What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (75 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Initial impression: this is going to need some tweeking.

View attachment 1706585

Swung by the metal fabricator in town and threw around a few ideas to get the carrier closer to the body.

The most reasonable idea wasn't possible - moving the trailer hitch up (in) on the frame. The bolt holes are already there! Sadly I have the hitch design that cages the exhaust tip preventing relocation.

Ideas???
Any side shots?

Certainly entertaining the idea - however my wife had a DT Catback on her LX that ended up being replaced by an OEM from @beno

Would removing the resonator create significantly more noise?

The one on mine was removed by the PO, so I can’t speak to before and after on this rig. However, I don’t notice a difference when compared to others with resonators.

Got a set of Rago mounts and a 2500 ARB. 10mm GearWrench is almost a must for the awning to the adapters, and stainless washers were added by me. ARB just included the bolts and nuts.

Works beautifully!

C5FD95EE-83A3-4E70-B35A-DD7BB2D8D2B4.jpeg

0603F73F-BA08-452E-B104-691F89D2DCFD.jpeg

F66E088E-75F3-4350-AF91-93848739466D.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick install of my ScanGauge that I had in my 4Runner.

AA4D8C23-5C00-415E-86C6-826E34AA5DE9.jpeg

Let me know your thoughts on the STT Pros. I'm a few weeks from pulling the trigger on the either the ST MAXX or the STT Pros in a 295/70/18 profile. Currently on KO2s in 275/70/18
I just put the stt pro in 295/70/18 and love it. I have OME 2.5” and it rubbed on frame and uca. Just added spacers and now rubs on pinch weld, which I’ll smash.
2B61CA0D-1E93-4DCA-B3DA-A9E605088333.jpeg

That is a great setup. What would you estimate the time it takes to install and remove the awning from the roof rack? I wouldn't want one up there full time.

Hmm, with the help of my wife and a cargo strap to help her (she is rather petite) maybe 7-9 minutes real time. I can manage it by myself for transporting it to and from the shed to the rig, (I’m 6’4” about 200 lbs)

I will say this though. You will NEED a 10mm GearWrench for that time. W/out it your looking at probably 30-min or so. The GearWrench is the perfect tool for ARBs nuts and the space in there.

Also the Rago adapters will be left up there pretty much permanently. Unless you want to remove the pass side roof rack torx bolts again to get them off.

Last edited:
@Nijas98hundie I need those too. Did you buy it direct or from which vendor?

Edit: found part number for rubber handle (325301) for clamp #341

Last edited:
Monday afternoon on my way back to work from lunch I spotted some white smoke/steam coming from the hood. Pulled over and saw coolant had sprayed everywhere. Limped it home, stopping half way to add water. It cracked right along the top. I bought a Denso from NAPA and new heater tees and SLLC from the dealer. Flushed two times with distilled and good to go. Any easy ideas on reattaching the foam to the top?
Good thing it happened now and I changed everything because we are headed 345 miles to Wallowa Lake this weekend.

cracked radiator2.JPG

Monday afternoon on my way back to work from lunch I spotted some white smoke/steam coming from the hood. Pulled over and saw coolant had sprayed everywhere. Limped it home, stopping half way to add water. It cracked right along the top. I bought a Denso from NAPA and new heater tees and SLLC from the dealer. Flushed two times with distilled and good to go. Any easy ideas on reattaching the foam to the top?
Good thing it happened now and I changed everything because we are headed 345 miles to Wallowa Lake this weekend.

View attachment 1707142
I razor blade removed the foam and used a thin bead of super glue to reattach to the new radiator.

View attachment 1707142

How many miles are on your rig? What year and do you think it was the original? I don't know that I've read of many radiator failures.

How many miles are on your rig? What year and do you think it was the original? I don't know that I've read of many radiator failures.
Has about 180K miles. It's a 2007 and had the original radiator. The PO was the original owner and kept solid records showing a recent (2017) coolant flush with SLLC.

:meh: so i dunno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom