What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was lucky that I picked up my seats direct from the American distributor and he walked me through the process and we talked shop for a hour he is a great guy. His name was Toby you can order direct from him out of Portland Oregon.
Yeah - I met Toby. Butt testing the seats at his warehouse is what convinced me to buy a pair.

We are at war, it all started with total surprise 7 heavy rockets shot at Jerusalem.

Sirens blared in meany Israeli cities including Tel Aviv as the Iron Dome missile defence system intercepted Incoming Gaza Hamas and IS rockets in the sky 3000 rockets were fired on Israel

Left is Iron Dome

View attachment 2676949

I left my wife in the bomb shelter, we planed this tour a few weeks ago the last tour for the season. meany canceled their participation and didn't show

In the morning I found oil near the driver side front wheel on inspection 2 nuckel studs were toasted I installed new OEM ones 2017

Had to stumble slowly back home to the bomb shelter :confused:

View attachment 2676961View attachment 2676964View attachment 2676963View attachment 2676965

Need to learn how to fix this

Prayers from over here...🙏

We are at war, it all started with total surprise 7 heavy rockets shot at Jerusalem.

Sirens blared in meany Israeli cities including Tel Aviv as the Iron Dome missile defence system intercepted Incoming Gaza Hamas and IS rockets in the sky 3000 rockets were fired on Israel

Left is Iron Dome

View attachment 2676949

I left my wife in the bomb shelter, we planed this tour a few weeks ago the last tour for the season. meany canceled their participation and didn't show

In the morning I found oil near the driver side front wheel on inspection 2 nuckel studs were toasted I installed new OEM ones 2017

View attachment 2676961View attachment 2676964View attachment 2676963View attachment 2676965

Makes my problems seem pretty damn small. Stay safe.

On a whim day trip to Bowman Lake. Can't believe I've lived in the bay area my entire life and never knew all this area existed. lol

1621300351241.png

1621300361897.png

Left is Iron Dome

View attachment 2676949

Stay safe, hopefully things get back to normal quickly.

Did I pass you out there last week. I think it was Wednesday morning when I passed 3 cruisers at Capitol reef. Two 80 series and a 60 series.
We were out there on Saturday, so looks like another group.

Love that area but been a while. Is the area north of the butte still pristine or trashed now. Like your in Mars out there. Amazing colors.
Its not too bad, lot of tread marks in some areas with folks with ATV's, but mostly pristine.

Lake is very low it seems. :(
That was where I took my family camping in the 80 for the 1st time. Some pictures for you:

Reactions: b16
Indicators are hyper flashing, but I have a CF13 relay with adjustable resistance on order so will fix that soon

So the OEM Toyota part is a CF13 relay, and that's what I bought. Toyota install a jumper to relocate the L terminal to the opposite side. The effect of this is to swap the E and B terminals side to side. Instead of messing about with the jumper you can just buy a CF14 relay which is built like this in the first place

I dispensed with the foot part on the relay. I'm sure there's a good reason for it being there, but without the tabs to lock it onto the relay I figured it was just complicating matters

New unit is pretty lightweight, and the click is significantly quieter than OEM. Who knows how long it will last. However the adjustability of the thing is wonderful to get your flash rate just right regardless of the precise spec of your LED turn signals

Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 10.58.37.png

I taught my daughter how to change spark plugs on the 80 series . She is 12 and I bought this to teach her how to fix a vehicle before she can learn how to drive . I order brake components yesterday so we get to tackle those coming soon ( they are very sticky at times).

Hope that you and your family stay safe during these bombings.
Can you please start a chat thread that gives first hand account on what's going on there before RustyB does the research and starts his own thread.
Thank you, the staff.

Left is Iron Dome

View attachment 2676949

reconditioning my old center caps. I may use them or I may just pack them up to keep with the truck. Used "brass" model paint and paint syringes which seemed to look great! Duplicolor Silver wheel paint, and will later clear coat after the gold dries.
The brass color seems to have a bit more silver or sheen to it than a normal gold metallic. Frankly, I still prefer the knock off versions I got from the bay for $50 bucks.

View attachment 2676016

View attachment 2675975

View attachment 2675999View attachment 2676010
The ebay knock offs were pretty good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom