What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did my first connecting rod bearing from under the truck. Chuckling, I did one and then walked away. I was starting to loose light and I wanted critique that I’d done it correct before torquing and moving on.
It was definitely due... number 6 upper bearing was beginning to have wear around the oil hole.

A7D8662E-71DE-4616-BD82-4250B7B5E5B2.jpeg

DBEEE976-B911-4596-8C70-727928E3F5BE.jpeg

Hellfor stout? I'm interested in how you like it. Did you have a factory suspension before this kit install?
It seems to be made very well I already had their shackles 3”f/2.5r with re-arched w/added leaf. Ride is good as it can get

I installed the '62 version from BH3D 3 or 4 months ago. I used 3M mounting tape against the console and the shift cover. No screws. A life changer. Holds my DD 30 oz Yeti cup easily.
Last I checked - and it's been a while now - an FJ62 version wasn't available. It's good to know I can get one now that I finished my '86 FJ60 with FJ62 interior.

It seems to be made very well I already had their shackles 3”f/2.5r with re-arched w/added leaf. Ride is good as it can get
Awesome! Did you need to shim your axles to match the pinions? Are you running their shocks as well?

Last I checked - and it's been a while now - an FJ62 version wasn't available. It's good to know I can get one now that I finished my '86 FJ60 with FJ62 interior.
I just ordered an FJ62 version for my '86 FJ60. While on Brad's website I decided to check out his other products. Sure enough, he makes a double cupholder for my '76 FJ40's console. That console is pretty much worthless for holding drink cups, cans, or water bottles as is. So I ordered one of those cupholders also. Big improvements for a relatively small price. Can't wait.

Installed the ECE high/low beam lamps along with Susquehanna wiring harness. Took me around 6 hours for the total job. Three of the screws for the headlamp bezels were rusted in solid. Had to use penetrating oil, wire brush (for the exposed threads), and a propane torch to bust them loose. While I had the front torn apart I cleaned those hard to reach areas. I also, purchased new screws ans and attachment pieces for the grille & headlight bezels. My recommendations for someone going to do this task would be to purchase 8 new headlamp bezel screws along with the new attachment pieces for the grille & headlight bezels.

Glad I finally got around to doing this. The install is fairly easy. The biggest pain (besides the seized screws) was mounting the relays for the wiring harness. I mounted mine on the backside of the diagonal battery support, came out nice.

Collected all of the parts needed for the modified exhaust system on my '86 FJ60 with 3FE and H55f. I used the FJ62 exhaust for the break-in, but want to eliminate the outboard exhaust pipe crossing under the frame rail. Tomorrow I'm having a custom section fabricated from the 3FE exhaust manifolds to the FJ60 catalytic converter. Should be a clean solution. Later this evening I'll go fetch my tow dolly from the County RV storage lot and drive the FJ60 into place and strap it down. Then I'll remove the temporary FJ62 parts, install the correct heat shields, and install as much of the FJ60 exhaust system as possible, leaving the downpipes in place with the oxygen sensors connected. I'm using the like-new FJ60 catalytic converter, but it doesn't need the port for the thermo sensor. I tapped the opening with 10mm X 1.25 threads and installed a spare bolt using red thread locker. The first two photos are before and after.

Exhaust-Parts-1.jpg

Exhaust-Parts-2.jpg

This photo shows the parts I collected, including a short custom section needed between the FJ62 muffler and the FJ60 catalytic converter (on the right, next to the bagged parts).

Exhaust-Parts-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reinforced and reinstalled rear bumper after finding cracks in it after building the tire carrier a few weeks ago. Got the new axle installed in my trailer with 6 lug hubs and matching wheels. Fenders will come this week at @POTATO LAUNCHER. Removed and cleaned the cold start injector. Thanks for the info @POTATO LAUNCHER Hope this helps with the extended cranking at startup. Just a little bit more and I’ll be ready for some SAS #2

2A3F171F-2626-4210-AA3D-8A67E42987FD.jpeg

28A2BF9A-57E1-4696-9B25-76C3A275CD6F.jpeg

A7F198E9-35EC-4A1E-BB90-4468B3E714D5.jpeg

7FFDA92C-E906-4FC2-B8F9-1DA0C63B97E9.jpeg

He kept the skull. You can get them at 90% of the gas stations in Florida though.
Ha! That’s hilarious. I would never have thought that you could buy a skull at a gas station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom