What did you do with your truck today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hacked away at the OBA project some more today; York, bracket and pulley are in! Waiting on a few small parts to finish the manifold, zero progress on the electrical side.
-4jzj6ra1QBOseGoltbVs1StxHCNHbbWdHdP5rdelAS0fiQb_chSoLEOSyBeehCT-8pBXOY8DJqVPInNdtOzJ9ooCKnj43O1fY8mMClOKkkXDzBICl4IGYWM6MUhZUVhz2HcdxU_YdIN2qZnF_4CobbQ6wXJMsBmpefqrLuG7nbSd-7chp70_Jt7hGe0SANicQBgc3NXW4e-ltYItXTWIC8VWiH_yP90hzJGahih1-ZK7B6oQeGmwbOlPVNPg9D9EiuMWvuD0spBkuLLNuh_Uq6S5TpkmikAp3eJLeLp0Vx8coR4cidP_IX1gycVq_L5B5kdQ8chmqI2VKHbSfTqeKpFxdKOyrqQhEdjfJnKf-a9QEKGkNq2XIhL5l18fFT16h04IVGOfSKeLU5Qz45cl956oNJc7NvKQn0Wx71W_OyAxqfLgG2bVZxqPcBot7Xfy0LNQjvPfQ5_o4t34pRQaYsViGZTtyvTdECapO91PdbwfoXrFU1h9qDNyz4duRYET4ZoSJ-LvsG2dBAgBfo-ZcRdWqN9ieuERr_c-RIPFDLTFahrTgcixAjRf7idgPHNYAIFpNCZ7sYref_bzfboMlbk_C8DgnmJW9naP-lP0twMiw=w847-h635-no

You using the Whit's End setup for the York install? Looks like it is coming together nicely.

All I did was actually drive the 4runner for the first time (past the end of the driveway) since the end of September....

More e-locker wiring for me.

You using the Whit's End setup for the York install? Looks like it is coming together nicely.
Yes it is, its come together nicely so far. The tensioner pulley isn't in line, so I have to get a spacer to bring it out a little, I'd read that from other folks so not a surprise, just don't have any suitable spacers on hand.

Looks good Rock, guess you're ready for Golden Mountain then. What Line locks did you install?

Thanks , a lot of thought and time went into this process. The perfect rotor for this was an 07 FJC rear rotor. Fit right on the axle shaft with no modification. But the brake pad surface was to small for the 87 front rotors. I am going to get brake hoses made after the New Year, just to clean it up a little. I think O'Reilly's can make them in house.

Yeah man, I've been ready for GM for awhile now. I don't understand why no one likes/wants to go there anymore. We should have at least one event there a year. I know Southern has the "Dixie Run" but it gets crazy then. Maybe next year we can have it on the calendar.

I used Biondo line locks. They have a 5 star rating/ review and cost just over 50 bucks. When they are both turn on, I can't get it to move in low low. So I am hoping they will hold when needed on a side of a hill. I guess I'll find out.

Ok...I went crazy this afternoon, after doing a bunch of non-related things I fixed one aggravation. Replaced the rubber grommet on the hood prop rod, so the vibration it introduced previously should diminish. ON deck, swap calipers/distributor, look into seutp of normal CS144 in lieu of the 1 one CS 144 I have, troubleshoot my power seat wiring, install some cargo tie-downs in the rear bed, install the plumbing and stuff for electric air compressor... and some other stuff. Then look into addressing the rear brake shoes (non ability to stay quasi-adjusted).

Might be putting it up today in the mud fj55 classifieds section. I'm still debating on the price. It's a '76. It's pretty solid without the typical rust although it does have some. It was stored indoors for a good bit of its life. It's running with a rebuilt donor 2f. However I have the original 2f with ALL the original smog items. It's a great candidate for restoration and if I don't get what I want for her I'm just going to keep her.

The locker retrofit is done! I may have torn up some grass in the yard when I tested it out.

Elocker harness connection. My homebrew harness is the small clean loom. It runs up above the gas tank.
IMG_9355.JPG

IMG_9363.JPG

Then through this plate under the rear seat.
IMG_9364.JPG

No pictures, but I ran the harness along the body harness on the driver side and into the drivers side kickpanel. The ECU was mounted behind one of the other ECUs above the drivers footwell.

Here's my new "secret button". I relocated the CDL switch as well.
IMG_9367.JPG

And while I was at I installed a new blend door servo. Mine had stripped the nylon gear.

IMG_9383.JPG

The 4Runner is all ready for the New Years Ride now.

Good job man, can't wait to hear how you like it on the trail.

New shoes for the GX that will eventually go on new wheels when I get them cleaned up and repainted.

1223160927.jpg

1222161904.jpg

And I got her a hitch that I'm gonna try to get installed this weekend.

1222161904a-1.jpg

She's starting to take shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom