What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Refoamed the second row speakers. I dunno.. probably coulda got another 200k out of them lol

87EB0445-5A4A-4635-B6E7-F4CB5D5B636D.jpeg

edit- just noticed you’re rolling on snow tires. Probably the larger portion of your increased mileage, assuming that they’re smaller diameter ?

Also, with 35” tires not probably your actual mileage, unless you’ve calibrated your Scangauge?
My truck is regarding to 4.88 in both different and the speedometer is absolutely accurate with 34.5" tires that I usually run.
These winter tires are 34.1" (the largest I could find). With these my speedometer is under reading by 1.5 mph at 60 mph speed, so I think these fuel economy ratings might be actually slightly underreported! 😳

New lower ball joints on the 99...that turned into a much bigger project. Truthfully you'd never know it because the thing rides like a dream. Its now also getting a full brake job with hoses, repacked bearings, all new spindle innards (technical term), rebuilt CV axles, and tie rod ends.. Plus, at one point I realized one of the upper ball joints had a ripped boot, so I placed my very first order ever with Cruiser Outfitters (yeah I know). The parts were ordered Weds late and arrived Friday from UT to NJ. Wow. I laughed way too hard at the enclosed sticker "Jeeps are s***!" There is another lift on the other side of the room pictured below. It has a jeep on it that the poor guy has been trying to get coolant to stop leaking from for the past year.

1669612171444.png

1669612195137.png

I installed a smittybilt x20 into my dissent bumper. The control box didn’t fit well, so I mounted it inside the engine bay with an Owl accessory tray. I then got some four strand cable and hooked it onto the relay inside the control box to extend the controls into the cab using some CH4x4 switches.

C129A958-B129-473E-8260-55C1A303B557.jpeg

395531DB-9678-46FC-9E77-4CEE71F30AA1.jpeg

E1BE7564-4285-4B09-ACFF-F35CA1CFE478.jpeg

Also, with 35” tires not probably your actual mileage, unless you’ve calibrated your
The guys at victory 4x4 did install videos for their product and at one point they remove the seatbelt… check here:

for more help!

Dang it! I replaced them yesterday and this could have been so helpful. The Passenger side was a struggle since I didn’t fully remove the trim. The retractor on the seatbelt kept lock-in up so it was a fun afternoon. Thanks for the help!!

Dang it! I replaced them yesterday and this could have been so helpful. The Passenger side was a struggle since I didn’t fully remove the trim. The retractor on the seatbelt kept lock-in up so it was a fun afternoon. Thanks for the help!!
Bummer on the timing but now ya know for next time.

I have to do a new belt in the middle seat, passenger side. Got some mold from an old leak I’ve finally fixed. You’re not exactly lighting a fire under me to get it done, haha.

I got my 100 series a week ago today and so far I've fixed the front bumper fitment, upgraded the low beam bulbs to 65w 9005 bulbs, changed the 4 door puddle lights, LP lights and front map lights to LED, replaced the burnt out front marker lights with LED, fixed the loose rear view mirror, fixed most of the exhaust heat shield rattles, started to remove the pealing stick on wood trim and mounted my magnetic phone mount.

I got my 100 series a week ago today and so far I've fixed the front bumper fitment, upgraded the low beam bulbs to 65w 9005 bulbs, changed the 4 door puddle lights, LP lights and front map lights to LED, replaced the burnt out front marker lights with LED, fixed the loose rear view mirror, fixed most of the exhaust heat shield rattles, started to remove the pealing stick on wood trim and mounted my magnetic phone mount.
Check/ replace those heater tees… and re-torque your valve cover bolts to avoid nuisance issues.

Check/ replace those heater tees… and re-torque your valve cover bolts to avoid nuisance issues.
One T was recently replaced, I plan on replacing the other one soon. Why the PO only did one I have no idea when they were already going to be back there. Valve covers are currently leaking, not a lot but are damp down the sides of the heads. I planed on just getting new gaskets when I order lower front ball joints and new sway bar end links.

Where did you get the covers?
Local shop in Panama city, fl. Dropped off yesterday morning, he cuts and sews right there. It was ready yesterday afternoon. Santos Upholstery. Under $500 for both.

Of course there was a version 2...View attachment 3173403
Yesterday have completed installation.
Albeit looks pretty neat I've realised that I'm not that comfortable with these switches, at least for as long as the locker is concerned.
The switch is too responsive and accidental engage might occur if either distracted or have my finger wrongly pointed. And a differential locked at a high speed is not something that I'd like to deal with.
Intend to replace them all with aviation type switches.
Need to also find a way to hide that remote cable.
Reverting.
20221129_154127.jpg

Yesterday have completed installation.
Albeit looks pretty neat I've realised that I'm not that comfortable with these switches, at least for as long as the locker is concerned.
The switch is too responsive and accidental engage might occur if either distracted or have my finger wrongly pointed. And a differential locked at a high speed is not something that I'd like to deal with.
Intend to replace them all with aviation type switches.
Need to also find a way to hide that remote cable.
Reverting.
View attachment 3182035
I like these carling switches, better looking than aviation types. Perhaps, install a safety switch for the locker elsewhere to avoid accidental activation?

Replace diff oil seals, Oil seals damage when leaving the axel hanging like this.
Good call. Thank you. I did it! And also replaced almost everything else in that picture. I had no plan to go that deep with this job, but I'm so happy about it and this newbie DIYer is getting more confident all the time. Took advantage of some great Black Friday sales too. It was all just great timing.

That looks fantastic.
Thanks, I am very impressed that they just match the leather, order a sheet and cut and sew it right there. Truly a craftsman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom