What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (75 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There was a company our there that did the tie die. Can’t remember the name but the looked pretty cool and cost a pretty penny. Tryin my best to stay within a budget so I went with RTIC. No testing yet, but in a few months we’ll see how they handle the humid Ohio summer.
Im pretty sure orca did the tie die. It has wale tales for rubber staps too. I bought the tiffany blue one for my wife. Its the 24 quart, or 20 quart or whatever, but it rocks. Was 130 on sale on amazon one day.

When I think of whale tail I’m not thinking of a color.

IMG_1304.JPG
IMG_1297.JPG
I got these .........

Your Cruiser looks awesome. Is that Antique Sage Pearl (40th ann. color).

Great combo with the black.
Yea it was originally a gold LX. Had the clear coat flaking on the top and hood so I repainted antique sage pearl. Prolly my favorite color on these year models.

Maiden Voyage last weekend post lift bumpers tires and winch. Little River Canyon in Alabama

Maiden Voyage last weekend post lift bumpers tires and winch. Little River Canyon in Alabama

Nice!

Went through this hole at Silver Lake sand dunes a couple of years ago, water over the hood. The two guys trying to follow me both took in water and hurt their engines! I tried waving the first guy off but he ignored me.

Fusible links. And also getting and order in with my favorite Turkish parts man. Thanks Onur! :beer:

C,

Got your email and replied. Stock plus are in stock and can ship Monday.

J
Thanks! After going on the tough dog au site, it actually does say the foam cells are good for 0-50mm lift, so as you replied in email, no lift? no problem. Want to add 50mm later? no problem. Thank you for the prompt and helpful reply.

Nice!

Went through this hole at Silver Lake sand dunes a couple of years ago, water over the hood. The two guys trying to follow me both took in water and hurt their engines! I tried waving the first guy off but he ignored me.

oh yeah, those holes will get ya lol I drove onto the next island after that one without really realizing how deep it was... the 80 did fine of course but the Chevys behind me did back off :)

THE THREE MUSKETEERS......in the Deep South :
On the way South to the border.
Camels on the side of the road coming in from Sudan on a +1200 Km trek North to the camel market in Cairo.
DSCF4220.JPG

The Troopy is my friend's son first 4WD on his first Desert initiation trip.
IMG_1185a.jpg

The Camp site looking East
DSCF4247.JPG

Elba Mountain Range looking West, wishing for rain !
DSCF4254.JPG

Grups & Youngsters.......Happy Times
DSCF4275.JPG

Last edited:
Got tired of looking at this disgusting discolored trim piece around the sunroof controls.
00F9ABAA-332E-4AA0-BE30-0C1DD4B95C2A.jpeg

Instead of just repainting it or finding a newer one, decided to do it the hard way and found me one if these fancy setups!
DCF04F95-6FB1-48D8-B65C-66B8CA07E7DB.jpeg

Then got me some of these....
18655432-527E-4BFF-A3CC-71CA5E93891D.jpeg

ECE8D08F-49DF-4D3D-9315-8D6AB0C24CCB.jpeg

It’s great not having to deal with the busted floppy sun visors any more. Blocks out the sun like a boss now!
C6C6AA3A-CD3E-4F45-8C52-60F1D79DAA09.jpeg

@Aloha Jen Can you post more details on the upper console. It gave me an idea of where I could mount a radio face plate.

Figured I've spent enough time lurking here that I might as well post for once. I've been dealing with a low-idle issue for a while now (read: staring at my engine and looking up posts on Mud) and I think I've finally solved it:

IMG_20180218_151034.jpg

As I was going to check out the IAC valve, I noticed this big crack on my PCV hose. I removed the hose and plugged the PCV port on the intake side with a gloved finger, and the truck idled great, with no more super-low shuddery idle.

Considering the hose was about as hard as a stone, I think some new hose lines and a catch can are in my future. For now, this will have to suffice:

IMG_20180218_152646.jpg

Got tired of looking at this disgusting discolored trim piece around the sunroof controls.
View attachment 1636093

Instead of just repainting it or finding a newer one, decided to do it the hard way and found me one if these fancy setups!
View attachment 1636095

Then got me some of these....
View attachment 1636096
View attachment 1636094

It’s great not having to deal with the busted floppy sun visors any more. Blocks out the sun like a boss now!
View attachment 1636097
What happens to the visors that they get all floppy? Water damage? Mine are terrible too, but still closer to the bottom of the list then other items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom