What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oil change from Penzoil Full Synthetic to Rotella 15-40. Damn!! Should’ve done this a long time ago. Could be my imagination, but I swear it pulls stronger than it did before the oil change...

Was a busy weekend.
I will upload pic later.
Finally install the Man-A-Fre catback exhaust. and installed a new cat to match.
Next up was the brakes. Hand bent and built 3 new hard lines and removed the rubber lines and installed IPOR stainless lines. The hard lines had to be done since I found splices in them. While they did not leak, I also preferred not to have that and wanted clean lines.
Next was the drums and bleeding the brakes. Now all done and all set. I was thinking of replacing the master and booster, but both look ok. Maybe this fall.
Replaced all of the belts
Replaced the starter

Next for this week.
New battery cables (also prewire the second battery), drain and fill the Trans and Transfercase and new clutch master and slave. Then it will be the tie-rod ends. Heat and skid plates will be put back on. Fill the AC and then the mechanical is done for now.

Oil change from Penzoil Full Synthetic to Rotella 15-40. Damn!! Should’ve done this a long time ago. Could be my imagination, but I swear it pulls stronger than it did before the oil change...
. I know mine reduced oil consumption and engine compression smoke when I went to Rotella 5 or 6 years ago

Think of it like organ donation to a distant relative. My son is getting ready to sell his '01 Acura TL so he came up today so we could replace his windshield washer hoses under the hood. We discovered there is a check valve just before each squirter and both were broken. I remembered I had at least one from one of my FJ60 parts vehicles bagged up with some tubing connectors and thought I might have another still in one of my other parts FJ60s. Sure enough, I found both. They're now happily transplanted into a distant Japanese cousin and they work great.

I also installed the FJ62 power mirrors and taillight assemblies, and painted more of the driveshaft components for the '86 FJ60 project vehicle. I'll hopefully install the dash and Pioneer AM/FM/CD/cassette tomorrow. After work my son will help me bleed the brakes. When the dash, driveshafts, and brakes are done all I'll have left to finish is to dribble some oil on the rocker arm assembly, bolt up and connect the remaining engine components, and fire it up.

Meanwhile, on the '84 FJ60 parts vehicle, I removed the large exhaust hanger and the banged up/rusted front bumper. While the paint is drying on the '86 driveshaft components I'll start pulling the doors, liftgate, and front clip from the '84 so I can tow the body shell to its new home in southern Colorado on Tuesday.

Almost dumped her off a cliff about 20mins before this photo

20180408_140524.jpg

Picked it up! Flew up to Seattle, then began the 1500 mile drive back. This is my first Cruiser so I'll be leaning on this forum a lot (thanks to those who have already helped) to guide me through the many things I wanna do to it. Snapped a couple pictures on the way down, please excuse my brooding photographer act. Can't wait to meet as many of you as possible, looking forward to harassing you with questions.

-Mack

DSC_0293.JPG

DSC_0319.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

DSC_0359.JPG

Picture1.jpg

Gorgeous backdrops. Congrats on your first 60. It’s a good one to start with. :)

Welcome.

Can't wait to meet as many of you as possible, looking forward to harassing you with questions.

Ask away, there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here. It is always a good idea to to search first before you ask. Most stuff has been answered before.

please excuse my brooding photographer act.

The pictures are great, the forum loves pictures!

Nice looking 60, re-painted blue with the brown interior is different.

Picked it up! Flew up to Seattle, then began the 1500 mile drive back. This is my first Cruiser so I'll be leaning on this forum a lot (thanks to those who have already helped) to guide me through the many things I wanna do to it. Snapped a couple pictures on the way down, please excuse my brooding photographer act. Can't wait to meet as many of you as possible, looking forward to harassing you with questions.

-Mack

View attachment 1675058

View attachment 1675059

View attachment 1675060

View attachment 1675062

View attachment 1675063

Definitely need to see more pics of your 60, my first 60 was blue and I find myself drawn to them!

Now one forum etiquette pointer if I may. Your second pic posted appears to be of a bridge but there is no 60 in sight.

If your going to pull off some excellence with a
brooding photographer act
in the 60 section you have to try to get at least a sliver of your 60 in the pic. You know a taillight or bumper corner or such. Your 4th pic posted with the coastal scene reflected in the passenger side mirror..Now thats some brooding instagram pic excellence...;)

Welcome.

Ask away, there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here. It is always a good idea to to search first before you ask. Most stuff has been answered before.

The pictures are great, the forum loves pictures!

Nice looking 60, re-painted blue with the brown interior is different.

I wasn't sure about the interior before I bought it but it's really growing on me! And don't worry, I've become well acquainted with the search function...

-Mack

View attachment 1675058

View attachment 1675059

View attachment 1675060

View attachment 1675062

View attachment 1675063
Nice-A** 60 bud congrats! I love the OEM / dealer roof rack.

Took Friday afternoon off and started the weekend with a quick road trip to tree house brewing company for some cans. Tractor signs make me laugh when I’m driving the dinosaur.

Edit and P.S. - isn’t Massachusetts beautiful in the spring? Arghhhhh

I like the tractor sign, immediately followed by a horse/rider sign. sounds like Massachusetts is a good place
for a slow moving old dinosaur! At least your snow has melted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom