What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, they are the 426016026203 70 series wheels in 16x6 with 255/85-16.

They drive great and I’m experimenting with tire pressures now.

Put everything back together since last weekend. Finished replacing all vacuum lines, installed new water pump, fan clutch, smog pump, power steering pump, and all associated belts and hoses.

Learned a few things -

1. while the smog pump hose routing may look self-explanatory, when it's all going back on routing the long hose back up to air cleaner isn't obvious. Make sure you take a picture and/or remember exactly how that works its way back up past the power steering pump.
2. The stock Toyota belt, which is super thick and nice, doesn't fit with @orangefj45's Saginaw pump conversion pulley. It's too fat. The one he provides in the kit was still in good shape, so I just reused it and now I have a nice belt if I ever rebuild stock pump...
3. Make sure the o-ring is where is should be when connecting up the Power Steering lines. Everything runs great, but the pump leaks like a sieve from the gap between the connecting bolt and hard line. Hopefully, it's just the o-ring anyway.
4. The new Aisin, red-hub water pump had threaded studs instead of threaded holes for bolts to attach the fan. I had to get some nuts from local hardware store, so that delayed me just a bit. Luckily, that's the last thing that goes on, so I could do everything else and save that for the last.

Happy I did everything, provided the power steering pump leak is easily fixed.

Changed the oil, then went for a drive down the beach to see if I could catch a couple of crays
2106FAA0-C4E0-4E06-8EBA-6DFE1D79E43D.jpeg

Installed a pair of the Koito Toyota headlights with the included relay. I removed a set of Hella euro H4. Initial impressions are good so far. Improved night driving experience. The Koito made in Japan lamps are far better quality than the Hella product. As others have stated before, this is a nice kit.
part # 81110-60P70

IMG_20200112_123016.jpg

IMG_20200114_080848.jpg

They’re truly awesome. I got my Hellas wet while hot and they cracked. The cutoff on the Koitos and the light output is better with a 55w bulb than the 80w off road bulbs in the Hellas.

Installed a pair of the Koito Toyota headlights with the included relay. I removed a set of Hella euro H4. Initial impressions are good so far. Improved night driving experience. The Koito made in Japan lamps are far better quality than the Hella product. As others have stated before, this is a nice kit.
part # 81110-60P70

View attachment 2182869

View attachment 2182870

Curious, does the high beam indicator work for you?

A friend used this harness in his pre 84 60 and the high beam indicator didn’t work. He used a little relay fix plug and it fixed it. Forgot where he got it, but I’ll find out.

A friend used this harness in his pre 84 60 and the high beam indicator didn’t work. He used a little relay fix plug and it fixed it. Forgot where he got it, but I’ll find out.

I used an LED for mine and it works perfectly. Just moreso curious. The original bulb was extremely dim when I tested, but wouldn't light the indicator up.

I finally put these wheels and tires on my rig. I‘ve had the wheels (TRD 17x7 flat black) sitting in my garage for over 6 months. The tires are 285/70 R17 KO2s effectively 33”. The aspect ratio looks nearly identical to the really old 31x10.5 BFG ATs I had on it.
Unfortunately I also recently discovered that I have a cracked cylinder head so that’s a major bummer. If anyone has recommendations for where to get a ‘new’ one let me know.
8AC28BE0-3292-4681-B6EA-3BE5C82451E3.jpeg

E11F1B1A-5B22-4EA7-A353-A44328C759C4.jpeg

Ideally try to find one with a matching casting number. A long long time ago i bought a used one from cruiserparts.net. It had a small crack and they sent me a replacement. I had a local machine shop hot tank it and rebuild it with new internals. It wasn’t too pricey and I installed it myself.

I finally put these wheels and tires on my rig. I‘ve had the wheels (TRD 17x7 flat black) sitting in my garage for over 6 months. The tires are 285/70 R17 KO2s effectively 33”. The aspect ratio looks nearly identical to the really old 31x10.5 BFG ATs I had on it.
Unfortunately I also recently discovered that I have a cracked cylinder head so that’s a major bummer. If anyone has recommendations for where to get a ‘new’ one let me know.
View attachment 2183242
View attachment 2183249

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom