What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The armrest fits aftermarket consoles on scheel mann seats in the 60. If you modify the outer seat rail and leave the spacing alone on the inner rail, you should have about 5 inches of space between the side of the seat and this VDP center console, and even more space with the stock console.

Scheel mann sell two types of arm rests, they are both 3 inches wide on the pad part. They offer a 0 offset bracket which puts the arm rest directly on the seat so it only adds 3 inches of width, and a 1 inch offset bracket that offsets the pad an inch to give you 4 inches of total added width. This is the 1 inch offset arm rest and ive still got an inch of room between the armrest and the console.

The passenger side will not fit an armrest, but the console is spaced about an inch or less from the edge of the passenger seat, so the console makes a great arm rest for the passenger since there isnt a hand brake on that side.

Gotta say, the arm rest is an absolute game changer, and if you are planning on changing your seats, figure out an arm rest. Probably one of my favorite things ive done to the 60 to date.

42DDJdth.jpg

wAijytph.jpg

View attachment 3110544
A/C was recharged today.

Is your illuminated A/C button factory? Mine's been braille indicated since who knows when.

In my experience, the A/C performance of the HJ60 is second to only a retrofitted 1960's Caterpillar D5B which literally formed icicles above my head while disking a field on a hot day. The Toyota puts new cars' A/C to shame, but it sure does rob a lot of power from the 2H.

Is your illuminated A/C button factory? Mine's been braille indicated since who knows when.

In my experience, the A/C performance of the HJ60 is second to only a retrofitted 1960's Caterpillar D5B which literally formed icicles above my head while disking a field on a hot day. The Toyota puts new cars' A/C to shame, but it sure does rob a lot of power from the 2H.
The button light is factory.

Last edited:
Replaced the tie rod ends with the 4 piece Japanese made 555 kit from Cruiser Corps.

Free shipping! Ordered on 9/5, received by 9/9. Other places I saw these available wanted $20-$30+ for shipping and they wouldn't ship for a week.

The same parts OEM were closer to $500. These are $129. It also bothered me that the OEM parts said they fit the Camry too...

My steering was wandering a bit, and there was a rattle at the front end when I went over cobble stones. Both have been corrected by the replacement. Now I need to get an alignment and straighten the steering wheel.

20220911_153300.jpg

20220911_153254.jpg

$99 shipping to Canada!

Theres a small light bulb in that button that you can replace. Mine was dead on my old 4runner and it was the same way.

Replaced the tie rod ends with the 4 piece Japanese made 555 kit from Cruiser Corps.

Free shipping! Ordered on 9/5, received by 9/9. Other places I saw these available wanted $20-$30+ for shipping and they wouldn't ship for a week.

The same parts OEM were closer to $500. These are $129. It also bothered me that the OEM parts said they fit the Camry too...

My steering was wandering a bit, and there was a rattle at the front end when I went over cobble stones. Both have been corrected by the replacement. Now I need to get an alignment and straighten the steering wheel.

View attachment 3111964

View attachment 3111965

Oh man these plus refreshing the leaf spring bushings and the steering stabilizer were an absolute gamechanger for the steering of my 60. I have 4* caster shims in mine now and im sitting at 0* caster, i think if i was to get some 8* shims and put my caster at +4 it would drive like a damn near brand new truck

We don't call the AC button instead it's the "Anti- Turbo" button.

The A/C was fun while it lasted. Yesterday it dumped freezing cold water all over the driver side floor board while I was driving, not a fun sensation. I think the evaporator core is clogged.

Could be a clogged drain line too. I fixed up my AC that didn't work for ~15 years and about 2 hours into my first trip with it on, I went around a corner and it dumped out of air registers into both floorboards. Turned out to be a clogged drain line that goes through the firewall into the engine bay. Unclogged it and all good.

The A/C was fun while it lasted. Yesterday it dumped freezing cold water all over the driver side floor board while I was driving, not a fun sensation. I think the evaporator core is clogged.

Easy fix. Push a stiff piece of wire up from the drain while standing out of the leak path.

Nothing is broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom