What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This was a big week for my rig. Got to install some toys and go for a good camper towing trip...followed by the annual Christmas tree haul.
Glass installation by Capitol City Glass in Austin, great guy.
A B&W stow and go hitch/ball
An Owl Expedition media mount
Interstate Battery replacement
and some booster cables from Advance Auto, just in case

More pics:

IMG_8823.jpeg
IMG_8825.jpeg
IMG_8675.jpeg
69018038499__ECF7E063-1EEE-4188-9759-71F2A4B71C19.jpeg
69093710051__24E76A26-0BEE-4F37-AC40-8D05B15FE045.jpeg

Last edited:
This was a big week for my rig. Got to install some toys and go for a good camper towing trip...followed by the annual Christmas tree haul.

Rented a Taxa Cricket for Thanksgiving
Installed a Kammok Crosswing quick-deploy canopy from the kickstarter
replaced my ML subwoofer foam surround (shoutout to Simply Speakers)
Installed Owl Expedition seat MOLLE/Extinguisher mount
NOT PICTURED: some new Bosch wiper blades
View attachment 3177855View attachment 3177857View attachment 3177860View attachment 3177858View attachment 3177859
I need to replace the third row seatbelts after the k9 chewed them off. How hard is it to remove all the trim on the back? Every time I remove a trim on this thing something breaks or snaps🤬🤬🤬

I need to replace the third row seatbelts after the k9 chewed them off. How hard is it to remove all the trim on the back? Every time I remove a trim on this thing something breaks or snaps🤬🤬🤬
When it's this old, it happens. I say go slowly and you'll be golden.

The first things to remove are the bolt hiding behind the cargo net hooks and the passenger step threshold.
After that, it's easy-does-it with the clip removal tool.

When it's this old, it happens. I say go slowly and you'll be golden.

The first things to remove are the bolt hiding behind the cargo net hooks and the passenger step threshold.
After that, it's easy-does-it with the clip removal tool.
Clip removal tool??

Been wanting to know how to go about removing the door handle. I just hear it's a pita to unlatch the plastic from the rod

It's actually not that bad. The plastic latch that flips down can be difficult if you push on it from the side that is nearest to the opening (center of the door). What I found worked well was to get my hand behind the rod and use a finger to push on it from the back. Then you can push the rod out of the receiver on the handle fairly easily with a bit of force.

Got a new windshield installed and some minor surface rust cleaned up around the frame. I'll probably everything except the glass removal/install myself next time so I can make sure everything is thoroughly addressed and installed correctly, but I didn't have the time or space this time. I'm pretty happy with this shop's job though. They used all the oem parts I provided, riveted the side trim, and the window seems to be sitting the right place. I can finally read the vin on the dash.

I just need to finish cleaning the cowl now...

IMG_1026 copy.jpg

I saw the best fuel economy so far, with the roof rack removed! Cruising at 60mph with a couple of very short stops on flat-ish highway. 40⁰ F ambient temp, rolling on Bridgestone Blizzaks.
17.8 MPG is unreal!

20221126_184454.jpg

I saw the best fuel economy so far, with the roof rack removed! Cruising at 60mph with a couple of very short stops on flat-ish highway. 40⁰ F ambient temp, rolling on Bridgestone Blizzaks.
17.8 MPG is unreal!

View attachment 3178905

edit- just noticed you’re rolling on snow tires. Probably the larger portion of your increased mileage, assuming that they’re smaller diameter ?

Also, with 35” tires not probably your actual mileage, unless you’ve calibrated your Scangauge?

Last edited:
Installed drawers*. Big thanks to chowcares's video. Huge help. Installed 3/5 of the Visaton speaker set. Thanks to @cdoglesby for talking me into that.

* What the heck is up with ARB's 'grab bag' of screws. Missing a dozen you need and an extra 50 you don't. It's like some off-road Halloween trick or treat.

20221127_112827.jpg

edit- just noticed you’re rolling on snow tires. Probably the larger portion of your increased mileage, assuming that they’re smaller diameter ?

Also, with 35” tires not probably your actual mileage, unless you’ve calibrated your Scangauge?
My truck is regarding to 4.88 in both different and the speedometer is absolutely accurate with 34.5" tires that I usually run.
These winter tires are 34.1" (the largest I could find). With these my speedometer is under reading by 1.5 mph at 60 mph speed, so I think these fuel economy ratings might be actually slightly underreported! 😳

New lower ball joints on the 99...that turned into a much bigger project. Truthfully you'd never know it because the thing rides like a dream. Its now also getting a full brake job with hoses, repacked bearings, all new spindle innards (technical term), rebuilt CV axles, and tie rod ends.. Plus, at one point I realized one of the upper ball joints had a ripped boot, so I placed my very first order ever with Cruiser Outfitters (yeah I know). The parts were ordered Weds late and arrived Friday from UT to NJ. Wow. I laughed way too hard at the enclosed sticker "Jeeps are s***!" There is another lift on the other side of the room pictured below. It has a jeep on it that the poor guy has been trying to get coolant to stop leaking from for the past year.

1669612171444.png

1669612195137.png

I installed a smittybilt x20 into my dissent bumper. The control box didn’t fit well, so I mounted it inside the engine bay with an Owl accessory tray. I then got some four strand cable and hooked it onto the relay inside the control box to extend the controls into the cab using some CH4x4 switches.

C129A958-B129-473E-8260-55C1A303B557.jpeg

395531DB-9678-46FC-9E77-4CEE71F30AA1.jpeg

E1BE7564-4285-4B09-ACFF-F35CA1CFE478.jpeg

Also, with 35” tires not probably your actual mileage, unless you’ve calibrated your
The guys at victory 4x4 did install videos for their product and at one point they remove the seatbelt… check here:

for more help!

Dang it! I replaced them yesterday and this could have been so helpful. The Passenger side was a struggle since I didn’t fully remove the trim. The retractor on the seatbelt kept lock-in up so it was a fun afternoon. Thanks for the help!!

Dang it! I replaced them yesterday and this could have been so helpful. The Passenger side was a struggle since I didn’t fully remove the trim. The retractor on the seatbelt kept lock-in up so it was a fun afternoon. Thanks for the help!!
Bummer on the timing but now ya know for next time.

I have to do a new belt in the middle seat, passenger side. Got some mold from an old leak I’ve finally fixed. You’re not exactly lighting a fire under me to get it done, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom