What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How lifted is your rig? Tire size? Do you have a link for the shocks? I think I am ready to kick down for some new shocks and these look the ticket. I noticed they don't sell them on Ironman usa site.

I’ve got a medium height lift. They, like OME and others only make one size for 2-3” lift

Supposedly they will be available in US in February

4wd1.com was who I used via the live chat function and PayPal

@JHE4601 those rear storage panels look nice. I’ve been meaning to tackle a similar type, are you going to have tip-out storage or remove the whole panel with Dzus type fasteners?

Mounted up the old-style ARB I recently picked up on CL. Just need to swap on the winter wheels and check fluids before winter weather hits.

View attachment 1852268

I never had any clue as to the fact that the tow hook goes on that upright of the old style of bumper! I always wondered what those holes are for.

I never had any clue as to the fact that the tow hook goes on that upright of the old style of bumper! I always wondered what those holes are for.
Yeah, ARB provides a matching hook on the passenger side, and you relocate your factory hook to the driver’s. I’ll paint it at some point since it stands out against the black, but wanted to get things buttoned up the other day.

That's exciting! Not looking forward to doing this in the spring so I can paint mine. How bad were the rear quarters to remove? I haven't really found a good thread on doing it.

Thanks! It is exciting! Do you mean the windows? Piece of cake if you’re willing to cut the gaskets. I already have some non chrome replacements from racer65 to go back in.

Sticking with white?

Yep, sticking with the stock white. It’s classic, I dig it. Plus a full color change (done right) is so much more work.

Cheers!
-Ed

Checking out some areas in Little River Canyon Wildlife Management Area on a pond study. Poser shot at the lookout.

IMG_1390.JPG

One road crosses the river at a ford. I started in but chickened out. Tire is a 33" BFG.

IMG_1407.JPG

It’s more like what I didn’t get done weekend. Wanted to do the full install but this is as far as I got. I absolutely need the 60 next week and with work and a full social calender this time of year I just didn’t feel like I could get it done.
93081B18-3E91-4AFF-80BE-6927131BD060.jpeg

Just to get out of the house, drove to Sugarite Canyon State Park.

Moonrise over Johnson Mesa

005.JPG

There was a fire a few years ago. The distant mesa ridgeline on the far right is in Colorado.

003.JPG

We shot, a lot.
Four people brought over 50 rifles and pistols.

You need a trailer for all that ordnance. Too bad my M416 is already spoken for.

I believe I see a Thompson in that pile.

You need a trailer for all that ordnance. Too bad my M416 is already spoken for.

I believe I see a Thompson in that pile.
Yup, there was a Thompson. Fun to shoot. I have a 416 trailer, but we ended up using the Tacoma pickup bed mostly. I filled the back seat of big red and the rest were in the 40.

Yep, sticking with the stock white. It’s classic, I dig it. Plus a full color change (done right) is so much more work.

Man, you got that right! Trying to make my 60 white, and make it straight. Going well, the roof by far the worst. Look worse than it is tho. Hope to have the body ready in a couple of more weeks. The homemade rotisserie is really handy!
20181216_184501.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom