What did you do to your pig today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My son working on 70 series springs for his pig, then checking out his work today.
IMG_7480.JPG
IMG_7545.JPG

View attachment 1438880 View attachment 1438882

As a follow up. I thought I would show what I did with that Go Kart. A few stops around the California desert can yield some interesting items as well. A shoe tree and great looking pickup.

Enjoy,
Eric.

Looks like fun!
Are you out prospecting?
How do you turn it around? Do you need 2 people so you can lift off the tracks?

What did I do? Drove it home for the first time. Bought a '76.
Had a '72 over ten years ago, until another driver decided to total it. That broke my heart & I'd always wanted to get another.
Well...
Here we go. Ideally, a slow paced journey down the rabbit hole. The goal(ish) is a well functioning, every other daily driver. Local camping, fishing, and ski area visits.
My wife is ok, supportive even with this!

View attachment 1439891

View attachment 1439892

Awesome! Congrats! Where did you find her? The Pig, not your wife...

put the battery back in and it fired right up...ok... 3rd short crank burst...

Looks like fun!
Are you out prospecting?
How do you turn it around? Do you need 2 people so you can lift off the tracks?

Prospecting. Always on the look out for a heart of gold.

Plans to turn it are to use a jack at the C G. I welded a small pipe cut off to jack into and then tip/ turn it about. Jack I brought was too small so a two man horse around was in order. A reversing gear would be the ticket.

E.

Awesome nastagia
Great share.

Two weeks and 2,600 miles later, we're back home as of Monday evening after touring UT, NV, CA and that sliver of AZ between Mesquite and St. George. Only to jump in the wife's X5 for an overnight to Pueblo to buy a birthday dinner for an aging relative. Let's just say the driving experience in the BMW was slightly different.
All those miles reinforced my conclusion that the best of the many mods I've done while building the Frankencruiser was the install of the late model F-150 captains chairs (complete with adjustable lumbar support and built in shoulder belts.) Pretty comfy compared to experiences on the factory front bench on 600 and 900 mile jaunts in my original Pig. Second would be the mini-truck power steering. Third would be the Ranger overdrive (downgraded only because of the noise, which thankfully seems to lessen considerably around 70-75 mph.) A few surprised looks from folks in the right lane when we passed them on the Interstate.
Lots of thumbs up and smiles along the way, which made up (mostly) for the 24-hour layover in Baker CA to get the exhaust manifold replaced and having to buy a new battery while in Ocean Beach. Thankful to be running the SBC...might probably still be stuck in the middle of the Mohave looking for an F exhaust manifold.
Had some fun in the backcountry of Death Valley and doing the middle third of the old Mohave Road. We'd done the eastern third previously and the unscheduled adventure with the exhaust manifold forced us to delay the western third until next time. Next stop Cruise Moab, then the Telluride Bluegrass Festival and the Pig Party in Rico. In between, a 914-6 trip beginning Memorial Day weekend at a PCA event in Santa Fe, then on to Phoenix and Ocean Beach again for our granddaughter's birthday.
Something about road trips in old cars...

Treat rust then seal seams and build bucket risers then prime and paint. Prolly put some noico deadener down and cover the floor with some trail tailor bulk vinyl. From there I'm going to do a headliner and some sail panel trims sling with shoulder belts and fj60 seats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom