Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 77 is on all Historic Vehicle plates. I remember even though my 68 was first registered in November 67 I had to wait until January 93 to get the plates. Ran for a few years and then switched back to regular plates. Now going with old AZ and not paying the extra $25 a year. Now your 77 FJ40 would be correct. My 89 has never had any other plates. When I bought it in 93 the plates still stayed with the vehicle. The maroon plates were the first plate that didn't have a year stamped when they were introduced and weren't replaced when the next style came out.

Good info... didn’t know any of this.

Our '92 turned 27 in August. In honor of that, and to escape the holiday and college mob descending upon Flagstaff, I went east last weekend for a fix of remoteness and solitude in the Land of Enchantment (say that in a loud, slow whisper for maximum awkward affect).

The monsoon was firing and the skies didn't disappoint.
IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

Unlike northern Arizona, which is in the throes of the driest monsoon on record, western New Mexico has seen rain this summer. It shows.
IMG_0814.jpg

The deer and elk were making themselves scarce with the opening of archery hunts. But I saw several groups of pronghorn, including these two dudes, and even heard some Mexican wolves by night which was a genuine treat.
IMG_0827.jpg

Unfortunately, hundreds of miles of dirt touring brought a broken exhaust hanger, which tore a hole in the side of the exhaust--and it developed a pretty bad front drive shaft vibration. This and a big westerly headwind made for a noisy and exhausting ride home.

Nonetheless, here's the old birthday girl in her element. Another great trip--albeit short--in the books. Cheers!
IMG_0802.jpg

Last edited:
Our '92 turned 27 in August. In honor of that, and to escape the holiday and college mob descending upon Flagstaff, I went east for a fix of remoteness and solitude in the Land of Enchantment (say that in a loud, slow whisper for maximum awkward affect).

View attachment 2075130

View attachment 2075138

Unlike northern Arizona, which is in the throes of the driest monsoon on record, western New Mexico has seen rain this summer. It shows.
View attachment 2075141

The deer and elk were making themselves scarce with the opening of archery hunts. But I saw several groups of pronghorn, including these two dudes, and even heard some Mexican wolves by night which was a genuine treat.
View attachment 2075145

Unfortunately, hundreds of miles of dirt touring brought a broken hanger, which tore a hole in the side of the exhaust--and it developed a pretty bad front drive shaft vibration. This and a big westerly headwind made for a noisy and exhausting ride home.

Nonetheless, here's the old birthday girl in her element. Another great trip--albeit short--in the books. Cheers!
View attachment 2075148

Makes me miss my 3F 80.

Very nice! Looks like a great place to explore. 👍
Our '92 turned 27 in August. In honor of that, and to escape the holiday and college mob descending upon Flagstaff, I went east last weekend for a fix of remoteness and solitude in the Land of Enchantment (say that in a loud, slow whisper for maximum awkward affect).

View attachment 2075130

View attachment 2075138

View attachment 2075141

View attachment 2075145

Unfortunately, hundreds of miles of dirt touring brought a broken exhaust hanger, which tore a hole in the side of the exhaust--and it developed a pretty bad front drive shaft vibration. This and a big westerly headwind made for a noisy and exhausting ride home.

View attachment 2075148

View attachment 2075130

View attachment 2075138

View attachment 2075141

View attachment 2075145

View attachment 2075148
Love that last shot... man I miss my 80...

Just discovered your Troopy thread. Beautiful truck; fine work. Steelie envy.
Thanks! Hope we meet on a run at some point. Would love some pointers on visiting New Mexico.

Brake booster/actuator on my sons 02 4Runner leaking, slowly for some time, finally started leaving hints on the ground. eBay to the rescue for this $2400 MSRP OEM only part, found a used one for $455. @murf and Robert G. at CBT to the rescue for the install.

20190907_180652.jpg

Wasn't Land Cruiser related but my parents are in town and we went up to Sedona to check out the Chapel of the Holy Cross then we made our way over to Payson via the 260. There were a few 4Runners out there as well as a nice Land Cruiser, think it is a 40 Series. There looks to be a lot of accessible land along the 260 between Camp Verde and Payson. Does anyone know about these trails or dirt roads?

Here are the only pictures I got from our trip:

IMG_0812.JPG

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0819.JPG

There looks to be a lot of accessible land along the 260 between Camp Verde and Payson. Does anyone know about these trails or dirt roads?

You inspired me to start a 260 thread

I'll post pictures of several trails along 260 on that thread to keep from hijacking this one ;)

Well, i started the 80 for the 1st time in 9 months and drove it 15 miles. Then pulled the screen out of the GX and replaced it.... still black. Not cool. Still debating options.

Another happy Bowfin roof rack customer. Patrick is GREAT to deal with and makes a quality piece of kit. Incredibly well thought out and well made with great aesthetics as well. Rack is solid as a rock! Look forward to anything else he comes up with.

613A2858-08AE-47A9-AFF2-D12A8A83D755.jpeg

Checked the fence on the South Forty.

5916D0CE-B4BF-4499-A934-FEC414CC5FF1.jpeg
4B5F97E5-216F-4F28-9228-BD412C30EE05.jpeg

So I have been tossing around the idea of wrapping the LC or rattle canning the LC. So today I went to Home Depot and bought a can of the Rust-Oleum Khaki and sprayed the rear bumper caps. Yes I know there are imperfections in the paint and exposed cracking but what does everyone think?

IMG_0856.JPG

So I have been tossing around the idea of wrapping the LC or rattle canning the LC. So today I went to Home Depot and bought a can of the Rust-Oleum Khaki and sprayed the rear bumper caps. Yes I know there are imperfections in the paint and exposed cracking but what does everyone think?

View attachment 2084085
If you are thinking short time like me, it works (mine were crunched and pounded back out), I used flat black and from a distance goes unnoticed with the green. Long term, aftermarket bumpers are on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom