What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

swapped AHC accumulators w/ OEM, flushed the crap out of the AHC fluid, and man she's plush now. Happy I went the OEM route for the plush ride - my 3rd gen is the major contender for offroading. also rotated tires in prep for an upcoming road trip. As of now the LX is the family cruiser and tailgating connoisseur.

excited to see how it turns out. did you go with the top coat? That's an awful lot of work in masking and prep for a coating that can just be peeled off. I did my badges and letters with plastidip and have to redo it ever other year... the benefit is that I don't have to worry about masking between all the letters... I just hit the whole area and pick out the areas between the letters.

Forgot to answer the top coat question. I just went with 5 coats of white plasti-dip and then 3 coats of gloss plasti-dip.

Just picked up a 99 lx470...replaced steering rack, tie rod ends, lower ball joints, sway bar endlinks & bushing, front brake pads & rotors, passenger side half shaft, repacked wheel bearings, antenna mast, hood struts and cabin filter.
That's it? Jeez...

Welcome & congrats! :)

Forgot to answer the top coat question. I just went with 5 coats of white plasti-dip and then 3 coats of gloss plasti-dip.

How’d the top coats go on? Smooth? Any sanding? I’ve never used the top coats or the metalizsr(is that what it’s called?)

Busy day. New tires 285 65 18 BFG KO2, plus a spare that replaced the original dueler that came on the truck when it was bought in 2007.

Found a great rattle can at O’Reillys that almost perfectly matched the Galactic Grey Mica. Painted the mudflap delete plates with 3 coats and installed them.

Used the remainder of the rattle can to touch up the plastic grill that was faded and looking bad. Masked off the TEQ badge and the whole grill looks much better.

Ejected the navigation disc and rebooted the system and amazingly the map came back after 3 years of not working.

Nothing too technical, but really was happy with the improvements. Truck will be ready for my turkey hunt next weekend.

Pics of work

171013A6-E408-45B0-B16E-AE07FD7B60CE.jpeg

FA400194-14DD-41DA-B354-9C3AF1079445.jpeg

FFB70D1B-0B49-41B4-BE19-7E993C4A4B2E.jpeg

Fisher67, your Hundy looks great. Do you remember the brand and name of the color of paint?

Spent the last couple weekends installing a front runner roof rack and slee step sliders. Now we are ready for some vacation time!

20180415_113608.jpg

I just obliterated the clips holding in the top of the seat-back on the drivers side trying to remove it to tighten up the net.

Off hand anybody know the part number for the replacement clips?

New lower ball joints, new shocks, and new bearings and grease. Learned a lot more about the front end than I knew before. Had a few hiccups along the way but it's all back together and I have zero extra parts :)

I wouldn't have even attempted this job if it wasn't for Mud (and a little help from Chris Fix), thanks to everyone who has contributed here, especially @2001LC.

To anyone replacing bearings, save yourself some trouble and inspect your races before you pound them out/in needlessly. I concur with others that these probably don't go bad. I have 270k miles and mine looked as good as the new ones. Bearings looked good too, but since I ordered new kits I swapped them out.

I just obliterated the clips holding in the top of the seat-back on the drivers side trying to remove it to tighten up the net.

Off hand anybody know the part number for the replacement clips?
Try Clip, seat back board. Part number 71769-60040.

Try Clip, seat back board. Part number 71769-60040.

thanks, found it. I'm going to to just use velcro for the time being and see how that works. If it's not ideal I'll add in the clips next time I place an order for other parts. I'm not paying $10 shipping for 2 $7 clips no thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom