What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the failed vsv to clear my P0401 code.
Also relocated it to somewhere easier to service from.
E4731D6B-22B1-47B5-B6F1-C4577C981428.jpeg
02242D1B-15EB-4980-A383-A25757366C39.jpeg
C25EA96F-E1E2-407C-92E4-563AF5F71B65.jpeg
803A93DB-5394-43DF-8046-1619E95FBF4C.jpeg

Niiiice! cant wait to copy you. The top design of the highland feet isnt bad, might wanna echo that after taking out a chunk. Slice off top, cut out 2" then weld or bolt through both plates.

Been a lot of head scratchin over my rack design, im dumping it. You gotta name it man! Keep us posted... here's to Budget builds :clap:and old fashion ingenuity

Not a bad Idea. I kind of like the elevated tie down points. I may save the tabs I cut off and use them as brackets for shovel/maxtrax mounts

A slightly more recessed panel on the driver side, would give great room for hanging items towards the outside.
That is my plan. I few spacers and it would move in. He left lots of adjustments in the system.. I am going to play with it for a few weeks before I get it all powder coated

Did new seat gears last night. Them are moving as smooth as butter now.
4C57C8C8-D8AE-496D-AEC7-CD2F8A0095DF.png

I need to research how to do this. PO gave me the gears.
its super easy. Step one - get a tasty beverage of choice and disconnect from the family for an hour.

and Ryan has a tutorial...

And my advice is buy two sets. One set comes with two gear and caps - that will take care of one seat not both. And you do not need to use heat on the plastic gear wheel. you can use a slightly larger than diameter deep socket and press the gear off the rod using a bench vice. There is an index / keyed side to the rod, not sure what it does, just be mindful of that.

Last edited:
its super easy. Step one - get a tasty beverage of choice and disconnect from the family for an hour.

And my advice is buy two sets. One set comes with two gear and caps - that will take care of one seat not both. And you do not need to use heat on the plastic gear wheel. you can use a slightly larger than diameter deep socket and press the gear off the rod using a bench vice. There is an index / keyed side to the rod, not sure what it does, just be mindful of that.

Thanks!!

or you could buy later manual cloth seats and never deal with the gears again...........;)

Finished up Wits End QPM for a local member. Managed to fit a Redarc Solar controller, 2nd battery, 1100w inverter, fuse box and Blue sea charging relay.

I was very impressed with the QPM. I’ll personally be doing one in the future.

808D3DFD-CFB6-46CA-8103-099D217A5641.jpeg

Over 800 miles last four days, over 40 off road. Few cases of beer consumed, three bottles of liquor, 8 burgers, two steaks, one trout (caught) and plenty of time around the fire.

Cruiser gave no problems and averaged 15mpg.

Cheers

Working on some new projects but also getting the Weboost Drive Reach cell booster ready for some remote testing. Big decision right now will be about either making the antenna permanent or movable. Available now at HuddExpo.com

View attachment 2061697

This booster is on my list once I start interior mods on the Turbo Test Mule.

Perfect time to do seat extenders while there 😉

Finished up Wits End QPM for a local member. Managed to fit a Redarc Solar controller, 2nd battery, 1100w inverter, fuse box and Blue sea charging relay.

I was very impressed with the QPM. I’ll personally be doing one in the future.

View attachment 2064698

Looks good! I'm waiting for the QPM's to come back in stock!

Where is the aux battery located? Long wire runs to that ACR if both batteries are under the hood.

What is the inverter going to be used for? I'm always curious as to why folks want/ need to run inverters when things like laptops and camera battery chargers can be 12v.

Over 800 miles last four days, over 40 off road. Few cases of beer consumed, three bottles of liquor, 8 burgers, two steaks, one trout (caught) and plenty of time around the fire.

Cruiser gave no problems and averaged 15mpg.

Cheers
Pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom