What have you been doing with your Toyota? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@REZARF I think I have a similar set (if not the same) to @JohnnyOshow22 . The airbags have helped me out a few times when towing or overloading the rear. The hoses are routed inside next to the bottle jack. Makes it easy to inflate/deflate.
IMG_20200505_190106.jpg

Mine are in the gas hatch, no interference with the gas pump

Are they on separate circuits? I guess that allows you to adjust each side independently? Very cool. I think I'll add them this summer. I hate having my steering feel lighter when towing and I bet leveling the rig will go a long way in helping that.

Are they on separate circuits? I guess that allows you to adjust each side independently? Very cool. I think I'll add them this summer. I hate having my steering feel lighter when towing and I bet leveling the rig will go a long way in helping that.
Separately plummed that way when off-road one can't pressurize the other side at an unfortunate time and flop you on accident but for a tow rig you could use the T provided in the kit and tie them together. I had about 6 inches of hose that came with the kit left over after install

Missing my puddle lights since the sliders went on. Simple LED strip light project. First time using liquid electrical tape. Where have you been all my life!?!

View attachment 2344452

Matt, obligatory night shots or it didn't happen.

Matt, obligatory night shots or it didn't happen.
Ha! Caught me (sort of).
I did wire them up. And I did get them to work. But... I haven’t permanently installed the light strips.:doh:
I got side tracked by two other electrical projects. Warning: Not Hundy related.

B14D413C-6C30-427D-86EE-D0452C66ED22.jpeg

12980007-B51E-497A-BB0B-0B973A4FB968.jpeg

Just a wee bit too many horsies for a stock fj55 4 speed lol.

OUCH! That stings. Hope you get it back together soon man.

Thanks Drew, he's waiting on parts to build up an auto to put in it. Was wanting to take it on the goose lake trip but thats not looking promising now. He'll steal my 84 again, oh well the 55 will be running by fall hopefully. I tried to tell him it isn't a street racer

Thanks Drew, he's waiting on parts to build up an auto to put in it. Was wanting to take it on the goose lake trip but thats not looking promising now. He'll steal my 84 again, oh well the 55 will be running by fall hopefully. I tried to tell him it isn't a street racer

He should really get out of that 55 and get himself into a nice subaru... I'll take it off his hands. You don't need it causing you any more drama! haha...

He should really get out of that 55 and get himself into a nice subaru... I'll take it off his hands. You don't need it causing you any more drama! haha...
I'll let you tell him that lol. Are you going on the goose lake trip? Sam and a bunch of his friends planned the same weekend for it so should be lots of carnage, hopefully none of my stuff

We went up to S. Meadow Creek Lake yesterday. Took the chainsaw in place of fishing pole to do my part to trim the trail. The dogs were spotting the trail out the left side. Only one group camping down low on one of the meadows. No one camping at the lake.

D31F9908-F6FF-437C-B35D-5FCAFBC080B7.jpeg

B3805198-9493-4DD7-BE5F-E33C8BDC146C.jpeg

3383B3D1-100B-4893-A3D6-AEC2B05B58ED.jpeg

The wife and I drove the 40 out to Ringing Rocks on Saturday morning and had a good time scrambling around with hammers for an hour or so. Once it started to get a little busier we left the rock pile to explore some of the roads in the area. We bounced around on washboards and rocky roads and all of my lights stopped working again. The truck still gets a little warm when moving at under 25 mph, I'm going to try adding a pusher fan with a dash switch and see if that helps. I messed around enough to get brake lights and turn signals working again, and then we drove into Three Forks to get lunch from the Iron Horse Cafe and Pie Shop. Lunch was fantastic, but the 40 didn't want to start when it was time to head home. One of the cooks gave us a jump and we were on our way. Got home and put a meter on the battery. It's showing ~7 volts. So, yeah, full rewire needs to happen on the 40 real soon.
FB_IMG_1595252164832.jpg

20200718_141918.jpg

Sunday morning, we loaded up the dogs in the Pickup and drove out Bridger Canyon to Stone Creek. The truck started getting hot on the way up. We turned around and limped it back home, keeping a close eye on the temp gauge. Got it home and noticed some white smoke in the exhaust. So that's fun. I'm not sure if it's worth putting head gaskets on a truck I paid $1000 for 130,000 miles ago, but I do really like that truck. We'll see.

Two trucks down. Driving the WRX this week.

In the past I had been up Little Bear Road a few times just wandering around and going to Big Bear lake. Having been in Storm Castle Road this winter on skis and bike, I wanted to try to connect the two roads. Considering how close it is to town, there's a lot of good wandering to do in there. The long descent of Mica Creek Road was a highlight but I was glad to get through the roughest of it before being hit by a torrential thunder/hail storm. A really nice way to spend a few hours close to town!

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1190.jpeg

IMG_1191.jpeg

IMG_1184.jpeg

you used to be able to get through all the way up to where everyone parks to hike storm castle. tried that route the weekend before last and theres a locked gate up top. cool old mica mines back there with some neat rocks. Theres a back entrance to storm castle back there too. half mile easy peasy hike to the cool rock where every bozemanite takes the picture in the arch.

that little lake in little bear is an awesome place to camp. been on that spot at least a dozen times

Replacing the driver and passenger front seat leather. Along with the center console. You can see the new vs oem in this picture.... looks way better imo, even though turns out interior/upholstery is way harder than i had originally anticipated (see, wrinkles in the passenger leather).

9F5B929E-D9A6-4275-AB31-2B9D8C14F5C0.JPG

Took my middle son up to little bear cabin. Found some nice skinny trails around the cabin for the 40. Then dropped the muffler on way out. Must have already been rusted out at the connection. Sounded and ran just the same after dropping it.

4375D229-CAFF-4139-A7C3-298CC9DEA919.jpeg

7A6BD1C8-5A44-404B-AA64-040D72695737.jpeg

8754F45E-6CDD-4601-811F-2BB7065B464D.jpeg

B33E760A-E204-4290-8365-CFE3E47966D3.jpeg

025DBB45-7F2A-4821-B008-CF589451D65D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom