What have you been doing with your Toyota? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally made it in to caruthers! Been wanting to do that trail for awhile . Recommend this one
4D1E14F2-1446-4C98-B912-CD0066553718.jpeg

@JohnnyOshow22 did I see you and an FJcin paradise valley around 4pm?
That was me, @80SeriesCummins and @JohnnyOshow22 headed to Cooke city

Finally made it in to caruthers! Been wanting to do that trail for awhile . Recommend this one
This one has been on my list for a while.. did you head up with the crew that was going up there this weekend? Someone sent me an invite that was on FB.

Got cut off by a local, drove past a couple lakes, tried to fish and failed, so I took a nap in the sun and got super sun burnt. Then battled the wind on top of a mountain

IMG_3831.jpg
IMG_4050.jpg
IMG_3674.jpg
IMG_4027.jpg

That was me, @80SeriesCummins and @JohnnyOshow22 headed to Cooke city

This one has been on my list for a while.. did you head up with the crew that was going up there this weekend? Someone sent me an invite that was on FB.

Got cut off by a local, drove past a couple lakes, tried to fish and failed, so I took a nap in the sun and got super sun burnt. Then battled the wind on top of a mountain

View attachment 2399252View attachment 2399253View attachment 2399254View attachment 2399256
I did, wasn't able to make the fisher lake trip on saturday busy making sauerkraut. Need to get in there, guy with a fj cruiser had a stick get on top of his fuel tank and broke the fuel hardline. really freaky and he was shut down. Those locals are getting pretty uppity, better be careful. What did you think of that trail, my back told me it was a lot rougher this year. Should be lots of pics and video on fb. A fj cruiser made it to mtn ben! only damage was a cracked tail light lens(does have guards over them though) broken front fender flares and a few extra paint mods. overall unscathed considering

Hey Aarron, forgot to add that the group went night wheeling while camped at red lion. 1 of them had the joy of the earth opening up under them as an old mine shaft collapsed! Only dropped a front tire in but was pretty sketchy looking at the pics, if you know Shaggy he and another guy was able to pull them out. Have a feeling the swb 40 would'nt have faired as well. Really neat area over there and lots of trails, need to take a few trucks and make a trip there

Hey Aarron, forgot to add that the group went night wheeling while camped at red lion. 1 of them had the joy of the earth opening up under them as an old mine shaft collapsed! Only dropped a front tire in but was pretty sketchy looking at the pics, if you know Shaggy he and another guy was able to pull them out. Have a feeling the swb 40 would'nt have faired as well. Really neat area over there and lots of trails, need to take a few trucks and make a trip there

yeah ive been meaning to make it out in that area for quite some time. Just never seems to have the right timing.

Not really very far over there, little over 2 hours in the 40. I'm going to try and get over to fisher lake since i missed out on that one this summer yet. Going to put the 40 on the lift and see what all loosened up on caruthers as i've got a few more creaks and growns, also the steering loosened up a bit. The guy that busted his fuel line is doing caruthers today I believe then I think him and Shaggy are doing north meadows tomorrow. I'm supposed to go but waiting to hear from a mechanic if he's going to make it here tomorrow. Guess I better get out and get to work on the 40

Finally made it in to caruthers! Been wanting to do that trail for awhile . Recommend this one View attachment 2398927
Went to caruthers this weekend. Started off with an overheated cummins, fixed some fan wiring and we continued on. Was a fun trail and made way more fun and challenging in 2wd. Front diff sounds like shes about to blow up so this whole summer I have been putting in my front driveshaft at each trailhead and taking it out for the voyage home. Friday night I got a bit lazy and started up the trail without the front shaft. It is truly amazing how far you can go in 2wd with a locker. We made it 99% of the trail, easily, before being stumped on the last rocky loose climb up to caruthers lake, out came the winch and we were at the lake shortly after. My power steering also died 3/4 of the way there so that made the end way more intersting too. We camped right at the dam where the massive fire pit was. Saturday we hiked up to Mountain Ben Lake. @elkun1 did you know the trail on the north side of caruthers continues on to mountain ben? We did not know and the section between Caruthers and Mountain Ben looks like a fun knarly double locked crawl up there, similar in spots to mckelvey but steeper. Saturday afternoon we fished the inlet into caruthers and had fun catching little cutthroats. Came back today, fun trail, great lake. Will definitely be back
IMG_20200814_200646.jpg

IMG_20200815_153813.jpg

MVIMG_20200815_123756.jpg
20200816_095817.jpg

IMG_20200815_074121.jpg

Lunch spot on the Magruder Corridor... Burnt Knob Look out iirc.
40a816f3-0be5-435a-88ef-cdc089faa280-jpeg.2402029

Matt, obligatory night shots or it didn't happen.

Crossed a few things off my to-do list this weekend. (Tired of moving the lights around my work bench every other day!) Tucked the puddle light strips up high hoping they don't rip off this winter when the ice chunks grow under there.

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

IMG_4806.jpg

Happened last weekend but I fixed the power steering finally. I had sprung 2 leaks simultaneously but did know it so I fixed the low pressure line I knew was leaking out, put it all back together started it up and then it started puking again. Luckily is was the other low pressure line so life was easy. @ttFJC I think these line have been the culprit of my leak from the Morrison lol. One of the two I believe was original to the truck. At 336K I really can't complain about Toyota's choice in hose.
IMG_20200823_135254.jpg

Happened last weekend but I fixed the power steering finally. I had sprung 2 leaks simultaneously but did know it so I fixed the low pressure line I knew was leaking out, put it all back together started it up and then it started puking again. Luckily is was the other low pressure line so life was easy. @ttFJC I think these line have been the culprit of my leak from the Morrison lol. One of the two I believe was original to the truck. At 336K I really can't complain about Toyota's choice in hose.
View attachment 2418698
about time johnny

Yes that poor craftsman deep 12mm is still holding my bypassed rear heater lines together. I actually looked at it the other day and was still leak free and doing a fantastic job

I converted to a GM 3-wire alternator from a 1-wire and solved the charging issue I've had since getting the truck. Having a functional electrical system let me try something new: driving the 40 when it's dark. So, I knew the headlights weren't going to great, but I was not prepared for how absolutely inadequate they actually are. It was real bad. Why would anyone think it's okay for that much light to be spilling into the engine bay, out the hood louvers, and directly into the driver's eyes? So, needless to say, I'm shopping for a headlight upgrade.

I knew the headlights weren't going to great, but I was not prepared for how absolutely inadequate they actually are. It was real bad. Why would anyone think it's okay for that much light to be spilling into the engine bay, out the hood louvers, and directly into the driver's eyes? So, needless to say, I'm shopping for a headlight upgrade.

this isn't right, how about some pics of your headlights? I don't see how any light is going into the engine bay out the hood louvers, if all the parts are there and in the correct position.
I just drove my 1965 to work at 4AM and I don't have any of those issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom