What Gear Oil is everyone running in 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a dealer?

I'm not a dealer but I joined the membership program. It's only like 10 bucks for 6 months and saved me nearly $50 my first order.

If you join my referral number is: 30041983

What they said, with this addition:
My truck shifts noticably better since I started using Valvoline MaxLife ATF. I swear by that stuff for high mileage transmissions. My 80 has close to 250k miles, and my 2005 Honda Odyssey has 210k. The transmission in each vehicle got noticably smoother after I switched to the MaxLife ATF.
YMMV.

Do you ship?
You would be better off finding it locally.
I became a dealer to offer decent pricing to our local club members and because I use their products. I don't profit from it.

I use whatever is in the shop, 80-90 gear oil of some sort. last time I needed trans fluid I lucked out and had a few qts of Toyota stuff lying around

this is good stuff

71wSMnnVzcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Not a lube expert, but that German 75W lube above does not appear to be the correct viscosity for the 80 series transfer case or diffs. Looks like it may be used in some late model Tundra transfer cases that call for that specific weight??

Canola, olive oil is overrated.

stupid question here.... I recently regeared and just finished my break in period. I now need to change the gear oil. I have a few Nitro 80W-140 bottles that I was given.... the 140 seems high from what I am reading here and other places... is that right? Should I just go out and get a synth 75w-90? Ive also read that folks are running 2 different weights as well a 140 in the rear and a 90 in the front.... totally confused here....

Thanks.

Any thing in a squeeze pack. Forget pumps me bottles. It will change your life.
Walmart. Valvoline synthetic is my go to.

Get mine at Atwood's the 2 gallon jug. Get in water and change as needed or once a year.

stupid question here.... I recently regeared and just finished my break in period. I now need to change the gear oil. I have a few Nitro 80W-140 bottles that I was given.... the 140 seems high from what I am reading here and other places... is that right? Should I just go out and get a synth 75w-90? Ive also read that folks are running 2 different weights as well a 140 in the rear and a 90 in the front.... totally confused here....
You're overthinking a simple equation.
75W90 for front, center, and rear. If you like synthetic oil, use it. If you like analog oil, use it.
The key is to have fresh oil in there after the break in period.

After reading this and other threads, I decided to go with Mobil 1 @ $10 per qt at pep boys (on special). But thinking of going with Chevron Delo next time since I've seen this to be one of the cheapest synthetic gear oil out there. Considering how much the LC takes, I'd be saving a couple bucks considering the transfer case takes 1.4 qts and the differentials 6.4qts combined (F:3 qts, R: 3.4qts). Hate that I can't find gallon sizes near my area.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 6.52.14 PM.png

I am running 80W-90 in diffs... is that wrong? Planning to change t75w-90 in the xfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom