What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (127 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lol @ 55-series tires and 22s on a rig with portal axles

And like all G-Wagens, not a spec of dust to be seen. I don't understand the fascination with G-Wagens. I have seen ONE ever with dust on it, with a full drawer set and stuff in the back. Maybe in other countries they are more utilitarian but the only ones I ever see are clearly just status symbols.

And like all G-Wagens, not a spec of dust to be seen. I don't understand the fascination with G-Wagens. I have seen ONE ever with dust on it, with a full drawer set and stuff in the back. Maybe in other countries they are more utilitarian but the only ones I ever see are clearly just status symbols.
tons of G-wagons mall crawlers in Socal. Personally i have only seen one went offroad, and it was quite capable.

I love the G-Class. I'd buy the last of the 2018 G63 if my bank account could swing at $200K. Only crappy thing is the lack of aftermarket support to stuff 35s reliably along with all the complexities due to electronics. I really don't like the C-Class tires/wheels on it from factory.

I love the G-Class. I'd buy the last of the 2018 G63 if my bank account could swing at $200K. Only crappy thing is the lack of aftermarket support to stuff 35s reliably along with all the complexities due to electronics. I really don't like the C-Class tires/wheels on it from factory.

Could you honestly see yourself taking a G class off road..... one you bought with your own money? Heck I went for an 80 instead of a 100 because the 100's I test drove were "too nice" for me to consider off roading and getting scratched up.

I would do this in a heartbeat if it was a rental or someone else's... Getting back into the white leather interior after digging out might be a bit messy though.
upload_2018-12-14_14-17-37.png

upload_2018-12-14_14-20-12.png

We've done a few lifts as high as 4" on the GWagons. As far as radius arms we had to get the right angle to fix crazy wandering.

20181008_102313.jpg

20181008_105624.jpg

20181009_085857.jpg

IMG_20181009_102452_840.jpg

Could you honestly see yourself taking a G class off road..... one you bought with your own money? Heck I went for an 80 instead of a 100 because the 100's I test drove were "too nice" for me to consider off roading and getting scratched up.

I would do this in a heartbeat if it was a rental or someone else's... Getting back into the white leather interior after digging out might be a bit messy though.
View attachment 1854324
View attachment 1854326

Off-roading is not a priority for me. I don't even off-road my 80. Shock of the century!

If I could afford the $400,000cad for one of those G500 4x4^2 monsters, I could also afford a different vehicle to actually off road with. Then I could also afford to not give a crap if I only drove one of the coolest vehicles in production on paved roads.

Why would anyone like a car with body on frame, solid axles, triple locked, V8, High and Low transfer case gears, great approach and departure angles, narrow and relatively short, 4 doors, cup holders?

Why would anyone like a car with body on frame, solid axles, triple locked, V8, High and Low transfer case gears, great approach and departure angles, narrow and relatively short, 4 doors, cup holders?

So they can park it on their ultra low profile tires at Whole Foods?

Yeah, for that moolah, might as well spend it on one of these

20181124_205221.jpg

20181124_205233.jpg

20181124_205243.jpg

Only 18” of ground clearance. The woman who owns it is easily dominating Boston potholes. Sad that rust is growing on it as I write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom