What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (124 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, just emailed Jason at trail-tailor to make sure I order the correct ones. The foam cells have good reviews here, but I don't know if they will work with the stock set up. Says "up to 3" lift" on their site, so it's a bit vague if it will work with 0" lift.

Preparing for another 5 day trip next week to Anza-Borrego. Getting the windows tinted to reduce the in-cabin temps.

F924AFFB-6CE5-4A5F-998E-5D9125209797.jpeg

Preparing for another 5 day trip next week to Anza-Borrego. Getting the windows tinted to reduce the in-cabin temps.

View attachment 1635357
I did a UV filter layer on the windshield when I did mine. I'm have very fair skin so need all the UV protection I can get.

Sold some stuff on Craigslist last weekend that was just taking up space in my garage, and exchanged the profits for a new main engine wire harness. I don't need it yet, but when I eventually rebuild my engine it will be nice to start with all new connectors.

$450ish from several online vendors (just search the part #) and I certainly couldn't build it from scratch for anywhere close to that price. It'll just sit on the shelf for now :).

Harness 2.jpg

Harness 1.jpg

Yep, just emailed Jason at trail-tailor to make sure I order the correct ones. The foam cells have good reviews here, but I don't know if they will work with the stock set up. Says "up to 3" lift" on their site, so it's a bit vague if it will work with 0" lift.

I’ve got about 25k miles on my Tough Dog foam cells. I will be buying another set for my son’s 80. Imho, much better than the OME.

Thanks to Wits-End and Ram mount, I now have the best phone holding device and not a useless cup holder

20180217_115226.jpg

They make all sorts of colors, just like the other brands. Im 99% sure i dont use enough ice, its a great cooler, but not a refrigerator lol

There was a company our there that did the tie die. Can’t remember the name but the looked pretty cool and cost a pretty penny. Tryin my best to stay within a budget so I went with RTIC. No testing yet, but in a few months we’ll see how they handle the humid Ohio summer.

I got my 65 quart for 165 shipped on some sale. I like that its fde in color since thats the color my 80 is going to be.

My biggest complaint is the feet pull out of it easily if dragged. I need to figure out a glue that will stick to the feet, i think theyre silicone.

That’s a great price. Have you tried barge cement on those feet? Might be worth a shot

C,

Got your email and replied. Stock plus are in stock and can ship Monday.

J

It was a balmy 29°f here in The Ohio so picked up on my quest to sort out a code 52. I think I found the culprit:

81944AE9-C2E3-46E7-A819-E3709619BA47.jpeg

Clearly I did a sh’t job on the wiring last time I was in there. And also explains (hopefully) why my code 52 came back two weeks later.

Changing this wire ranks up there with the PHH and perhaps I was too busy cursing that I glossed over this part of the wire. Anyhow I opened up my harness a little to lengthen the visible area, found the above, then cleaned it and dialectric greased it and finally put a little more heat shrink. Fingers crossed this works.

So the weekend isnt over yet, but I pulled both batteries then the shroud and the radiator and then the harmonic balancer and the oil pump oring long stry short I did my crank seal, my oil pump oring my dizzie oring installed new belts,new OEM hoses new OEM radiator and a new to me charcoal can, and Im going to rear mount an odessey extreme 31 series in the rear, the 2 extremes I have now are a total of 140AH with my starter and the 31 Ill have 168AH to burn. So theres that. oh AND I installed the sequoia 150AMP reman alternator with photomans pulley and bracket sweet.

DSCN4538.JPG

DSCN4543.JPG

DSCN4545.JPG

DSCN4548.JPG

If only that mount also included wireless charging

Its not that hard to do. I bought a wireless charger of Amazon for around $10 then broke it open to repurpose the actual charging circuitry. It was significantly smaller than I expected. I don't have a Ram mount but can see why it wouldn't work just as well.

So the weekend isnt over yet, but I pulled both batteries then the shroud and the radiator and then the harmonic balancer and the oil pump oring long stry short I did my crank seal, my oil pump oring my dizzie oring installed new belts,new OEM hoses new OEM radiator and a new to me charcoal can, and Im going to rear mount an odessey extreme 31 series in the rear, the 2 extremes I have now are a total of 140AH with my starter and the 31 Ill have 168AH to burn. So theres that. oh AND I installed the sequoia 150AMP reman alternator with photomans pulley and bracket sweet.

View attachment 1635524

View attachment 1635525

View attachment 1635526

View attachment 1635528
Is that bracket still available?

Gave it a bath after the maiden voyage since lifting it and tire and bumpers and such.

IMG_1545[1].jpg

IMG_1546[1].jpg

IMG_1547[1].jpg

IMG_1548[1].jpg

How do you load video on here? Keeps telling me it is the wrong file type. What type is allowed?

Sold some stuff on Craigslist last weekend that was just taking up space in my garage, and exchanged the profits for a new main engine wire harness. I don't need it yet, but when I eventually rebuild my engine it will be nice to start with all new connectors.

$450ish from several online vendors (just search the part #) and I certainly couldn't build it from scratch for anywhere close to that price. It'll just sit on the shelf for now :).

View attachment 1635368
View attachment 1635369

That's a damn good idea.

I should say "your 80 looks awesome". I see it's an LX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom