What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just seeping out from between the boot and axle, added a new clamp

Copy that.

Mine's had record of that since about 60k or 90 k (160k now, only last 10K are mine ;). I was thinking I'd squirt some new CV grease in it then just reclamp with some steel cable ties...?
What's you clamp with, legit axle boot clamp?

thanks for the beta.

Copy that.

Mine's had record of that since about 60k or 90 k (160k now, only last 10K are mine ;). I was thinking I'd squirt some new CV grease in it then just reclamp with some steel cable ties...?
What's you clamp with, legit axle boot clamp?

thanks for the beta.
There is a hose type clamp kit someplace on line that I got

I used the Pfran ones when I rebooted my OEM axles. One sprang a crack after the lift. Used the Pfran since I don't have the clamp tool and also had them already since was planning to re-clamp after the lift.

Other parts - PFran LEDs

Polished the ol headlights

IMG_1870.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

What did you use to polish ? I've had good luck with Meguiars ultimate compound and then waxing them when I'm all done. However the haze always comes back after a few months. I'm guessing in order to keep it looking nice you would almost have to sand everything and then shoot them with a clear acrylic.

VERY NICE! You should now seal them to keep 'em clear (also @ half k cruiser... just saw your question).
I've cleared lights before but they oxidize again, in time. I've read up on (but sadly admit have yet to do so myself) that you can seal the plastic from further oxidation..
I intend to do my GX to keep them rad/clear, soon...

Anyhoo, home recipe for a sealant to prevent recurrent oxidation is: 50/50 mixture of Mineral Spirits and Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane.

Here's a good write-up
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/headlight-restoration-guide-201687.html

Ciao!

What did you use to polish ? I've had good luck with Meguiars ultimate compound and then waxing them when I'm all done. However the haze always comes back after a few months. I'm guessing in order to keep it looking nice you would almost have to sand everything and then shoot them with a clear acrylic.
I used the 3M headlight restoration kit, attaches to a power drill, I've had good luck with it.

VERY NICE! You should now seal them to keep 'em clear (also @ half k cruiser... just saw your question).
I've cleared lights before but they oxidize again, in time. I've read up on (but sadly admit have yet to do so myself) that you can seal the plastic from further oxidation..
I intend to do my GX to keep them rad/clear, soon...

Anyhoo, home recipe for a sealant to prevent recurrent oxidation is: 50/50 mixture of Mineral Spirits and Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane.

Here's a good write-up
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/headlight-restoration-guide-201687.html

Ciao!
Sweet! Thanks gonna check this out for sure.

Nope! I did read about the trouble you had fitting yours, so I told the tire shop to just throw the new spare in the cargo area if it didn't fit. Lo and behold they got it snugged up in place just fine. I need to crawl under there and see if they had to adjust the hitch or anything.

.. any shennanigans with the spare's fitment? ;)
looks great!

Did the valve cover gaskets - Truck is at 126k now, and they were leaking pretty good, even after snugging down the bolts.

What a pain in the ass. Not hard, per se...just time consuming. Lots of junk in the way to get them off, then swapping in the spark plug tube seals requires prying back 4 little tabs per hole. Plus cleaning as you go, etc...

Anyway, a couple pics:

valve-cover-gaskets.jpg

^^^ You can see the 4 tabs per hole that have to be pried back to replace the tube seals (new ones are blue, FelPro gasket kit). Lube the inside of them to make the cover go back on more easily.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised at how clean things were inside this motor! -->

valve-cover-off.jpg

The lesson here: Use good oil, and change it on time!!!

- Brian

Since you've just had your CD/DVD changer out, are there any video OUT ports (HDMI, S-Video, RCA, etc.) on the back of that unit? I'm wondering if there's anything to tap into to add a second screen for the rear passengers, a way to hack-in and recreate the DVD entertainment option which I do not have....

I haven't begun searching or following up on the thought, I'd assume there may be info out there, but I'm curious if one can hack a tablet or aux screen for rear passenger viewing without the full entertainment package and factory flip-down screen. . . .
emoji_u1f914.png

Mine was just a CD changer, so no connections outside of the factory harness. I didn't remove my head unit to look at the back of it, I just unplugged and unbolted the 6 disk changer from the glove box home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom