6268119F-DD1D-4621-873D-93E3E0FCE708.jpeg

Last edited:
@Markuson Is that a bracket meant for 200s? The fire extinguisher I bought in on a plastic brace that has 2 holes for me to use as mounting points

Screenshot_20190414-235033_Target.jpg

@Markuson Is that a bracket meant for 200s? The fire extinguisher I bought in on a plastic brace that has 2 holes for me to use as mounting points

View attachment 1953584

Bracket is intended for front seat bolts. So ya. Intended for this or any other vehicle with seat bolts in the floor.

Older photo... I now have beefier rings. Very stout.

Bracket is intended for front seat bolts. So ya. Intended for this or any other vehicle with seat bolts in the floor.

Older photo... I now have beefier rings. Very stout.

I'm seeing a huge range of brackets. From $9 to $120... would you mind giving suggestions on where I should look
The extinguisher I got is 3#

The chrome delete grill looks great. Paint or wrap?

Thanks man!
SEM brand bumper paint. All the little chrome pieces pop out or come unscrewed and I just sanded, cleaned and put about 4 coats of paint then reassembled it. The emblems on the back ate plasti-dip, which I'd never used before but was impressed with. If it doesn't last long I'll remove them and use the same SEM paint and will probably do the chrome side moldings eventually as well.

I went with the ironman 4x4 foam cell pro with performance springs so far there has been a noticeable ride change for the worse. Right now I wish I would have gotten comfort springs but I'll be adding several pounds with the sliders and eventually bumpers and a winch.

Headlight renewal time...

Compare passenger... (not started yet)
15C41279-CABE-40AA-B71D-ECE62AF387CB.jpeg

To finished Driver...
B9F93B7E-473A-4CF7-B998-95FACE96C4E1.jpeg

864D748D-3EF8-4FF3-A116-C9DCA6A1328F.jpeg

Done...on right...yet to do...left:
E6956E1D-09C0-4E5B-A111-6C14CF70C463.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks nicer than any ammo can I’ve seen!
But I’m actually not needing a jerry can to fit inside it.. It just needs to be the same bottom dimensions of a jerry can so it can squeeze in place of if of my three jerry csns in my 3-can basket.

Might need to break down have make a custom size basket made to accommodate larger ammo cans like that one.

Hmmmm... Wheels turning :)

Thanks @TonyP!

@Markuson , looking for something like this?
20190415_172031.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom