What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (107 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Snorkel installed! Took forever to get the fit right. I'm gonna have to play with it a little more but it's on and pretty good. First LX570 with a snorkel? Maybe....Probably not but I'm excited either way.

Shout out to SBC Off-road for helping me out. I was too scared to drill a giant hole in her.

I'll post pics tomorrow in the daylight

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Snorkel installed! Took forever to get the fit right. I'm gonna have to play with it a little more but it's on and pretty good. First LX570 with a snorkel? Maybe....Probably not but I'm excited either way.

Shout out to SBC Off-road for helping me out. I was too scared to drill a giant hole in her.

I'll post pics tomorrow in the daylight

View attachment 1421611

View attachment 1421612

Nice! I'll be letting Slee drill the big scary fender hole this summer. :)

Went and picked up @TonyP rig to get started on a custom build for him. When we got home, Andrea said... "It just belongs doesn't it"

SO, more than likely the Trail Tailor Cruiser Pen will grow again shortly... HA! Bad thing is she will give up her... (MY TOW RIG- Nissan Armada) so I'll be on the hunt for a new rig TOO!

J

IMG_20170315_151547175.jpg

Early teaser, I'm building a raspberry pi setup to offer video games and movies running off the inputs from my Beatsonic thread. Will post more once complete, but the vision is wireless Xbox 360 controllers playing Nintendo and Sega games via the dash screen and the backseat screens (on the 2016) while also offering movies on all 3 screens. Dat long road trip tho...

What's with the backwards snorkel intake?

What's with the backwards snorkel intake?

Sometimes recommended when driving in heavy snow to avoid icing up the intake, but don't think it's necessary in Georgia.

What I'm more curious about is the lack of fit around the body contours:

upload_2017-3-16_23-45-55.png

The Safari brand snorkels I've seen fit much better there. Is it just a bad photo, or is there really a gap there? Is it possible you received a 2008-2011 snorkel instead of a 2013-2017 snorkel?

HTH

Sometimes recommended when driving in heavy snow to avoid icing up the intake, but don't think it's necessary in Georgia.

What I'm more curious about is the lack of fit around the body contours:

View attachment 1422329

The Safari brand snorkels I've seen fit much better there. Is it just a bad photo, or is there really a gap there? Is it possible you received a 2008-2011 snorkel instead of a 2013-2017 snorkel?

HTH

There is a gap there. The LX fenders are not the same as a LC and there is no lx snorkel. If anyone local has a safari snorkel sitting around I would be more than happy to try it on my truck and see if it's better, I honestly doubt it though.
It's a dobinson snorkel. im still tweaking it.

That's how they recommended install due to possible rain intake. I turned it around since.

When they reverse engineered the Safari Snorkel it appears they copied the rain drains too ;)

IMG_1967.JPG

I've been driving a snorkel equipped Cruiser for 15+ years, I've never found a scenario to turn the ram around. #urbanlegend :D

I'm sure there are some hurricane rains that soils warrant flipping it... I've just never seen it.

When they reverse engineered the Safari Snorkel it appears they copied the rain drains too ;)

View attachment 1422415

I've been driving a snorkel equipped Cruiser for 15+ years, I've never found a scenario to turn the ram around. #urbanlegend :D

I'm sure there are some hurricane rains that soils warrant flipping it... I've just never seen it.

Hence why I flipped it back around.

View attachment 1422415

That's great Kurt but I was hoping to hear from someone with actual experience :lol:

There is a gap there. The LX fenders are not the same as a LC and there is no lx snorkel. If anyone local has a safari snorkel sitting around I would be more than happy to try it on my truck and see if it's better, I honestly doubt it though.
It's a dobinson snorkel. im still tweaking it.

FYI, it looks like the Safari snorkel has a better contour fit:

200SeriesSnorkel_17MAR17_zpsgpahvnlt.jpg

You may want to give it a try.

HTH

FYI, it looks like the Safari snorkel has a better contour fit:

200SeriesSnorkel_17MAR17_zpsgpahvnlt.jpg

You may want to give it a try.

HTH
That's still on a 200 series. If anyone else has a photo of a snorkel on an LX, I think that would be helpful. I see the "crease" of sorts in the LX fender that the 200 doesn't have.

That's still on a 200 series. If anyone else has a photo of a snorkel on an LX, I think that would be helpful. I see the "crease" of sorts in the LX fender that the 200 doesn't have.

I don't know, Mike - the "crease" looks pretty much the same to me:

But it is hard to capture in a pic, and I don't have an LX, so I'll defer to the experts.

I take it back. Upon closer examination you are absolutely correct. There is indeed a "crease" on the LX that runs out all the way to the lip of the headlight housing that is more pronounced on the LX than on the LC and does appear like it would affect the fit of any snorkel. I will, however, still defer to the experts like you ;)

HTH

Last edited:
Waiting for a truck this morning I got to look at the tailgate storage.

Easy enough and this will happen for sure @TonyP I'll be modifying 2 of my other tailgate lids for this. One for your rig and the other to go to the laser cutter for production. I'll pop the cover and drawers out next week and start digging in more at night after bumper and skid work.

J
IMG_20170317_112059635.jpg
IMG_20170317_112048485.jpg
IMG_20170317_112209962_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170317_112223478_HDR.jpg

95k service done!

Front cover reseal
Cam boxes reseal
New water pump
New radiator
New belt
New plugs
New coolant
New idlers and tensioner
And I even had the oil changed!

I was very happy that they got it back before the weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom