Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am currently researching the best spring/shock combo to replace the sagging on the 3rd Gen.

@OffRoadScott and I swapped out our front suspension setups. Ive been wanting to get 851 ome's for a while and use the metal spacers off @medtro LX. Scott got my 850j's to help with his upcoming heavy front end setup and eliminate the stinkbug.

Thanks Scott, it worked out well!

Are you keeping the ribs mounted on the roof? If not, I'd be interested in purchasing them. Private message me if interested in selling.
No I left them on. it wasn't necessary to remove them and I thought why would I want to plug more holes? the Bowfin rack sits close to them in spots but not overly so. I'm suspicious enough of the bolts and washers method, but it's been through three car washes and no sign of a leak yet as I monitor the headliner. Knock on wood.

Not the weekend but couldn’t wait to install a Speski cargo barrier in the 80 that I picked up from another Mud member. These can be hard to come by.

8886DEC1-E768-474C-B43E-386E8DC51D7C.jpeg

These can be hard to come by.

View attachment 1836130

Hard to come by used, but a few simple clicks away for a new one. www.speskioffroad.com

By the way you “should” reverse the barrier part so the welded wire is on the back side giving your headrests a little more space. I’ve been meaning to add that little tid bit to my install directions.

Hard to come by used, but a few simple clicks away for a new one. www.speskioffroad.com

By the way you “should” reverse the barrier part so the welded wire is on the back side giving your headrests a little more space. I’ve been meaning to add that little tid bit to my install directions.
Ha! I knew it! Any progress on the 60 Series or will that not happen?

Ha! I knew it! Any progress on the 60 Series or will that not happen?

No progress yet. I bought a finger brake from SWAG OffRoad. Need to assemble that. Then I can probably start when time allows. I just finished building the remaining 4 barriers that were in back order status.

Last question at some point I saw u were gonna develop an attic rack to go with cargo barrier? Any hope of that before I head to Home Depot?

Last question at some point I saw u were gonna develop an attic rack to go with cargo barrier? Any hope of that before I head to Home Depot?

I never had any plans to do an attic rack. I don’t feel that the captured nuts need any additional stress beyond that of my dog Barrier. I have no science behind that statement, only personal opinion. LabRak has an attic available for the 80 Series that he designed to work with my Barrier.

I am tellin' you, they whisper to each other . . . "come here . . . "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom