Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fleabay deliveries, one is an upgrade, one is a downsize, and the last was just an impulse buy that might come in handy in inclement weather...
001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

@OffRoadScott , Don't rattle can it if you ever plan on selling it. Bumpers are fine, but stay off the body.

Replaced worn Ranchos with the basic yellow Dobinsons gas shocks. What a difference--way more stable, firm, damp, and quiet.

Last edited:
Diving in head first. Uma is getting new nerves ( new fuse block harness)

IMG_20190918_200532.jpg

Well, I cleaned the interior of my GX470 this morning for about four hours. It needed some attention.

If you're bored and want a story that'll have you saying "no way!" for the next few days, here you go. It's all true my friends!

^^ WOW. Great post. You should have bought a lottery ticket. It's in line. Were those the "convicts" that were on the news for a week or so? A pretty rough looking dude and an unspeakable companion...? Post a separate thread in CSC for this, it DEFINITELY deserves it and won't get lost in this giant thread. Just wow.

Last edited:
^^ WOW. Great post. You should have bought a lottery ticket. It's in line. Were those the "convicts" that were on the news for a week or so? A pretty rough looking dude and an unspeakable companion...? Post a separate thread in CSC for this, it DEFINITELY deserves it and won't get lost in this giant thread. Just wow.

The couple you're referring to were different convicts. Az. has had an unfortunate string of escapees recently - hoping that stops.

Diving in head first. Uma is getting new nerves ( new fuse block harness)

View attachment 2086698
Uma is no longer throwing up wires. Got it all back together. Starts with the keys, long story, turns off with the key part of that long story. Kill switch installed only thing is not getting rear stop or turn signals

(need a freakin' ladder to get anything usefully cleaned on the top)

Same here. Tractor Supply, found a 6" wash brush that would fit into a 5 gallon bucket and a 6' pole to mount it to..
Bought it for the daily driver but found it makes quick work on the Toyota's as well.👍
wash brush.JPG
T680.JPG

I took my 60 for a 300-mile (round trip) run from Tucson to Frye Mesa Reservoir (outside of Safford, AZ) on Sunday. I've been interested in the reservoir for a while and finally found a free day to give it a go. The trip only entailed 14 miles of off-pavement driving, but sections of the road leading up the mountain and descending to the reservoir put my truck through its paces. Several side-by-side off-road vehicles joined me throughout the day, but I only saw one other large vehicle (Jeep Rubicon) attempt the same stretch of road. The water body was nice and chilly; the fish weren't biting, but it didn't ruin the day. The entire experience was made more enjoyable by the H55.

IMG-3419.JPG

I took my 60 for a 300-mile (round trip) run from Tucson to Frye Mesa Reservoir (outside of Safford, AZ) on Sunday. I've been interested in the reservoir for a while and finally found a free day to give it a go. The trip only entailed 14 miles of off-pavement driving, but sections of the road leading up the mountain and descending to the reservoir put my truck through its paces. Several side-by-side off-road vehicles joined me throughout the day, but I only saw one other large vehicle (Jeep Rubicon) attempt the same stretch of road. The water body was nice and chilly; the fish weren't biting, but it didn't ruin the day. The entire experience was made more enjoyable by the H55.

View attachment 2101570
I’ve seen some surprisingly low clearance front wheel drive compacts at that trailhead.

Replaced the hydraulic lifts on the rear gate. Looks like I won't be hitting my head this winter! The new ones actually push up the gate after you pull open part way, almost hands-free!

I’ve seen some surprisingly low clearance front wheel drive compacts at that trailhead.

I think a Subaru Outback could slow roll the majority of the 7 miles of road, which could create problems with two-way traffic in some sections. An Outback (or similar) could not make the descent down to the reservoir in current conditions.

I'm a bit of a wheeling rookie--and primarily had fish-catching on the brain for this trip--so it was a satisfying outing for me. Would've enjoyed some company! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom