What did you do to your pig today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Treat rust then seal seams and build bucket risers then prime and paint. Prolly put some noico deadener down and cover the floor with some trail tailor bulk vinyl. From there I'm going to do a headliner and some sail panel trims sling with shoulder belts and fj60 seats

S,

I have a couple of yards of the black heavy vinyl. Or I hope to place another carpet order in the next month. I can get the molded vinyl and molded carpet for the piggies.

J

Awesome! Congrats! Where did you find her? The Pig, not your wife...
Hahaha....Pablo, I found 'er in a driveway in Cañon City, Colorado. Elderly fella had a "For Sale" sign on it with a 7 digit phone #. Had it been on Craigslist, it would've been sold already FOR SURE! I got real lucky.

I pulled the parking brake off and tries to fix the leak with a Speedy Sleeve. Nope.

I am ordering a new speedo housing with new seals from @Mudrak to fix it. The drum was scored so the speedy sleeve is still a good thing.

I also installed the EGR block off plate from JimC the I managed to break a stud removing the old junk yesterday. I coated it with bronze high temp sealant and torqued down the remaining stud. Praying I get a good seal.

I made a big list for @beno as well. I am meeting him on Friday to get the parts to start getting the mechanicals straight.

it's just an fzj80 ebrake handle, mount and cable, going to my fzj80 rear full floater...I plan to relocate it to the middle ala most rigs.

I have my e-brake handle there and with after market seats you just can't reach it without opening the door. Not a big deal, but I guess if your life was perfect this would bug you. :)

OK, Bob, I give; where should I put it? ( :doh: )

:lol: I would, but it'll get in the way of the rifle box...maybe I can scoootch it back some...

pssh, my rifle sits on my lap.

Onemanarmy, I just saw your question on the springs. We had to cut off the center spring pin after removing several leaves from the rear springs. Then I decided to buy or build a heavy duty rear bumper/ tire carrier so I added one leaf back which meant that I needed longer spring pins.... now I need to add longer shackles to level the rear after I finish the shackle reversal up front.

I'd prefer on a trunnion on the rack but it is California and they don't allow riders on flatbeds

Masked everything off and did the acetone douche followed by the rust converter preceding the seam re-seal to commence tomorrow prior to the underdash prime. On schedule to have underdash and firewall paint on by Tuesday and wipers back in by Wednesday...nothing more to do but walk the dogs and get the dash components cleaned up...ps: of all things that come in useful when working on fj55s, go figure butcher paper is one of em...

IMG_2065.JPG
IMG_2067.JPG
IMG_2073.JPG
IMG_2074.JPG
IMG_2076.JPG

Onemanarmy, I just saw your question on the springs. We had to cut off the center spring pin after removing several leaves from the rear springs. Then I decided to buy or build a heavy duty rear bumper/ tire carrier so I added one leaf back which meant that I needed longer spring pins.... now I need to add longer shackles to level the rear after I finish the shackle reversal up front.
If you build your own tire carrier for your Pig, I'd be very interested in your process! I was wondering about the same task today. Some sort of swing away style.

Since most my budget is going towards functionality stuff, I'm cutting corners on some of the cosmetics. Until I can buy professional painting equipment, I'm painting my Pig driveway style. Off White over Vomitous green. I may regret my color choices once it's on....but ANYTHING is better than the Poo brown/white/gold that's currently resides on my rig!

IMG_1722.JPG

IMG_1723.JPG

IMG_1724.JPG

Ha! Two tone rules!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom