What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a no smoking ashtray insert. Figure it’d be a decent location for spare change.

It just fits in the ashtray?

BTW, what does your overhead console look like? (I noticed you have the mic button on your steering wheel) I just got a Lexus airbag and overhead console but now I'm wondering if the Prado ever came with all the required wiring for the overhead.

....and some pics of my LED tails

IMG_20180718_204050_1.jpg

IMG_20180718_204031.jpg

BTW, what does your overhead console look like? (I noticed you have the mic button on your steering wheel) I just got a Lexus airbag and overhead console but now I'm wondering if the Prado ever came with all the required wiring for the overhead.

View attachment 1748410
View attachment 1748409

Yeh, just a made to fit insert. Found on rakuten I believe via Suzuki Motors.

I’ll snap a shot of the console later. I have yet to use the mic button to be honest.

This one came with a Bluetooth head unit from Toyota so I can do phone calls with the iPhone. Bonus

Like the LEDs. Which did you get?

View attachment 1748410
View attachment 1748409
I see you also swapped out the tails to the darker set?

Removed dash and a few screws to remove leaking Evap core on wife’s gx470

View attachment 1745447

View attachment 1745448

View attachment 1745449

View attachment 1745450

Got all the bits in. Blowing ice cubes. Also installed a new dash while I was at it. Wife’s happy. It was 108 deg F today as I worked in the cabin. Thank god for TopoChico and Negro Modelo.

I will post a thread on this if anyone needs to do this. It goes well if you take your time and document/tag components.

B2207E36-51A7-41CE-B6F8-DF2886A95163.jpeg

E5ACD94F-FB29-41F2-B99A-AA7EEBC05850.jpeg

4207275B-63CA-48D9-B5E7-8C67EAB9BF7F.jpeg

7E9CFBE3-32E4-48CA-8479-7D4BE90253D8.jpeg

Yeh, just a made to fit insert. Found on rakuten I believe via Suzuki Motors.

I’ll snap a shot of the console later. I have yet to use the mic button to be honest.

This one came with a Bluetooth head unit from Toyota so I can do phone calls with the iPhone. Bonus

Cool, I don't smoke so interested in that.....plus I could route the wiring from it to power the overhead LEDs in the Lexus console. (It had LEDs built in so you can see the center console at night)

Like the LEDs. Which did you get? I see you also swapped out the tails to the darker set?

They're a set of smoked LED tails you can find on Yahoo Auctions or maybe even cheaper on eBay.
最新タイプ!120系プラドLEDテールライト オー... - ヤフオク!

Went to Pierson Park Road yesterday near Estes Park. I bought a book of 4x4 trails in Colorado and
EEDE894B-9886-4679-A0D7-022A3FC46EA0.jpeg
CB8C93CF-A031-4E9E-93AD-B78CDC34BFEF.jpeg
8E7F595E-55CE-40FC-9C3F-C4B8AEEF669F.jpeg
this was in there. I’ve only tried the “easy” trails so far and this was the first “moderate” one. I wanted to see how stock would handle. For the most part it was fine, I did shift into low for a tiny bit and I totally messed up the passenger running board. I probably could’ve chosen better tracks I am new to this so I’m good with it. Everyone says to ditch the running boards for sliders asap and I just confirmed something that didn’t really need reaffirmation. Anyway it was a cool drive but I will say in the book it goes through from roughly Estes to Meeker. The book was published pre flood when Estes got tore up. Now the trail ends at a halfway point and you just have to turn around and come back the way you cane. Seriously saw no other vehicle driving, saw two tents set up and two people walking. And this is in a book I bought. Loving the off road life. Those pics are not moderate anything I was clenched up too much to get pics of the rough parts!!

Went to Pierson Park Road yesterday near Estes Park. I bought a book of 4x4 trails in Colorado and View attachment 1751046 View attachment 1751047 View attachment 1751048 this was in there. I’ve only tried the “easy” trails so far and this was the first “moderate” one. I wanted to see how stock would handle. For the most part it was fine, I did shift into low for a tiny bit and I totally messed up the passenger running board. I probably could’ve chosen better tracks I am new to this so I’m good with it. Everyone says to ditch the running boards for sliders asap and I just confirmed something that didn’t really need reaffirmation. Anyway it was a cool drive but I will say in the book it goes through from roughly Estes to Meeker. The book was published pre flood when Estes got tore up. Now the trail ends at a halfway point and you just have to turn around and come back the way you cane. Seriously saw no other vehicle driving, saw two tents set up and two people walking. And this is in a book I bought. Loving the off road life. Those pics are not moderate anything I was clenched up too much to get pics of the rough parts!!

What is the name of the book you bought?

I installed the Diablo emergency water escape and rollover pontoon system since it is well into the middle of hurricane season here on the gulf coast.

460ij1x.jpg

Do you know if those will pass shaken? Or do you need to swap them out?
Cool, I don't smoke so interested in that.....plus I could route the wiring from it to power the overhead LEDs in the Lexus console. (It had LEDs built in so you can see the center console at night)

They're a set of smoked LED tails you can find on Yahoo Auctions or maybe even cheaper on eBay.
最新タイプ!120系プラドLEDテールライト オー... - ヤフオク!

So here is the new ashtray. Former owner didn’t smoke in the vehicle either and the old ashtray is still like new. But I liked the felted version as it’ll be quieter with spare change in it.

C1B76875-EBE9-4BDE-BDDF-C12C3EA80F56.jpeg

EDDF1E07-BEF9-444D-BBB9-CB3D40324143.jpeg

B7756177-FA57-4A03-B0C4-AF749292709B.jpeg

I got a new set of wheels for $110. It's a set from a 2016 4runner. Gonna see how they mate up to the 285/70s, hope they vlear as well as the factory wheels do.

0723182025.jpg

Thanks for the pics, that looks nice for us non-smokers! I think I'll order the same. Take a pic of your overhead console!! :wrench:

I just got my hands on an Alphard OEM steering wheel with all the controls i wanted....direct swap but I was only interested in the buttons. Now that it's arrived, I'm thinking it would look nicer than my current wheel.

i-img600x450-1529672741mynhp4871.jpg

Thanks for the pics, that looks nice for us non-smokers! I think I'll order the same. Take a pic of your overhead console!! :wrench:

I just got my hands on an Alphard OEM steering wheel with all the controls i wanted....direct swap but I was only interested in the buttons. Now that it's arrived, I'm thinking it would look nicer than my current wheel.

View attachment 1751335
That’s the same wheel I had on my old Alphard I just got rid of. I’ve also got the cruise control parts to go on it.

Nice, the cruise control bits should be the same. The android head unit I have "learns" functions for each button so I should be able to utilize all the buttons on it.

Nice, the cruise control bits should be the same. The android head unit I have "learns" functions for each button so I should be able to utilize all the buttons on it.

I still can’t figure out the mic button...

By the way, my overhead console is just the normal one. Lights, Sun glass holder and one button.

What did you pick up?

I’ve been checking out the Android unit myself. Not sure I want to give up the CD slot though. I’m an audiophile guy and about to start my new install. My Alphard was on point.

Have you had any issues with Android this far?

I ordered an IDrive Throttle Controller from Australia about a week or so ago. Just showed up and I got it installed. Taking it out for a ride now to see how she goes. I’ll report back.

BD0C3041-43FE-4213-99DA-06FD6C110581.jpeg

1FC5651C-8440-4154-8324-9B3A3C382035.jpeg

16595F6C-8D79-4013-B207-4D6287F13359.jpeg

Went to Pierson Park Road yesterday near Estes Park. I bought a book of 4x4 trails in Colorado and View attachment 1751046 View attachment 1751047 View attachment 1751048 this was in there. I’ve only tried the “easy” trails so far and this was the first “moderate” one. I wanted to see how stock would handle. For the most part it was fine, I did shift into low for a tiny bit and I totally messed up the passenger running board. I probably could’ve chosen better tracks I am new to this so I’m good with it. Everyone says to ditch the running boards for sliders asap and I just confirmed something that didn’t really need reaffirmation. Anyway it was a cool drive but I will say in the book it goes through from roughly Estes to Meeker. The book was published pre flood when Estes got tore up. Now the trail ends at a halfway point and you just have to turn around and come back the way you cane. Seriously saw no other vehicle driving, saw two tents set up and two people walking. And this is in a book I bought. Loving the off road life. Those pics are not moderate anything I was clenched up too much to get pics of the rough parts!!

Always wheel in 4L. Will save your ATF a lot of abuse. I also use 2nd start.

Those are interesting, but part of me is hesitant to put one of those on - I mean you're trusting a 3rd party vendor of a small electrical part with the control of your throttle...? Anyway, curious to hear your opinion. I know guys put them in 4Rs, but seems like the GX' V8 is well powered....

I ordered an IDrive Throttle Controller from Australia about a week or so ago. Just showed up and I got it installed. Taking it out for a ride now to see how she goes. I’ll report back.

View attachment 1751368

View attachment 1751369

View attachment 1751370

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom