What did you do with your truck today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Better lube up your winch and put on some bigger gauge power cables! Oh, and carry a few extra alternators and batteries too. haha

IMG_0059.JPG
Finally made some progress on the 80 project.

I picked it up in august. bone stock 96 w/o lockers and a blown head gasket.

Went to the junkyard for a replacement control arm. Apparently I didn't make it up 15 unscathed.

I also cleaned and painted my e-locker housing and matching front diff. I need to order axle seals and a few other odds and ends. Hopefully I'll be locked in the rear by next weekend. I wish I could go ahead and get a locker in the front, but it's not feasible at this point.

IMG_8940.JPG

Making some progress.
IMG_8957.JPG
IMG_8999.JPG

View attachment 1346277 Swapped my medium rear springs for heavies... no more driver's side lean!
Hey, which springs did you get ?
My 3rd Gen 4runner has factory 80 rear springs in it now as part of the lift kit and I noticed it is sagging on the drivers side. nothing is vroken, so I want to know what to replace it with . please advise

My 3rd Gen 4runner has factory 80 rear springs in it now as part of the lift kit and I noticed it is sagging on the drivers side. nothing is vroken, so I want to know what to replace it with . please advise

Hey dude! I got the OME heavy load springs, its the 863. I have an extra set of stock springs in my garage, but since you have those already, you may need to get an OME set. OME makes a set of stock height springs that are rated for a heavier load than stock, but they don't net more than 1" or so. I am not sure of the part number, I think it's 862?

Good luck man!

Andrew, how much lift are you running currently with the 80 series springs? If you are looking for a set of replacements, and you don't want to go back with the 80 series springs then you could get the 4Runner specific springs. OME 906 will get you 2", 890 will get you 3" (normal loading) and 891 will get you 3" (loaded heavy, or probably close to 4"+ if loaded normal but will be harsh)

If you want to stick with the 80 series springs, the ones that @Tennessee80 is referencing are the "stock height" rear 80 replacement springs and are OME 862s, but they typically net 1" lift over stock on most 80s, so you will likely net 1"+ over where you sit right now in the rear if you use those, especially new.

If you are looking for a quick fix and are happy with the ride, then I would just measure the sag and throw a puc on top of that coil to make it up and rock out.

@FJCRAWLER, It does seem that way doesn't it. I couldn't get both axles to fit at the same time though. :hillbilly:

@pillguy
I've had the OME 891 springs under there for the better part of 4 years. I swapped out for a short time for used 80 fronts, but felt they were too soft for my liking. It was probably more of a shock/spring mismatch in my case though (I installed Bilstein tundra shocks at the time too).
Like Matt @jynx said, the 891 give about 3" and handle heavy load. I have added a couple of the OME trim packers on top of that for a little extra height in the rear.

New axle seals installed and tested the actuator. I probably should have done that before tearing out the old stuff. Good news. It works.

Mine has the same issue and has had it through three different sets of springs, I've ran OME 890, 80 series, and now a set of ToyTec super flex heavies, at this point I don't think there is an answer, some 4 runners just lean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom