What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Being “paranoid” that they are going to leak and “no S@&t” “Yup I know” do not convey the same level of certainty.

Paranoid means unrealistic distrust. I figured you weren’t sure if they would leak. Your follow-on post proves me wrong...you do know, just not the meaning of paranoid. Good luck!

heh, meant to convey "oh S@&t" not "no S@&t"!

heh, meant to convey "oh S@&t" not "no S@&t"!

10-4...my 3rd Gen 4Runner had a bad leak...like mold in the headliner bad...turned out to be a missing roof rack bolt.

3ADE4CC1-D7FD-41C5-B245-B5AFA7BA63BC.jpeg
Thanks for the idea!

Hah! I ordered 4 of those and a couple other small things from that place over 2 weeks ago. Still hasn't shipped. I called yesterday to inquire WTF and was told some flimsy poor excuse "we're moving some of the warehouse, we'll get to it eventually".

First and last order with them. :mad:

Factory shocks/struts, OE 10mm front spacer, spark plugs (originals looked pretty good with 108k and gap was basically perfect at .043 though there was slight electrode erosion)

Basically, baselining. Love this vehicle.

Did run into a situation where the rear spark plug hole on each head would make the socket stick in the bore.. unless I didn't put ANY downward pressure on the socket/extension. Kindof odd..

It didn’t take long, only a bit of head scratching as to why those two would stick firmly. Had to back out the plug slightly, make sure the socket wasn’t smashed all the way onto the plug, then carefully retorque.

Spent Friday in Big Bear. Did the Gold Mountain Trail. A little bumper damage but made it over all the "gates".

10-4...my 3rd Gen 4Runner had a bad leak...like mold in the headliner bad...turned out to be a missing roof rack bolt.

I was able to fish one mount out of the headliner and get a rivnut/nutsert in the other. Everything is cinched down nice and tight and I added some clear flexible silicone just in case.

Was out in it all day yesterday and no leaks. Fingers crossed!

6KFQrrC.jpg

AF636A34-BBE3-460C-8867-D1A2C99A8766.jpeg

Got some 45mm adjustable Tough Dogs to replace my Nitrocharger Sport shocks in back. My initial impression is very good, so I am hoping these give me the extra compression dampening I am looking for. Big shout out to TT for getting them to me so fast.

6AD1F12B-0117-4CEB-9E11-7FAAE8BD4626.jpeg

Filed these little sharp points down on my ARB drawers. Funny that they drew blood on me several times before I finally reached for a file.

4CE80DB9-C807-4EB7-81DC-91E0E477B562.jpeg

The TDs are significantly heavier and larger than the Nitros. First drive impression is that I got the dampening I was hoping for (set at 5).

Time will tell if the adjustment knob is in vulnerable position.

Haven’t done yet, but fixin’ to do this:

2BD589EC-7D00-4192-B8D9-AD956169EE1E.jpeg

And super clean wiring/plumbing. No one will ever see this but me, still must be quality.

E142C9CE-6D62-45FD-BB7F-4C3B84209B1C.jpeg

Finished this tonight.

IMG_20180430_230016.jpg

Really like how this came out. The install is a PITA, takes awhile, took me 2 sessions. Tip: pull the horn fuse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom