What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took advantage of the 20% off ebay sale a couple of months ago and purchased the updated rear drive shaft.

Installed it today.

Should be clunk free now.

Today I removed the rear spoiler and installed the OEM 3rd brake light. Sourced it from PartSouq.com, Toyota P/N 81570-60081 - it arrived from UAE in 4 business days for less than $11 shipping. I'll do another post when I properly fill the holes.

Combined with having my peeling pearl white roof paint repaired & repainted recently, I can finally put my Gamiviti rack back on and get some lights for the rear w/o hassling with the spoiler.

full
Really like this. How hard was it to remove, was it stuck on with tape also? I think the spoiler is pushing wind down into my trailer

Really like this. How hard was it to remove, was it stuck on with tape also? I think the spoiler is pushing wind down into my trailer

It's easy to remove. There's 2 10mm nuts you access by popping off black caps at the top of the door. Pull off the upper trim from the door and you have easy access to the pigtail. Then, just pull the spoiler off - requires some force to break the double-sided tape. It took me longer to clean up the tape residue holding the spoiler and the door brake light cover than to remove the spoiler and install the new light - all told, less than an hour.

On mine, there are 3 holes drilled: 2 for the studs (3/8") and one for the pigtail (5/16"), I put some nylon caps on them with sealant. There's also 2 more locating holes with grommet + nylon bushing, I filled those with sealant until I properly patch all of the holes and repaint.

Which sliders are those? Look great

OPOR from Metaltech. After having them on for a few weeks I'm very happy with how they came out. Not just looks, but size, fit, etc. I bypassed the rivet nuts and with the help of @little_joe had the job done in about 5 hours, which included drilling 3 holes in the frame to through bolt the spots where the riv nuts would have gone.

What was your primary reason for doing this, the rear lights? I've considered it...

It's easy to remove. There's 2 10mm nuts you access by popping off black caps at the top of the door. Pull off the upper trim from the door and you have easy access to the pigtail. Then, just pull the spoiler off - requires some force to break the double-sided tape. It took me longer to clean up the tape residue holding the spoiler and the door brake light cover than to remove the spoiler and install the new light - all told, less than an hour.

On mine, there are 3 holes drilled: 2 for the studs (3/8") and one for the pigtail (5/16"), I put some nylon caps on them with sealant. There's also 2 more locating holes with grommet + nylon bushing, I filled those with sealant until I properly patch all of the holes and repaint.

Today I removed the rear spoiler and installed the OEM 3rd brake light. Sourced it from PartSouq.com, Toyota P/N 81570-60081 - it arrived from UAE in 4 business days for less than $11 shipping. I'll do another post when I properly fill the holes.

Combined with having my peeling pearl white roof paint repaired & repainted recently, I can finally put my Gamiviti rack back on and get some lights for the rear w/o hassling with the spoiler.

full
Report back on how water drains. I notice the spoiler seems.tonwork.well.enough by leaving a pair of down-washed streaked....similarly car washes blast through the spoiler and don't rinse well back there.....
I've wondered how spoiler less dies RE: drInage.

Sounds like that's the way to go with some platform racks too. Cool

What was your primary reason for doing this, the rear lights? I've considered it...

Partly for aesthetics (not a fan of spoilers on trucks), partly to make the rear of the rack more useful and accessible.

Got into a bad situation on a test run. Entering a trail, the southbound signage indicated it was a jeep trail. After awhile it narrowed down and there was a lot of off camber, blind climbs, rocks and loss of traction. After the point of no return, the northbound signage indicated it was 60" max width trail.

The gx470 handled it like a champ for being almost stock. I only have fj springs in the back and 255/80 St maxx tires. The running boards are still on.

I gained a lot of confidence in the vehicle, a lot of Arizona pinstripping, and a stronger desire for a locker. I may reprioritize skid plates over a lift.

Got into a bad situation on a test run. Entering a trail, the southbound signage indicated it was a jeep trail. After awhile it narrowed down and there was a lot of off camber, blind climbs, rocks and loss of traction. After the point of no return, the northbound signage indicated it was 60" max width trail.

The gx470 handled it like a champ for being almost stock. I only have fj springs in the back and 255/80 St maxx tires. The running boards are still on.

I gained a lot of confidence in the vehicle, a lot of Arizona pinstripping, and a stronger desire for a locker. I may reprioritize skid plates over a lift.

Where at? I'm also in AZ....

I used the 20% (up to $100) off eBay Father's Day code to snap up a set of the FJC TRD Pro (Bilstein 6112) suspension that was on liquidation a few months back. I missed that sale, but found many of them on eBay. The best was $644 with free shipping, with discount I got them for $544 shipped. Not a bad mod for the 04 V8 4runner with 255k on the clock...

Did the Tacoma washer nozzles, Toyota P/N 85381-04040, so much nicer than the stock 3-jet nozzles...

Did the Tacoma washer nozzles, Toyota P/N 85381-04040, so much nicer than the stock 3-jet nozzles...
Those three bangers are hilarious. Not sure why, but they make my fiancé crack up each time I use them. I find them comical too, over the top. I’d imagine they are more effective at clearing mud than the wedge-shaped mist type.

went for a drive:
IueAv-z16RU4ZcYHHa3skNx7gkvOIMjmhLoCuhnSqBeGHrcFS055yGBIH0GGFT1IvXDVAtDxpd0JFGne0Pw_m2da2FVvfDCXoOx3ovmqye2_m7OzVb3ELlL-d2c3m10xpY5mNW3m_Rhmei3Kg3nEAeVy-FHPUeri3Poa5Akime_pNrwLiRI_mBQXBvSzkGM4TgrPgxeHZqum0XDlOngIFuxEgIDr7voNV8Xzt-4SJnsI7zWLiKHm8TzTm0nT-0lMa8Pr7becf19CSqv_6vjU3wYg2T1MGrD0I_NtG0Ds6XVsaJnCE79e-7OaVjG8gIUG8njkRBETBHr0JzgLDpVqlGBwUTf2W0WpwCDgTIRt_At7qRcjTuonmAVLOBxpo2BAeVE2tgv2iKyM396TpOEGi_66dsdrJRCjV5KTWtaYd3TBSGGAGK4y-6E7i5EKgsaECHybaAaSTuJ4BK0C6ZvLcKtrfolE_WgoffdKc_Uyn-OBTASDwbrabt27uFRG6dtXjYD4t1kzU3pQ7BnjlLeqXuV6TF5b-pAYVGFK3qYXy-5bZV-32XOLOqV9-4vWccuHLp3fy9EtLw2lwlU9AzqtywngkOnrlDLRUaplF9Br=w1266-h949-no

xNkSglPXEuaZi9_js7Xrui9mP-Gtm9xhcTLVXUdpSONpH7qEvpt7_9EVM5IiECulXgKYiUOtP2AYzzmZCCBRv83qONk0zJ3ioN8l-1Yz_EmspdkNw-Xf7rCI4XUQAfFjM400UexDwZJy1Xw4ESlcFH8qiQs2_VFXz2hA_c7Zyw_MhjTVVSxtwlycdvBqT0-uDEEbXxquVazvPHTB8Tb_UdXkvcnIxBuH2hwDVnxLBBWr88ATZt_UrXZ0kOn7iU27S5Q2iUlVc8fzc5QpvmJLybOJDdL_txclhC4XIiN8dipF9wuWX2oQM8Whor0L67BUpojp8qlf65J3GAI9FIXAizCUqw-XE03iylHYKhdLCDIAM-SvPizxB9vqPiGc0q5OC6UGOtrB24SZbMigX3abXO5evJAYt7ZI8_F3nndUc0nJIHxifpdkSzpb2pXrUAdDYaxN6q7KMT7zIlTTOmhuRblv6MlJXTY5N9AL-DNk7Vdh55VQ5YV12KumDijLDjaSyV5mkz4w6SV6Hm-a7zXRt5-WSV9evx14ZHy3L6q1HLGLLowhG5UZjjJ9i23YWJjFKRgla4K2wiIlaqEdY_pd-nAqYHwxGmP9QdVWPKbz=w1283-h949-no

Haven't been up there (La Sal Pass rd) for a few years and it's gone into disrepair since like 2010... Trail condition has worsened, moreso up higher in the forest section climbing away from the mine and many more exposed and chundered rocks; lower is about as I remember from climbing out of the PJ and the shelf road sections.

Those three bangers are hilarious. Not sure why, but they make my fiancé crack up each time I use them. I find them comical too, over the top. I’d imagine they are more effective at clearing mud than the wedge-shaped mist type.
I aimed mine with a safety pin, stick it in the hole and adjust ... But in my Suby I swapped for a spray (from next gen OB) vs stream... Sounds like Tacos offer the same mod, a fan spray pattern vs. the triple squirt?

I did the Taco mod. It is a nice even spray vs. 3 streams OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom