What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

White Knuckle has 2 options when ordering "stock" and "1" body lift", I know it's a little confusing but thats what the call it

Finished adding some light to the rear hatch. Loved what Kurt did with his Lunas, but didn't like the price. So I went with these... $13 each. 13.5" Swivel Utility LED Light Bar with Rocker Switch - 150 Lumens | Swivel LED Light Bars | Dome, Puck, & Recessed LED Lights | LED Boat Lights and Marine LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs

The only change I'll probably make is to find a yellow film to put over the lenses, worried about the bugs they will attract. Tough to tell with the garage light on in the background but they are bright. 300 lumens in total.
IMG_20170309_170528.jpg
IMG_20170309_185412.jpg

Finished adding some light to the rear hatch. Loved what Kurt did with his Lunas, but didn't like the price. So I went with these... $13 each. 13.5" Swivel Utility LED Light Bar with Rocker Switch - 150 Lumens | Swivel LED Light Bars | Dome, Puck, & Recessed LED Lights | LED Boat Lights and Marine LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs

The only change I'll probably make is to find a yellow film to put over the lenses, worried about the bugs they will attract. Tough to tell with the garage light on in the background but they are bright. 300 lumens in total. View attachment 1417411 View attachment 1417414

I really like where you placed them--especially because when you're standing back there, they are less blinding since they are tucked "behind" the edge of the window trip when open. Nice work!

The only change I'll probably make is to find a yellow film to put over the lenses, worried about the bugs they will attract. Tough to tell with the garage light on in the background but they are bright. 300 lumens in total. View attachment 1417411 View attachment 1417414

What color did you go with? 6500k? 4300k? or 3500k? and whatever you got, what's your impression of the color re: cold vs. warm?

DOH!! Never mind! I just checked on the website and the 65 & 35 are both discontinued. ;)

I just ordered a set. Thinking those would be just about PERFECT & also perfect for sleeping in back, since they could be pointed up to reflect off of the light ceiling, and the rocker switch could be press with a foot through a sleeping bag. Perfect.

**Any chance you took some install process photos? What did you tie into?

Last edited:
What color did you go with? 6500k? 4300k? or 3500k? and whatever you got, what's your impression of the color re: cold vs. warm?

DOH!! Never mind! I just checked on the website and the 65 & 35 are both discontinued. ;)

I just ordered a set. Thinking those would be just about PERFECT & also perfect for sleeping in back, since they could be pointed up to reflect off of the light ceiling, and the rocker switch could be press with a foot through a sleeping bag. Perfect.

**Any chance you took some install process photos? What did you tie into?
I didn't take photos along the way, thought about it, should have. I can walk you through it though, pics would have been helpful sorry. @Narkhelek I ran power from a small fuse box I mounted behind the panel to the bottle jack, same circuit I ran to wire the 3 ports I posted up a few days ago. Initially I only ran a positive wire, thinking I could just ground to an existing bolt or something. No go. And of course I put all the paneling back together so a bit of a redo. Because I already had the rear circuit it wasn't bad, but running the positive and negative wires back to the rear from the engine compartment took some patience, I did manage to do so without having to completely remove the last panel in the rear to the side of the third row. And I say completely because I did remove the seat belt, and the bolt behind the cargo net tie down/hook (just twist it counter clockwise 90 degrees) that way I could pop that rear panel slightly, right at the edge of the back just enough to see in and fish my wire. You can then remove all the paneling on the rear hatch, what you don't have to do is touch the headliner, there's a very small space between the headliner and the roof (remove the thick rubber seal to get to the gap in headliner, it's easy to get back on). Fish the wires over and then you have to pop off the right rubber hose (it's held on by 4 tabs, one in the middle of each side, pull off top and bottom) I used a stiff wire to feed through the rubber hose, then pulled through my wires. Once you get there you can run the wires down the right of the rear hatch (looking from the rear) and to the back of the hatch where I wired the lights. Used the female connectors and combined both lights into one each, then attached to the POS/neg wires I just ran using the male connectors. Connect accordingly.

**You'll need (4) 8-32 x 3/4" (or 1") or equivalent bolts, (4) locking nuts, and (8) small washers. If you look at the back of the panel you'll mount to you'll see some ribs that keep it rigid, you just have to make sure that you don't mount too close otherwise you'll have interference w/ the washers. I put a piece a narrow masking tape along the rib and then wrapped it over the top so that I could have a marker on where to drill my first hole.**

Wasn't hard, just took some patience. You might even find some power to tap off of and avoid some headache but I wanted the power run from the 2nd batt so I chose to run the fresh wires.

@Markuson I know you live relatively close, if you need assistance let me know. Otherwise come to a Beach n Toys gathering and we can do it there!

Last edited:
So while in my garage fiddling with the endless stuff I keep in my ARB drawers this evening...
...me wife comes out:

Wife: "It kinda looks like you're preparing for the zombie apocalypse!!"

Me: "What do you mean...KINDA???" :hillbilly:

In my defense...there is only ONE ammo can in there... :poof:

Anymore than one and you'll likely to have the Kalifornia Stasi storming into your home taking you away...

I digress. Don't have a 200 yet but sure wish I did...

Nice work on the lights! More importantly, I now feel much better about the state of my garage - which looks a lot like yours. ;)

Nice work on the lights! More importantly, I now feel much better about the state of my garage - which looks a lot like yours. ;)
Haha it's funny that's all I could focus on in that pic too, what a mess!

Last edited:
That's a decent gym. So guns AND working out we'll get to talk about in Breck huh? :)

Ya... Unfortunately, I'm still recovering from my nasty injury. Only been out of my wheelchair for a week or two and have been messed up since August 14th. Still very gimpy, and my wrist is still broken...nerve damage, and half my right leg doesn't work. BUT...when I do recover, I'm looking forward to getting back into shape. Was already fat from heart trouble last year and having to take a break from biking/exercise...but hopefully that will be behind me soon.

And ya... Really looking forward to Breck!!!

Last edited:
Ya... Unfortunately, I'm still recovering from my nasty injury. Only been out of my wheelchair for a week or two and have been messed up since August 14th. Still very gimpy, and my wrist is still broken...nerve damage, and half my right leg doesn't work. BUT...when I do recover, I'm looking forward to getting back into shape. Was already fat from heart trouble last year and having to take a break from biking/exercise...but hopefully that will be behind me soon.

And ya... Really looking forward to Break!!!

Injuries are awful, really. It's a terrible feeling knowing you want to, and have done something in the past, but can't anymore. I've been there many times. The most important thing is perseverance without overworking. Stretching is amazing, it sounds dumb but it's really helped me a lot. BCAA's are my godsend. I have lower back, hip, knee, shoulder issues but after focusing on core and taking BCAAs I was back in the game pretty quick. Let me now if you need any advice. I'm not a bodybuilder or health freak but I might be able to give some pointers.

After two days of on and off wrenching, we finally got the BP-51's on the vehicle and I love them. Need to align it and mess with setttings but the pain and sweat was worth it!

Thanks again @cruiseroutfit for all the support!

View attachment 1418203

Ha - there is a bit more pain and sweat involved in messing with the settings, BTW;)

I'm barely 4 months into the BP-51 and I've adjusted them a few times. There was a BP-51 "settings" thread on here but it seemed to just devolve into clunking and o-rings.... I'd be interested to hear what you eventually end up with for rebound and compression. Looks awesome!

Injuries are awful, really. It's a terrible feeling knowing you want to, and have done something in the past, but can't anymore. I've been there many times. The most important thing is perseverance without overworking. Stretching is amazing, it sounds dumb but it's really helped me a lot. BCAA's are my godsend. I have lower back, hip, knee, shoulder issues but after focusing on core and taking BCAAs I was back in the game pretty quick. Let me now if you need any advice. I'm not a bodybuilder or health freak but I might be able to give some pointers.

Thanks. Nerve damage is really tricky and weird. No way to force faster re-growth. It was primarily what they call a "stretch injury" where my leg was violently pull way behind my body. This damaged the main nerve that starts from your low spine and down the leg...splitting in two main directions. This rendered my quad, hamstrings and lower leg only partially functional. Also split my tibia badly. Have a metal plate and 9 screws in there and the bone is mostly healed, but the nerves are still screwed up. My wrist and hand have three broken bones, and nerve damage too. Not much fun.

View attachment 1418229

View attachment 1418228

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom