What have you been doing with your Toyota? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reason i asked was to have you look at where your water temp sending unit is. they have been known to pick up false heat readings and headers exacerbate the problem. How hot are you running, my 5 litre runs 205-210. hoping that giving it cooler air will lower that at least a few degrees.

I suspect this was the main culprit of my issues. It had so many pinholes that it couldn't actually hold any pressure.
20200215_174621.jpg

yea, that could be a large part of it. When we change from a 327 to a 383 in my kids fj55 we had some heat issues. Ended up putting in i believe it was a champion alum. rad and shroud just before he took off for wyoming. that one had me nervous but it worked good. if i recall there's no bottom drain on it.

The one I got does have a bottom drain. I was having trouble during low speed trail stuff or passes at highway speed. I suspect this will take care of it. If not, I've got a plan for an oil cooler with an electric fan.

Looks awesome Ron, how was it hooking it into the Ford?

I am actually looking at removing mine so I can fold the windshield down.

Looks awesome Ron, how was it hooking it into the Ford?

I am actually looking at removing mine so I can fold the windshield down.
let's just say it's similar to any dealings with a ford in a 40. Since my top isn't coming off i'm not concerned about that until i rip it off on a tree. Sure is shiny though

let's just say it's similar to any dealings with a ford in a 40. Since my top isn't coming off i'm not concerned about that until i rip it off on a tree. Sure is shiny though
It really is shiny!
Let's put one on the 4Runner!
I told Una that Rabbit would be done when I put the sNorckle on.
However....A stainless steel on a 5th gen!
does anyone know how to weld?

The wife and I took my 40 to the reservoir up Hyalite Canyon. I'm not sure who it was waving at the corner of 19th and Cottonwood, but you definitely get the award for most enthusiastic wave of the day!
FB_IMG_1584971729653[1].jpg

BLING BLING! 😎

^^^^ NICE Lax!

Who’s got the highest mileage on a Toyota engine in the club? (probably it’s own thread?)

^^^^ NICE Lax!

Who’s got the highest mileage on a Toyota engine in the club? (probably it’s own thread?)
^^^^ NICE Lax!
Think my 84 was well north of 300,000 when I got the 3.4 put in it. Course I put 4 22r’s in it to get therelol

^^^^ NICE Lax!

Thanks Drew!! What's yours at??

And wow, doesn't look that bad in person but I need to do a little dusting!!

Thanks Drew!! What's yours at??

And wow, doesn't look that bad in person but I need to do a little dusting!!

Mine has rolled 342k :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom