What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (121 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
Got my rear (OEM) AC kit for my 97 cruiser it was expensive but worth itNow just need to look for a shop that customizes AC lines so I can get this working

View attachment 1537804 Got my rear (OEM) AC kit for my 97 cruiser it was expensive but worth itNow just need to look for a shop that customizes AC lines so I can get this working

Have you started a separate thread on this I am intrigued from other threads on the topic it is a very difficult job.

I'm sure someone knows this but I don't. Opened up engine bay after running just to check to see if I saw any oil and I saw this spot way down, not exactly sure if it's oil but looks like it. What would be leaking right there or over it?

View attachment 1537787

To be honest i cant see much from the photo but have you replaced your PHH recently?

That is in the general area of your leak. When i bought my truck the PO thought it had an oil leak. Turned out it was the PHH. Not my favourite first job on my cruiser.

Edit: worth checking how much coolant is in your radiator. Pull the radiator cap to check as the reservoir will give a false indication if the system is sucking air from else where.

New Bling!
On my latest adventure upon inspection I suffered some damage one of a few items was my rear sway bar.

View attachment 1534626

As luck would have it I had FedEx box with a new Whiteline 30mm rear sway bar waiting for me when I returned as part of a future handling package I was putting together.

View attachment 1534627

Not sure about the results but at 20% larger in diameter it should be harder to bend.:hillbilly:

No performance feedback as my plan is to do a thread on the total upgrade once its all done and tested.

Found the time to drive the 80 with the upgraded rear swaybar. I noticed the difference on the first turn without question, Im lovin it.
Adventure traveling the middle of the next week and because I drive the SAME F'n highways to get out of town I will be able to get a real feel for the performance change, Im stoked!

Just picked up these manual bad boys. They are from a 92 so will require so ingenuity on the seat belt. Drivers side has a tear, but I have seat covers.

IMG_2306.JPG

Awesome setup! Ordered one myself to follow your lead :beer:

Is the wood tray easily removable? I saw on FR's site that they don't recommend mounting it on the exterior of the vehicle because it's not waterproof and am hoping to just take the wood panel out (looks just like a retaining hex bolt?) when not traveling...
Yes it is here you go check this out

Next on the list from my carnage on the San Francisco River trip - Clifton AZ trip is my rear passengers flare. I was lucky to see it hanging after the river assaulted it before it fell off. I have a spare full set of flares but why when I can repair it.:rolleyes: Out with torch, scribe, awl, and a fresh supply of regular JB weld (I love that stuff). I had new push pins and socket on the shelf so I went with new. Some adjustment of the metal brackets and now it the tightest fitting flare on the 80.

IMG_5885[1].JPG

May not look pretty but much stronger than new with all the new found support.

IMG_5890[1].JPG

Like new :grinpimp:

IMG_5888[1].JPG

IMG_5886[1].JPG

Last edited:
Next on the list from my carnage on the San Francisco River trip - Clifton AZ trip is my rear passengers flare. I was lucky to see it hanging after the river assaulted it before it fell off. I have a spare full set of flares but why when I can repair it.:rolleyes: Out with torch, scribe, awl, and a fresh supply of regular JB weld (I love that stuff). I had new push pins and socket on the shelf so I went with new. Some adjustment of the metal brackets and now it the tightest fitting flare on the 80.

View attachment 1537862

View attachment 1537863

View attachment 1537864

View attachment 1537861
Happy to see another 80 series owner committed to the flares. Deflaring makes a lot of logical sense but it just looks so off to me!

It can sense the coming winter.

Haha. My 92 doesn't have a spec of rust on it either and has seen 22 Iowa/Indiana winters. I'm a bit obsessive about cleaning the undercarriage. Just a smidge...

View attachment 1537862

View attachment 1537863

View attachment 1537864

View attachment 1537861

The last time I did a flare repair on the late fzj flare (the plastic, not the fiberglass) I tried this 3m scotch weld adhesive. It is quite an investment because you need the applicator gun (had one from repairing snowmobile bulkheads with Lord adhesives-same gun), as well as disposable mix nozzles but this stuff is amazing strong. There is enough in the kit for several repairs.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Scotch-Weld-Structural-Plastic-Adhesive-DP8005?N=5002385+3293241357&rt=rud&ved=0ahUKEwjUv9Dz9qnWAhUE74MKHeBxDxoQFgi9ATAB&usg=AFQjCNGHIPxl57FWl7suxb6_Uab0WKngnA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom