What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove the Williams Ranch trail in Guadalupe Mountains National Park. Part of it follows the Butterfield Stage Coach route. Interesting history and topography. Great views of El Capitan. Very isolated.

upload_2016-5-10_16-2-18.png

upload_2016-5-10_16-2-44.png

Added another layer of quietness on the back! Had some left over under padding in the garage so decided to use it. No glue, just sitting flat and tight under the edges. Raised the drawer about 1/4".
I also added some scraps of dynamat on the floor, wheel well and side panels wile doing some rear wiring!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Took mine by the Lexus dealer to have the steering wheel re-set feature turned off, and had them change the oil while it was in there. Also, picked up some 18" steel Tundra wheels for a possible wheel/tire change up...

Did a rough weigh in for the drawers with the bathroom scale before reinstalling.
The main body is around 80lbs(it varied a tad depending how I held them on the scale) that includes sliders. I trimmed some unnecessary wood few weeks ago, think I shaved about 12 pounds.
image.jpg

image.jpg

The drawers themselves are about 27lbs each. Not bad for 3/4 ply + sliders.
image.jpg

new 285/65 r18 BFG KO2's all the way around. Took the best of the olds for the spare. Did the spare tire modification as well.
Force balanced the new tires and because it needed an alignment and the steering rack was leaking all over I replaced that as well..
With the new shocks last year and all of this it rides incredibly smooth now!

IMG_20160508_174940.jpg
20160512_144549.jpg
20160512_144642.jpg

Stops sending dirty, sooty, hot air back into the combustion chamber...

And is alleged to reduce NOx emissions. Wish I knew how that "cooling" worked...

It works as the exhaust gas is a inert gas, meaning it doesn't combust again, it is hot but not as hot as the combustable gases which are getting burnt in the chamber, so there is heat transfer to cool down, plus there is not as much combustion taking place because of this inert gas being present, in turn making a cooler combustion chamber. This feature does mean that there is a power loss due to the function of EGR, again though there is a plus to this as the throttle can be opened more which allows better air flow so the engine doesn't work as hard to draw air in. Hope that explains it to some level.

Went out after dinner and cranked the torsion bars up in the front on th 99 LC. It was sitting down from the rear about 2" driver and 2.5" on the passenger side. Oddly I started this because the passenger side looked lower in the rear. I raised it to a point 1" lower than the rear and the passenger side leveled out in the rear.

FYI: I found on my 99 it takes 2 full turns to raise the fender 1/4". Other posts have said 1 turn gets you 1/4". I don't know why this might vary, however I guess it does. Thread pitch used? Fatigue? hmmmmm no matter.

Took it for a spin and it defiantly feels tighter with less dive/rebound in my speed bump test. Still soaked up enough that I would not call it harsh or abrupt.

I truly appreciate that the slee belly pan has the holes in the right spots.
Tape measure, floor Jack, jack stands, 1/2 breaker bar, 1/2 extension and it a :banana: banana job.

Filed a warranty claim on my 295/75r16 BFG KO2's. Tread lugs were cracking primarily in the center three inches of tread and them randomly throughout. Guess I will finally be putting my tundra wheels too use after having them for two years.

Spent the better part of an afternoon and evening getting to this little booger... you only have to remove about 1/3 of the engine to get to it!
IMG_0856.JPG

where'd you get the badge?
search on ebay
Aluminum retro Toyota 4 wheel drive
badge (black)

it was 35.00 and uses 3m autotape on the back. it feels really good quality and they also sell it in the classic yellow color as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom