What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After ~2.5 years of ownership, and always wondering why the CDL took 15-30 seconds to lock and somewhat assuming this was normal, it took over a minute to lock on Sunday. Yes, I know I have the slow actuator leak, but for whatever reason I never connected the dots on the fact that no oil ever hit my driveway. Eventually, I'll get the time and courage to drop the T-case and repair the seal. For now, I removed the cover and drained about 4-5 ounces of oil from the actuator. PITA getting the gear that comes out with it back in (on cover in picture), but I finally realized I could remove the shaft from the cover, install the gear, and replace the cover. CDL locks in under 2 seconds now. What a difference.

IMG_20181025_191013.jpg

IMG_20181025_190954.jpg

Did you fix the seals? Will fill back up

Did you fix the seals? Will fill back up
It's on the to do list, but it took a long time to fill (years). I suspect it may be leaking faster, so that may force the issue. Will probably use it as an excuse to do gears/lockers at the same time.

Install 5th gen 4runner N-Fab foot step.

Wife complain it's getting harder and harder to climb in. Don't have time to build a proper slider yet. Find this on Craigslist cheap and decide to give it a try for temporary fix. Throw away the OEM running board months ago after cutting the upper part.

Install both side in 15 minutes. All bolt line up like its designed for it.

Finished adding my passenger side tow point from Trail Tailor. It took using a chaser to clean out the rusted threads. This one sits close in to the exhaust pipe.

Location of the holes and closeup after cleaning up threads.
full

full

Tow point installed
full

full

Clearance with a 3/4" socket for reference
full

Clearance with the Chrome Exhaust Tip installed
full

Drivers side view for reference
full

FBE6FB0C-9D4E-4030-8CF5-38CF893B86FD.jpeg

Went wheeling yesterday with a buddy and his Jeep Commander. Lexus did great and the Commander had to work! Thought I would post a poser shot.

Is that barlow?

Clackamas River - LaDee Flats OHV trails. Some serious rocks is some areas for which I was not prepared to cross!

Finished adding my passenger side tow point from Trail Tailor. It took using a chaser to clean out the rusted threads. This one sits close in to the exhaust pipe.

Location of the holes and closeup after cleaning up threads.
full

full

Tow point installed
full

full

Clearance with a 3/4" socket for reference
full

Clearance with the Chrome Exhaust Tip installed
full

Drivers side view for reference
full

Nice! Keep the tip off ;)
Better departure angle clearance esp with the shorter angled pipe

Nothing major here. Steering wheel mod. Amazon Japan special here. Regularly priced at $450-ish and somehow snagged one last night for about $80. Was last one(more on the way)and when I went back to it, it was back to normal price. Feels and looks great! The maker is a company called REAL. Piano black ,leather wrapped and stitched.

The swap was very easy. Took me maybe 20-30min total for a first time go around.

SPC Upper Arms arrived and Toytec Boss 3” lift on the way.

BA832E9D-E08E-40FA-94BF-5A3AF0B138A0.jpeg

BCDEE110-0416-4057-B08F-D5C558724A90.jpeg

57507546-60FD-4C44-9EC4-7B5637F2D349.jpeg

214513DD-0D10-4CA4-81A1-246F4115C672.jpeg

3F6A7828-74A9-4C60-A865-B95DB132F39C.jpeg

Nice! I love those wheels. Instantly makes the interior look 10 years newer. Every time I see one I kick myself for not buying a black interior! I can’t find anything for the ‘08 tan (brownish grey) other than a refurb or mismatching cream color from a 100 Series :frown: *cue sad Charlie Brown music*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom